Cell phone vs. Bible

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
I normally don't have time for forwards but I decided to keep this one:

Cell phone vs. Bible

Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we flipped through it several time a day?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled?

What if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing.

Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being
disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.

Makes you stop and think 'where are my priorities? And no dropped calls!

Great post! Wow, wow, WOW! I agree!

Let me tell you something a preacher said to me years ago, Chuck. I attended his fellowship and he said to me, I notice everywhere you go you carry your bible. You know, Michael Jackson wore a white glove for attention! The Holy Spirit let me know this man was not saved - although he was a Pastor - and that he didn't want me to have any deeper of a walk with God than he thought he had. ( some folks are like that! You have watch out! )

Let me tell what bothered this man. I live in a small town where lots of folks know each other. He knew I carried my bible in my grocery cart, out to dinner, walking my land while I prayed the word out loud, he knew he would never catch me without my bible. As sure as the Lord lives I even slept with my bible under my pillow, Chuck! God knows! If the Holy Ghost has you, ask Him! He'll tell you! Concerning the false preacher -

That man was a wolf. Not a sheep. You know what wolfs do? They eat sheep! That is what they do. So here's the deal. I listened to him and believed perhaps I was drawing attention to myself. Perhaps I was making other christians uncomfortable by carrying it everywhere. I stopped carrying it everywhere. I also left his church and went home.

Then the wolf was exposed. Everyone left his church,his house went into forclosure and he lost everything and had to move his family to a slum, his wife got cancer, his kids were under attack from heartless bullies ( sowing and reaping began to operate in the mans life ) and I never told any of his people what he said to me about me and my bible and Michael Jackson and his glove. The Lord knows but no one else did. I even told the Lord, I forgive this man, Lord. Bless him. Still he was under a curse. Even to this very day! ( YIKES! )

So today as I am reading your thread I realize - I need to return to that practice and you know what? Thanks to you that is exactly what I am going to do! ha! ha! And guess what? Next time I won't be listening to anyone making any comments to the contrary about it!! Thank you. God used you today to remind me of it! May the Lord bless you for it! - Jeri

I am showing my husband this thread and he is amazed that you brought this up. He told me he was wondering when I was going to start carrying it around like that again! LOL! Thanks, Chuck! May the Lord bless you double for it.

I am showing my husband this thread and he is amazed that you brought this up. He told me he was wondering when I was going to start carrying it around like that again! LOL! Thanks, Chuck! May the Lord bless you double for it.

Downtown, a lady said she was threatened by gay rights activists for praying before her meal in the mall. They said they would beat her up if she prayed so she wanted to sit with my sister and I and we let her.

Some people will try to set you up or discriminate against you for carrying a Bible while others will ignore you. You can meet a lot of nice Christians though.

The problem today is that the Bible is not being taught but Biblical "principles" are.

I started my own Christian message board and Christians ignored it, pastors stuck up their nose at me (for the most part) and other administrators wouldn't leave their board to give me any time or support so I took my message board down. I had a problem with unwanted advertising on my board since it was "free" and those who would come were false teachers who said that I should get rid of doctrine.

I've been writing a theology book and I have lots of theological and Bible study articles so I believe it won't be a best seller because people don't care.

Last edited:
"Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord shall deliver them out of them all".

My afflictions never came from a gay person, Chuck. They came from false teachers within the church. Also family members who were unsaved and unable to accept the difference between myself and themselves. To be fair though I don't get out much. So those were the only two groups that had access to me until I got on the internet many years later.

I believe the people who told her they would beat her up were demon possessed. That is where the problem arose. Demons manifest when Jesus is lifted up / holiness is in their presence.

I remember Perry Stone telling the story of a demon possessed man in a church parking lot telling him he was going to harm him. Perry took his foot - drew an imaginary line with it on the ground and said - That is the bloodline and you can't cross it, Satan. He bound the spirits operating in the man and the man couldn't cross the line no matter how hard he tried. He wrote about it in one of his best selling books. It is another evidence of Luke 10:19. imo.

This will sound like foolishness to those who do not understand the power of the Blood of Jesus, but ask any ex satanist and they will tell them the one thing they cannot touch is a Christian who knows how to use the Blood of Jesus in warfare. You cannot cross the bloodline. Christians should plead the Blood every single day over themselves, their loved ones, their property, their cars - because we are in a warfare that isn't flesh and blood but spiritual ( Ephesians 6:11 - 20) We need to plead the blood. The Blood and the Glory by Billye Brim is the best book I know on the Blood and how to use it. About the woman...

Even if she had been beaten up? She is sharing in the fellowship of Christs sufferings and will also share in his resurrection. People like to quote that scripture and leave out the part about the fellowship of his sufferings. That is a part of it. As Western Christians we must come to terms with that even though the television preachers will insist that "we must not have had enough faith" if we are suffering!

Anyhow, Paul called these trials "momentary afflictions" but when they are happening they sure don't seem "momentary"! ha! ha! Here is the flip side of the coin though...

2 Thessalonians 1:6 says : Seeing it a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you.

What the Lord revealed to me about that scripture is that when the world troubles a child of God they are guaranteed tribulation as their reward. I remember a woman who told me of a man who was tormenting her at work. He did horrible things to her to try and discredit her in front of her co workers because she was a christian. One day the Lord gave her that scripture. Shortly thereafter he came into work with two broken arms. ( I believe it was both of them ) I have to tell you that there is scripture for that too.

Psalm 37:17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken; but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.

That is not all God will do either. God will kill some. Consider Nabal who troubled King David and his men by refusing them provisions while he profited from their presence. God killed him and gave his wife to David. ( Abigail ) Then there are the Syrians who came to do the Israelites harm and God sent an angel and slew 145,000 Syrians ( Assyrians ) while the Israelites slept. ( 2 Kings 19:29) and as you know there are many, many more examples. It goes back to touch not mine "anointed" and do my prophets no harm. You never know who has the anointing on their life ( well, you might - but the world doesn't ) and if you touch them it could be a death sentence. That is how serious it is. So those people in the mall could have perished for their ignorance in approaching the woman at all.

Last story but definitely a favorite of mine - Dumitru Duduman. The Romanian Pastor who was imprisoned by the Communists in Russia for smuggling bibles to communist nations and not revealing who the christians were he was working with.

The Communist Captain of the jail ordered he be put in a dungeon with rats. The angel of the Lord showed up and told Dumitru, you will not die, you will live. Do not be afraid Dumitru. He saw all these glowing eyes surrounding him and suddenly a bright light - instantly the rats were all dead. The captain was furious and said Dumitru had killed his "pets".. Now he demanded he be beaten to death. Again they could not kill him! He survived it. Now the jailers became fearful of touching this man. They knew something was going on I believe. So guess what happened next?

The captain ordered Dumitru to be electrocuted. They hooked him up - tried to electrocute him but still he did not die. Dumitru did suffer. Let me be clear when you read his book, "Man through the fire" you will know his body did endure suffering but God had his angels ministering to Dumitru throughout. Now here is where it gets interesting! That night Dumitru did not die from electrocution but guess who did? You got it! The communist captain who had ordered the execution of Dumitru! He died of internal bleeding that very same night! Perfectly healthy man dies of internal bleeding? No. That was 2 Thess 1: 6 fulfilled. The workers at the jail told Dumitru, you're God has saved you, Dumitru. They are sending you home.

Now the government of Communist Romania was so afraid of this man of God after seeing the Captain of that jail die like that that they said we are deporting you and your family to America. He was not permitted to take anything but their clothes and personal belongings. Dumitru already knew he was coming to America because the angel of the Lord told him God is sending you to America to warn them. His story can be read on google - it is called "America will burn". It is a fulfillment of Revelation 18 for America. His grandsons website Hand of Help is the only website I look at for Ministry today. He is a Christian of integrity - Michael Boldea. Most of the church leaders do not like his message because like you he is telling the truth! Which brings me to my last point! Your book!

I would buy a copy! I can see you love the LORD and are not a Laodicean preacher! So! Here is the thing. If the Holy Spirit told you to write the book then write the book. It does not matter how many buy the book the only thing that matters is that you obeyed him!
Have a blessed day. - Jeri

Cell phone vs. Bible

Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?

Oh, and one more thing.

It's much easier for me to preach the gospel through a cell phone to a believer than it is by using a Bible to speak to him.

I've never used a Bible as a telephone before so I wouldn't even know how you Christians do that.

Cell phone vs. Bible

Oh, and one more thing.

How about using a Bible app on your cell phone. Now that is multitasking. :eusa_angel:

Great post. Couldn't agree more.

Cell phone vs. Bible

Oh, and one more thing.

My priorities are freedom of and from religion. Liberty for all. Equal rights, opportunities and representation under the law for everyone. The right to do and say whatever you want so long as it doesn't violate another person's right not to have harm done to them or their property. The Bible doesn't teach any of that so it's not a priority of mine.

Cell phone vs. Bible

No.

Bible apps for cell phone.

Texting random stuff with God is pretty fun.

We remembered it.

Texting with God is very beneficial and fun.

Bible gives a better high.

Excellent. First we hook kids up with free Bible and pretty soon they'll be addicted to the excellent high that comes from knowing Jesus.

Less stress.

That's not an emergency, that's a crisis.

Oh, and one more thing.

God has perfect reception everywhere in the Universe.

Great post! Wow, wow, WOW! I agree!

Let me tell you something a preacher said to me years ago, Chuck. I attended his fellowship and he said to me, I notice everywhere you go you carry your bible. You know, Michael Jackson wore a white glove for attention! The Holy Spirit let me know this man was not saved - although he was a Pastor - and that he didn't want me to have any deeper of a walk with God than he thought he had. ( some folks are like that! You have watch out! )

Let me tell what bothered this man. I live in a small town where lots of folks know each other. He knew I carried my bible in my grocery cart, out to dinner, walking my land while I prayed the word out loud, he knew he would never catch me without my bible. As sure as the Lord lives I even slept with my bible under my pillow, Chuck! God knows! If the Holy Ghost has you, ask Him! He'll tell you! Concerning the false preacher -

That man was a wolf. Not a sheep. You know what wolfs do? They eat sheep! That is what they do. So here's the deal. I listened to him and believed perhaps I was drawing attention to myself. Perhaps I was making other christians uncomfortable by carrying it everywhere. I stopped carrying it everywhere. I also left his church and went home.

Then the wolf was exposed. Everyone left his church,his house went into forclosure and he lost everything and had to move his family to a slum, his wife got cancer, his kids were under attack from heartless bullies ( sowing and reaping began to operate in the mans life ) and I never told any of his people what he said to me about me and my bible and Michael Jackson and his glove. The Lord knows but no one else did. I even told the Lord, I forgive this man, Lord. Bless him. Still he was under a curse. Even to this very day! ( YIKES! )

So today as I am reading your thread I realize - I need to return to that practice and you know what? Thanks to you that is exactly what I am going to do! ha! ha! And guess what? Next time I won't be listening to anyone making any comments to the contrary about it!! Thank you. God used you today to remind me of it! May the Lord bless you for it! - Jeri

This is one stupid-ass fucking story. Jeremiah is a compulsive liar.

A pastor implies that obsessively carrying a bible around all the time could be a sign of attention whoredom, and because you felt insulted, you in turn claim that the "Holy Spirit" revealed to you that he is "unsaved" and cursed to experience a chain of terrible events... which you made up specifically for this topic, looking for attention.

Perhaps you could have found the wisdom in what he was trying to say. Jesus himself talked about how humans who do "good" deeds "for all to see" sometimes tend to relish in the attention they get from it. He said doing good things in secret shows you are doing these deeds for the "right" reasons.

Its about intent, for which God places higher value than actions alone.

To do "good deeds" with selfish intent means they were never "good deeds" at all, in the eyes of God. Likewise, to do "evil" deeds with selfless intent means they were never "evil deeds" to begin with. In "the eyes of God".

Last edited:

The lying continues.

Cell phone vs. Bible

Oh, and one more thing.

It's much easier for me to preach the gospel through a cell phone to a believer than it is by using a Bible to speak to him.

I've never used a Bible as a telephone before so I wouldn't even know how you Christians do that.

You may have missed the point??? I believe the OP is simply saying that folks pay a LOT more attention to worldly things than they do the Word of God (including Christians is many or most cases).

I love my Bible and read from it often but I admit that the distractions of this world are many; varied; interesting; and, in some cases, captivating. I do mess with my smart phone and my Xbox 360 a lot (likely more often than I read from my Bible). The OP is a great reminder that we truly need to remain in God's Word.

The lying continues.

No need to troll. If you have nothing of importance to say then wisdom dictates that you say nothing at all.

Cell phone vs. Bible

Oh, and one more thing.

My priorities are freedom of and from religion. Liberty for all. Equal rights, opportunities and representation under the law for everyone. The right to do and say whatever you want so long as it doesn't violate another person's right not to have harm done to them or their property. The Bible doesn't teach any of that so it's not a priority of mine.

Very Wiccan of you.

I don't believe that anyone has violated any of your rights. Nevertheless, a short study of TRUE American history will reveal that our nation was founded by Christians and that many morals of the Christian religion were incorporated into the early American psyche. My signature line gives you a very brief and broad idea of what I'm talking about. Follow the links.

But whatever the case, Christians, too, have the "freedom" and "liberty" to exercise their "equal rights, opportunities, and representation under the law." We are NOT second class citizens but right up there with all other Americans. We aren't doormats without a say in social matters and if we choose to carry a Bible around and read it in public places then that's exactly what we shall do.

I believe the people who told her they would beat her up were demon possessed. That is where the problem arose. Demons manifest when Jesus is lifted up / holiness is in their presence.

What would you know of possession?

The lying continues.

How exactly would you know she is lying about talking to her husband? I see little to no reason to doubt this exchange occurred. Nor any reason why she would lie about it.

Cell phone vs. Bible

Oh, and one more thing.

Then you'd probably be ready for a rubber room... or the Jehovahs.

Cell phone vs. Bible

Oh, and one more thing.

You don't have a right to freedom from religion. Because that would require you to have the power to prevent your fellow citizens from exercising their freedom. You are free to not listen to what I preach, but you don't have the right to stop me from preaching.

The Bible was the first book on record that taught that we had the freedom of religion. "Choose this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

My recommendation to you is that you read the Bible. You might be surprised.

Forum List

Back