CBO: Trump budget would create 720 billion deficit

So now progs suddenly care about the debt, after Big Ears doubled it and they were silent.

HYPOCRISY!!!
HELLO?

Obama brought the running deficit that he inherrited from $1 TRILLION dollars a year down to $4 hundred and something....he reduced the yearly deficit by nearly 600 BILLION a year under his 8 year reign!
How the fuck can you add 10 trillion dollars of debt over 8 years , when you "SUPPOSEDLY" lower the deficit? Only Common Core idiots believe the shit spoon fed them by the liberals.

th0AT5P1R3.jpg

So now progs suddenly care about the debt, after Big Ears doubled it and they were silent.

HYPOCRISY!!!
Do you not understand the difference between the debt and the deficit? You should because Obama's budget reduced the deficit by 2/3.

Yeah, first he ballooned it by a billion percent and then cut that.

Ridiculously dishonest.
Um no actually. Bush ballooned it.

Stupid and irrelevant ramblings.

usgs_line.php

I believe everyone can see the problem/truth here. But keep blaming BOOOOOSH.

Um, yeah actually it WAS Bush. Do you know why there was a jump?

Obama Bans Gimmicks, and Deficit Will Rise
WASHINGTON — For his first annual budget next week, President Obama has banned four accounting gimmicks that President George W. Bush used to make deficit projections look smaller. The price of more honest bookkeeping: A budget that is $2.7 trillion deeper in the red over the next decade than it would otherwise appear, according to administration officials.

The new accounting involves spending on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Medicare reimbursements to physicians and the cost of disaster responses.

HYPOCRISY!!!
Do you not understand the difference between the debt and the deficit? You should because Obama's budget reduced the deficit by 2/3.

Ridiculously dishonest.

usgs_line.php

WASHINGTON — For his first annual budget next week, President Obama has banned four accounting gimmicks that President George W. Bush used to make deficit projections look smaller. The price of more honest bookkeeping: A budget that is $2.7 trillion deeper in the red over the next decade than it would otherwise appear, according to administration officials.

The new accounting involves spending on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Medicare reimbursements to physicians and the cost of disaster responses.

liberal-argument-playbook-use-these-tips-when-debating-an-informed-5529403.png

Ridiculously dishonest.

usgs_line.php

Yes, I'm blaming Bush...for stuff Bush did...

The Democrats are quick to say when President Bush came to office, all was good. He had surpluses as far as the eye could see. Is that a fair characterization?

That's not entirely fair, because the downturn in the economy in 2001 was not the doing of President Bush, really, in any definition. … We got this bubble in the stock market, and the bubble peaked in early 2000, when President Clinton was still in office. And then it started to lose air. It lost air for most of 2000, and job losses began in late 2000. …

Now the critique of President Bush from a fiscal standpoint -- the idea that he inherited a government in good fiscal condition and did not bequeath a government in good fiscal condition -- is absolutely accurate, and that was, by far, mostly his doing. It was not mostly outside events.

What did he do?

He did a few things. He cut taxes really significantly, with the bulk of the tax cuts going to people at the top. …

The old Republican line is it's fine to cut taxes as long as you cut spending. But he … increased spending significantly. He started a new entitlement program -- Medicare Part D, the prescription drug benefit. He started a very expensive war in Iraq, and even apart from the debate about whether that war was a good idea, he clearly didn't pay for the war. He didn't even put it in his budget in the main way they budgeted, so he didn't really even pretend to pay for it.

And the combination of the tax cuts, the war in Iraq, Medicare Part D and some other things meant that he essentially did not run the government as if it needed to make its payments over the long term. He ran it as if it was fine to have a huge deficit.

Debt and the Bush Years - Analysis | Ten Trillion and Counting | FRONTLINE | PBS

CBO: Trump's budget doesn't balance federal ledger

Now, as usual, USMB cons will call this "fake news" because ANY criticism of Trump fits that description in their tiny minds, but because they won't be able to come up with a non-partisan source that disputes the claim, the rest of us will ignore them as always.
because they won't be able to come up with a non-partisan source that disputes the [CBO's findings]

You should add that they'll also resort to "shooting the messenger."

The upshot is that when one has no sound rebuttal or refutation for a claim and resorts to any of the forms of ad hominem responses/argumentation, one unequivocally announces to the world that one has no better case to present, for if one had a better case, one would make it.

As an aside, I have to say I have no respect for individuals who implement ad hominem lines of argumentation. I don't because it's clear that when that is the best one has to offer to discredit an assertion, one knows one has no sounder argument. One has to know that by invoking an ad hominem line, one impugns one's overall credibility and reputation. It is thus outright absurd, when all one has is the ad hominem attack, to do anything other than concede defeat on that matter and move on to a new topic. Now, that's actually so of any use to unsound lines, but it's most egregiously so for the ad hominem because of its personal nature. The irony issuing from users attacking via ad hominem rebuttals is dwarfed by little else.

For that reason, I don't generally bother to respond to such remarks. Why should I? Doing so serves only to give the person a chance to redeem themselves, and why would I want to do that when I'm engaged in discursive opposition to them?

From the article you quoted...
Trump's budget predicts that the U.S. economy will soon ramp up to annual growth in gross domestic product of 3 percent;
CBO's long-term projections predict annual GDP growth averaging 1.9 percent.
CBO: Trump's budget doesn't balance federal ledger

Let's look at the basis for Trump's GDP growth of 3% which then meets Trump's budget.
A) Reduction of Rules and Regulations by Trump...
Look at this chart. Now if Obama pumped more Rules and Regulations which according to
Every year economist Clyde Wade Crews of the Competitive Enterprise Institute releases a report, entitled “The Ten Thousand Commandments” analyzing federal regulations and their costs. Crews’ analysis found that in 2010 the federal government spent around $55.4 billion dollars funding federal agencies, and enforcing existing regulation. But these costs barely compare to the compliance costs that regulation imposes on the economy. Crews’ report cites the work of economists Nicole V. Crain and W. Mark Crain, whose study of the net cost of regulations determined that in 2009 federal regulation cost businesses and
consumers $1.75 trillion, or nearly 12% of America’s 2009 GDP! The Hidden Cost of Regulation | FreedomWorks
Compliance costs $1.75 trillion or nearly 12% of GDP... Reducing this cost by 50% would mean GDP growth alone!
B) Positive attitude about businesses that hire people that pay TAXES!
The CBO doesn't consider that when Obama who wrote the most regulations also said the following regarding capitalism, American businesses, energy dependence..
- Obama wanted to bankrupt 1,400 companies, that pay $100 billion a year in taxes and unemployed
450,000 people that work for these companies! (Obama told us he favored a "single payer health system"... so what happens to the above?)
- " if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can – it’s just that it will bankrupt them.” (Pretty easy way of increasing unemployment.)
- "I prefer higher gas prices". (And Obama signed 40% fewer Federal oil lease exploration then Bush).
- Trump will never tell a foreign country such as "Brazil to develop oil and that the USA will be their best customer"!
- "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (That certainly puts a dent in the pocketbook.)

Instead of speaking DISCOURAGING words to American companies, at the minimum Trump won't do that BUT on the contrary will encourage businesses to grow!

addedrulesregulationsObama.png

Ridiculously dishonest.

usgs_line.php

Yes, I'm blaming Bush...for stuff Bush did...

The Democrats are quick to say when President Bush came to office, all was good. He had surpluses as far as the eye could see. Is that a fair characterization?

That's not entirely fair, because the downturn in the economy in 2001 was not the doing of President Bush, really, in any definition. … We got this bubble in the stock market, and the bubble peaked in early 2000, when President Clinton was still in office. And then it started to lose air. It lost air for most of 2000, and job losses began in late 2000. …

Now the critique of President Bush from a fiscal standpoint -- the idea that he inherited a government in good fiscal condition and did not bequeath a government in good fiscal condition -- is absolutely accurate, and that was, by far, mostly his doing. It was not mostly outside events.

What did he do?

He did a few things. He cut taxes really significantly, with the bulk of the tax cuts going to people at the top. …

The old Republican line is it's fine to cut taxes as long as you cut spending. But he … increased spending significantly. He started a new entitlement program -- Medicare Part D, the prescription drug benefit. He started a very expensive war in Iraq, and even apart from the debate about whether that war was a good idea, he clearly didn't pay for the war. He didn't even put it in his budget in the main way they budgeted, so he didn't really even pretend to pay for it.

And the combination of the tax cuts, the war in Iraq, Medicare Part D and some other things meant that he essentially did not run the government as if it needed to make its payments over the long term. He ran it as if it was fine to have a huge deficit.

Debt and the Bush Years - Analysis | Ten Trillion and Counting | FRONTLINE | PBS

FACTS regarding President Bush:
GWBevents070817.png

How many times Joe do I have to show you this? I guess many more times. Hard to see with liberal thinking in mind.

You can show me that, all day, and it's still bullshit.

Most welfare is "White People Welfare'. Truly. I would love it if you guys ran on ending Social Security and Unemployment Insurance and stuff white people like.

Please, please, please do it.

usgs_line.php

The Bush admin did pass the 2009 budget, duh..

Pretty sure it was Obama who decided to throw 800 billion into air.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia
And Bush had TARP..

I am not defending Bush. But trying to claim that Obama wasn't the king of spending and deficits is simply ludicrous.

No, it's not ludicrous at all. You can't slash spending in a recession, unless you're looking to turn it into a depression, which is what Republicans wanted to happen.

In addition to putting Bush's wars into the budget (something Bush avoided doing to hide the real amount he was spending), there was also the loss of revenue as the economy was shedding 500,000 jobs a month.

Republicans were determined to make Obama a one term President and they didn't care how much they hurt the country with their fiscal policies. The party who famously coined the line "Deficits don't matter", became obsessed with the deficit while Obama was President, while steadfastly refusing to end Bush's tax cuts.

Jimmy Carter handed Reagan a balanced budget and Reagan promptly cut taxes and went on a spending spree, running up the largest deficit in history. Bush I added to Gulf War to the deficit, but Clinton managed to balance the budget, and handed off a solid economy to W.

Before you go on about the .com bubble bursting, that's hardly Clinton's responsibility. Stocks in internet businesses were grossly overvalued, and those values weren't based on real assets and sales, but rather "potential" revenues and growth.

Obama did an amazing job of increasing revenues, and reducing the deficit, despite the obstruction he faced from a hostile legislative branch.

So now that Republicans control all three branches, look for Republicans to claim that deficits don't matter, or that "increased revenues from growth will pay for the tax cuts and cover the deficit". It didn't happen under Reagan, it didn't happen under W, and it sure as hell won't happen under Trump, but somehow, those who continue to bitch about Obama's deficits will be just fine with a Republican deficit.

I'm curious about all the supporting data for your above conclusions as it is SO f...king easy to show how wrong one of all you dumb ass unsupported statements is based
on the facts!
YOU are SO wrong in this statement: Jimmy Carter handed Reagan a balanced budget !
Do any of you including the idiot that wrote this SEE a balanced budget in any of Carter's 4 years?
Do any of you including the idiot that wrote this how INFLATION rate DOUBLED under Carter? 6.5% to 12.2% in just 4 years!
But of course you idiots also think turning around an economy is just like flipping a light switch. Doesn't work that way IDIOTS!!!
Now I can go on and completely blow apart and show what a bald faced lie each of the above statements are!

carterreaganbudget.png

Another totally IGNORANT and blatant LIE! "Obama did an amazing job of increasing revenues, and reducing the deficit,"
NOTE to you IDIOTS!!!
Total Deficits Under Bush:$2.0 trillion Under Obama: $7.2 Trillion! 360% INCREASE in Deficit and this idiot wrote:reducing the deficit,"?
Do you idiots NOT understand you make dumb ass LIES like the above are going to be exposed as completely WRONG!

Bush_Obama-Budget2001-2016.png

Forum List

Back