Catholic church "acquits" rapist priest

I hope this ONE example isn't true but more to the point is the usual defense and smoke screens posted by the very same sub-humans who screech at the thought of abortion but consistently turn their backs on children.

People (and these are generally watchful Catholics) who keep up with this know that at least in the United States, the Church has worked at making sure child abuse cannot happen within the parish. Many changes were made, and these are now used as models by child protection agencies on effective ways to protect children. The procedures for when my brothers were altar servers to the procedures when my daughters were altar servers were quite different.

The US Conference of College Bishops have cracked down on dioceses who are not open and forthcoming. Things have changed since the 1970s-1980s when the media was pushing the story. By the way, as a journalism major during this time frame, I can attest that the news media could have chosen many other agencies (such as schools, sports, recreation centers) where this also occurs. They chose the Church they thought would get the most play. I'm glad if they could only choose one, they chose the Catholic Church. The Church should be first and foremost leading any community clean-up. The Church was never worse--and often much better--as far as child abuse statistics go. Still, being a Church that statistic should always be ZERO. The Church does not turn its back on children. Period.

This story is coming out of Mexico, so I have no second-hand knowledge of how things work down there. I can say that the Church cannot absolve anyone from a national crime. Unless the Mexican government has a clause that churches can pardon criminals, this is the first part that makes the story suspect.

Looks like its still the same -

For the first time, Vatican releases wide-ranging statistics on priests defrocked over rape and child abuse

What's the State of the Church's Child Abuse Crisis?

Then there's this -

Priests Commit No More Abuse Than Other Males

But still, the catholics seem to be the only and most certainly the biggest real friend to pedos. No other has hidden pedos like they have. Not the morms, not fundies.

Its so sick. They all get away with it while the kids get a life sentence.

Catholic Church ACQUITS Mexican priest who admitted raping 30 young girls even though he knew he was infected with HIV
  • The priest, Jose Garcia Ataulfo, was cleared of wrongdoing even though he admitted to assaulting the girls
  • The victims, whose ages range from five to 10 years old, live in the predominantly indigenous state of Oaxaca in southern Mexico
  • The mother of one of the victims reportedly sought a meeting with Pope Francis in the Vatican, but was rebuffed
  • Since assuming the papacy, Pope Francis has said the church would remove bishops who cover up sex crimes by priests against children

Read more: Mexican priest with HIV who raped 30 young girls absolved by church
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I will never understand how a parent can continue to leave their children anywhere near a fucking catholic priest. These monsters have been raping children for 2000 years and still, the damn parents take their children to a catholic priest.

IOW, complicit in the constant molesting and raping of children are the church, the priests and the parents.
Hey! SSDD for the Catholic Church...most likely they chalk it up to...just girls.

Anthony Wiener had sexual relations with a troubled 15 year old, so what's your point?

Hmmmm A lie about Weiner or 2000 years of rape.

Yeah, that's a real brain flosser, all righty.

WTF is wrong with people who make these lame ass excuses for the catholic church?
Has Weiner been charged with a crime? No. Has this priest been charged with a crime?

The point is still the same - its DEPLORABLE that the same slime makes these slimy comparisons/excuses for the cathollic church and for the pedos they hide.
I never knew the RCC had jurisdiction over government law enforcement.

I doubt it happens as much as said in the RCC, many have jumped on the bandwagon to get money and yes many were abused. Most Priests have flings with females.

There are probably more Protestants preachers or just as many who also abuse children, and also Jewish Rabbis.

I really do not understand the hatred of the RCC.

Lemme guess ... catholic, right?

Link to proof that "most priests have flings with females" (the victims in the OP were female).

Pink to proof that "more protestants/Jews abuse children". If that's true, why is it that its only the catholic church that has been accused of hiding thousands over the entire period they have existed?

BTW, I think it was 2 popes ago who was charged with keeping track of where the pedo priests were sent so they didn't accidentally show up where they had already been caught.

Older women I meant.
Also the jewish community in NY use to send their pedophiles to Israel, same as the RCC use to send them to another diocese. We have no idea about the Protestant preachers.

Now of course these are not rabbis, but a few are but know there are many out there, not just in the RCC, but then the Jews love to make Hollywood movies on the RC pedophiles, but neglect their own.

wall-of-shame - Jewish Community Watch

Nope.

You're whole post takes a very very few and paints them with the same broad brush. See my post ^ with the link saying that priests don't molest any more than other groups but only the papes have willfully and purposely hidden thousands of priests and hundreds of thousands of victims.

Catholic Church ACQUITS Mexican priest who admitted raping 30 young girls even though he knew he was infected with HIV
  • The priest, Jose Garcia Ataulfo, was cleared of wrongdoing even though he admitted to assaulting the girls
  • The victims, whose ages range from five to 10 years old, live in the predominantly indigenous state of Oaxaca in southern Mexico
  • The mother of one of the victims reportedly sought a meeting with Pope Francis in the Vatican, but was rebuffed
  • Since assuming the papacy, Pope Francis has said the church would remove bishops who cover up sex crimes by priests against children

Read more: Mexican priest with HIV who raped 30 young girls absolved by church
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I will never understand how a parent can continue to leave their children anywhere near a fucking catholic priest. These monsters have been raping children for 2000 years and still, the damn parents take their children to a catholic priest.

IOW, complicit in the constant molesting and raping of children are the church, the priests and the parents.
Hey! SSDD for the Catholic Church...most likely they chalk it up to...just girls.

Yeah, boys OR girls, they wanted it.

Not so fast.

Here he is:

priest-300x218.jpg

HIV-Infected Priest Who Confessed to Ra’ping Over 30 Young Girls, Acquitted by Catholic Church in Mexico

The Catholic Church has exonerated an HIV-infected priest who has confessed to raping close to 30 young girls between the ages of five and 10 years old.

According to a shocking report, the priest, Jose Garcia Ataulfo, was forgiven of any offense by the Archdiocese of Mexico.
Ataulfo has admitted to sexually assaulting indigenous young girls from Oaxaca, a state in southern Mexico known for its large indigenous population.

The priest has yet to face any criminal charges, most likely due to the significant influence that the Catholic Church wields in Mexico, particularly in areas populated by indigenous ethnic groups.

___
This confirms Luddly's story. As for the Catholic people here, SassyIrishlass, Weatherman, Penelope, Meriwether, I would like to ask you a question. Why can you not put aside your concern for the reputation of Roman Catholicism and consider the suffering these children endured at the hands of this priest? He confessed. Why can't any of you accept that and address it? I would like to remind each of you that God sees everything. That none of you have shown any sign of compassion for these children ages 5 years old to 10 years old is highly disturbing. Your response concerning this story is very troubling. There is no excuse to insinuating the story is untrue or highly exaggerated. The priest confessed. What more would you need?

Well done but still - I think the most important point here is that it continues, unabated and unpunished, just as it has since the catholic church started.

And as long as people are willing to make excuses for the men who do it and support the church that hides them away, it will just go right on.

The parents of vulnerable children are complicit in their kids being molested and raped.

I doubt it happens as much as said in the RCC, many have jumped on the bandwagon to get money and yes many were abused. Most Priests have flings with females.

There are probably more Protestants preachers or just as many who also abuse children, and also Jewish Rabbis.

"Many have jumped on the bandwagon to get money"........those poor priests...

Anthony Wiener had sexual relations with a troubled 15 year old, so what's your point?
Let us hope he is held accountable....no such hope from the Catholic hierarchy.
It's kind of like saying Microsoft forgives an employee who raped. Bad on Microsoft but pretty meaningless as far as the justice system.

How many thousands of rapists has Microsoft hidden away? Shipped to other locations? Refused to give voice to their victims?

How many?

And for how long? Two thousand years?

If these children were members of your family, would you still be making these pathetic, lame excuses?

It's kind of like saying Microsoft forgives an employee who raped. Bad on Microsoft but pretty meaningless as far as the justice system.

How many thousands of rapists has Microsoft hidden away? Shipped to other locations? Refused to give voice to their victims?

How many?

If these children were members of your family, would you still be making these pathetic, lame excuses?
I have no idea how many rapists Microsoft has hidden away, but it must be stopped immediately.

Why do you think the RCC is above the government judicial system?

However...at least here with the LA diosese, they claimed religious privilege for the longest time to keep their records private.

How many?

Sometimes you have to wonder if they would...think of the Duggar parents.

However...at least here with the LA diosese, they claimed religious privilege for the longest time to keep their records private.
And what happened? Oh yeah, the records were turned over.

Lemme guess ... catholic, right?

Link to proof that "most priests have flings with females" (the victims in the OP were female).

Pink to proof that "more protestants/Jews abuse children". If that's true, why is it that its only the catholic church that has been accused of hiding thousands over the entire period they have existed?

BTW, I think it was 2 popes ago who was charged with keeping track of where the pedo priests were sent so they didn't accidentally show up where they had already been caught.

Older women I meant.
Also the jewish community in NY use to send their pedophiles to Israel, same as the RCC use to send them to another diocese. We have no idea about the Protestant preachers.

Now of course these are not rabbis, but a few are but know there are many out there, not just in the RCC, but then the Jews love to make Hollywood movies on the RC pedophiles, but neglect their own.

wall-of-shame - Jewish Community Watch

Nope.

You're whole post takes a very very few and paints them with the same broad brush. See my post ^ with the link saying that priests don't molest any more than other groups but only the papes have willfully and purposely hidden thousands of priests and hundreds of thousands of victims.

there have not been thousands of priests and thousands of victims.

How many?

And I make no excuses for the RCC. The RCC is a power worshipping demonic cult.
But I don't like bullshit like saying a cult is above the law.

"Many have jumped on the bandwagon to get money"........those poor priests...

That is about the size of it. I come from a long line of RC''s and all my family and extended family and most of Mi at one time was RC and Lutheran, and never heard of anyone being abused by a Priest, and I have had many altar boys as relation.

How many?

And I make no excuses for the RCC. The RCC is a power worshipping demonic cult.
But I don't like bullshit like saying a cult is above the law.

No the RCC is not a demonic cult.

Forum List

Back