Cell phone vs. Bible

that believers believe that Jesus died for my sins is enough for me to say that Jesus already paid my bill to god

but believers don't believe Jesus died for your sins if you don't believe.....therefore your logic leaves you screwed.....

Jesus died for my sins whether I believe it or not. No repenting necessary.

What I believe from my theology books is that repentance is a step and that you can't believe in something unless you turn from something.

King James Bible
For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; - 1 Thessalonians 1:9.

http://biblehub.com/1_thessalonians/1-9.htm

All the repentance necessary for salvation is in the word "believe". When we believe, we inwardly turn from idols to serve the living God.

I believe that repentance follows salvation.

Last edited:
I normally don't have time for forwards but I decided to keep this one:

Cell phone vs. Bible

Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we flipped through it several time a day?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled?

What if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing.

Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being
disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.

Makes you stop and think 'where are my priorities? And no dropped calls!

Except of course, if you took a Bible instead of a phone into the woods, got lost, and died less than a mile from civilization because of no google maps but you were able to pray, it'd not help the image of priorities at all. :)

Conversely, a cellphone could lose signal or the battery could die while the pages of the Bible may be used to start a fire for warmth or a smoke signal. One could always buy another Bible and I believe God would understand using it in a survival situation.

Conversely, a cellphone could lose signal or the battery could die while the pages of the Bible may be used to start a fire for warmth or a smoke signal. One could always buy another Bible and I believe God would understand using it in a survival situation.

This one time after a breakup, I was hurt and pissed off so I climbed a mountain... so that when I reached the top I could meditate away from humanity and then get super blazed.

After meditating, I realized that I forgot to bring a bowl! I didn't have any blunt wraps either but a lighter and an ounce of some really good White Widow! What was I to do?

I had a pocket sized Bible. Normally there are blank pages at either side but this one didn't have any.

So I tore out the Table of contents.

And smoked every book of the Bible in one epic, badass, biblical joint! :)

This one time after a breakup, I was hurt and pissed off so I climbed a mountain... so that when I reached the top I could meditate away from humanity and then get super blazed.

After meditating, I realized that I forgot to bring a bowl! I didn't have any blunt wraps either but a lighter and an ounce of some really good White Widow! What was I to do?

I had a pocket sized Bible. Normally there are blank pages at either side but this one didn't have any.

So I tore out the Table of contents.

And smoked every book of the Bible in one epic, badass, biblical joint! :)

I smoked heavily for years. I got pretty creative when the need arose. I ALWAYS found a way to catch that much needed buzz (escape from reality and truth).

Forum List

Back