CEO pay is 380 times average worker's

what do you want done about it and who do you want to do it? Answer, or STFU about it.

You must love big government and corporate welfare.

hate big government. What you fools call corporate welfare is the US tax code. The tax code was written by congress and the dem party has controlled congress for most of the last 75 years------------so the dems that you love so much are responsible for the corporate welfare that you hate so much.

I'm not a democrat. So your ok with companies paying so little employees collect welfare? That is why our government grows. Meanwhile the rich get richer. If you really hated big gov you'd know corporations must take care of workers. Otherwise the government will.

Last edited:
Ok, good ideas, how does that reduce CEO pay? How do you define "good wages" ? Is a good wage for a wal mart clerk the same as a good wage for a shipyard welder? Who decides if a wage is "good" ?

It would raise up the bottom. I could care less what CEOs make if they take care of employees. Them getting rich off corporate welfare is the problem. The min wage would be one that keeps employees off welfare, it would go up from there.

OK, lets say that walmart gives all employees a 20% raise. What does that do to walmart prices and their annual sales? answer: prices will go up, sales will go down, employees will be laid off, stores will close------------but you fricken libs will be happy, before they got laid off they were making a "living wage".

I cannot believe the ignorance displayed by the left on this topic.

They will pay less in taxes, they can get it from there. Or pay the execs less, I don't care.

It would raise up the bottom. I could care less what CEOs make if they take care of employees. Them getting rich off corporate welfare is the problem. The min wage would be one that keeps employees off welfare, it would go up from there.

OK, lets say that walmart gives all employees a 20% raise. What does that do to walmart prices and their annual sales? answer: prices will go up, sales will go down, employees will be laid off, stores will close------------but you fricken libs will be happy, before they got laid off they were making a "living wage".

They will pay less in taxes, they can get it from there. Or pay the execs less, I don't care.

Ok, come back when you wake up from dream world. :cuckoo: They could pay the execs zero and it would not free up enough money to raise all the workers pay.

most of the people you are talking about get EIC, not walfare

You must love big government and corporate welfare.

hate big government. What you fools call corporate welfare is the US tax code. The tax code was written by congress and the dem party has controlled congress for most of the last 75 years------------so the dems that you love so much are responsible for the corporate welfare that you hate so much.

I'm not a democrat. So your ok with companies paying so little employees collect welfare? That is why our government grows. Meanwhile the rich get richer. If you really hated big gov you'd know corporations must take care of workers. Otherwise the government will.

is anyone forced to work for a corporation? is anyone forced to work for a rate of pay that he/she thinks is too low? Is anyone prohibited from working two jobs to make ends meet?

The government is not your wet nurse--------grow up and be responsible for yourself.

is anyone forced to work for a corporation? is anyone forced to work for a rate of pay that he/she thinks is too low? Is anyone prohibited from working two jobs to make ends meet?

The government is not your wet nurse--------grow up and be responsible for yourself.
When the rich collude with the government to rig things in their favor, the only way to remedy the mistake is through government. We average folks cannot afford access to congressmen and senators. the wealthy can afford it and take advantage. Sure, government cannot be our wet nurse. But government owes us citizens a fair shake.

When the rich collude with the government to rig things in their favor, the only way to remedy the mistake is through government. We average folks cannot afford access to congressmen and senators. the wealthy can afford it and take advantage. Sure, government cannot be our wet nurse. But government owes us citizens a fair shake.

Where's your evidence that America's CEO's collude with the government?

And yes we average folks can and do have access to our state and federal representatives. It's merely a phone call or an email away.

Government owes you nothing. You get the government you vote for.

Ok, come back when you wake up from dream world. :cuckoo: They could pay the execs zero and it would not free up enough money to raise all the workers pay.

most of the people you are talking about get EIC, not walfare

Walmart pays like 8 billion in taxes.

CEOs earn 380 times in pay more than average worker - Apr. 19, 2012

So does the CEO work 380 times harder?

Or is the CEO 380 times more useful?

Most nations pay gap is 20/50-1. Not 380-1. It's absolute ignorance.

The job of the CEO today is to prevent pay raises. They get about 25% while the corporations get about 75%. It pays good to be a Cash Driven idiot.

Sadly, "Profits Just Hit Another All-Time High, Wages Just Hit Another All-Time Low "

Read more: Profits At High, Wages At Low - Business Insider

Why are workers trash when Corporations can't thrive without them?

So??

How much do baseball players, football players, basketball players and other athletes make?? They all make big bucks for playing kids games.

And lets throw in what actors make while we're at it. Actors who get up and pretend to be someone else. All for big bucks.

another question for the libs--------how does CEO pay hurt the workers, the consumers, or the country? Do CEOs pay income taxes? Does 30-50% of their income go to the government?

Why is this such a big deal to you libs? Jealousy? envy?

In multiple ways:

1. It allows them direct access to Politicians. They are defacto unelected legislators. In other words a Neo-Aristocracy.

2. Their large compensation has an affect on the profit pool. They take the lion's share leaving labor and share holders to divide the rest.

3. Having no cap on compensation makes the CEO competitive with other CEOs for the highest amount. The CEO cares less about long term policy for the company and more about short term profit.

You need to step into reality. Government will always take care of people in need. You may not like it, but that's how it is. So if corporations hose employees, the gov takes care of them with welfare. That's what is happening and why gov spending grows. Meanwhile the rich get richer with this corp welfare. So support these rich if you want, but your also supporting big gov.

CEOs earn 380 times in pay more than average worker - Apr. 19, 2012

So does the CEO work 380 times harder?

Or is the CEO 380 times more useful?

Most nations pay gap is 20/50-1. Not 380-1. It's absolute ignorance.

The job of the CEO today is to prevent pay raises. They get about 25% while the corporations get about 75%. It pays good to be a Cash Driven idiot.

Sadly, "Profits Just Hit Another All-Time High, Wages Just Hit Another All-Time Low "

Read more: Profits At High, Wages At Low - Business Insider

Why are workers trash when Corporations can't thrive without them?

So??

How much do baseball players, football players, basketball players and other athletes make?? They all make big bucks for playing kids games.

And lets throw in what actors make while we're at it. Actors who get up and pretend to be someone else. All for big bucks.

None of those are paying employees really low wages. They are also one injury or bad movie away from making very little.

And yes we average folks can and do have access to our state and federal representatives. It's merely a phone call or an email away.

Sure, your tactic of ignoring the billions spent by lobbyists would probably make for a more settled mind. If only I could be so obtuse.

Hmm....where would the CEOs of huge conglomerates like MCDonalds and Walmart BE without the workers who make and sell their products?
I think a living wage for those MAKERS at the bottom is the least that those TAKERS at the top could do...and they don't appear willing to do just that.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Define 'living wage'. how much is it in San Francisco, Fargo, NYC, baton rouge, amarillo, miami, peoria ? is it the same in every city, every state, every county?

Is 'living wage' the same for a single guy as it is for a married guy with 5 kids?

'living wage' is a stupid meaningless libtardian term, it means nothing.

Of course "living wage" is relative to the region ...but when an adult is working full time and relying on food stamps to feed her/his family...u KNOW that's not it.

total horseshit, you ignorance is showing once again, shallow. You have no idea how corporations operate, none at all.

corporate finance is more about making your projectins (whether profit or loss) than about profit dollars----------wall street looks favorably on companies that accurately predict what they are going to do in the next quarter, year, etc.

But, once again, your ignorance is only exceeded by your arrogance.

When you are calling someone "ignorant"..please use spell check?

Otherwise..you look "ignorant".

Unless of course, "projectins" is a word.

Who knows? Maybe in Alabama it is.. :D

well holy shit, swallow found a typo------BFD

you really are a moron, shallow/swallow/sallow/fellow.

Hey Redfag..you the queer calling people "ignorant".

Do you say that with a lisp? Or is your mouth full of dick at the moment.

:badgrin:

Really?

A boat load of Republican Presidential wannabees just made a trip to Las Vegas to kiss the ass of Sheldon Adelson.

How can you even post this nonsense?

When you are calling someone "ignorant"..please use spell check?

Otherwise..you look "ignorant".

Unless of course, "projectins" is a word.

Who knows? Maybe in Alabama it is.. :D

well holy shit, swallow found a typo------BFD

you really are a moron, shallow/swallow/sallow/fellow.

Hey Redfag..you the queer calling people "ignorant".

Do you say that with a lisp? Or is your mouth full of dick at the moment.

:badgrin:
\

Jealous much?

Sure, your tactic of ignoring the billions spent by lobbyists would probably make for a more settled mind. If only I could be so obtuse.
The biggest lobbiests work for trial lawyers and unions.
Go soak your head.

Hmm....where would the CEOs of huge conglomerates like MCDonalds and Walmart BE without the workers who make and sell their products?
I think a living wage for those MAKERS at the bottom is the least that those TAKERS at the top could do...and they don't appear willing to do just that.

Define 'living wage'. how much is it in San Francisco, Fargo, NYC, baton rouge, amarillo, miami, peoria ? is it the same in every city, every state, every county?

Is 'living wage' the same for a single guy as it is for a married guy with 5 kids?

'living wage' is a stupid meaningless libtardian term, it means nothing.

Of course "living wage" is relative to the region ...but when an adult is working full time and relying on food stamps to feed her/his family...u KNOW that's not it.

So why dont do you define what it is?

I won't deny the money spent by lobbyist. But not all lobbyist are bad. Lobbyist are the most regulated professions in Washington.

Under the Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA), requires lobbyists to report on a quarterly basis their clients, the fees they receive and the issues on which they lobby. The Honest Leadership and Open Government Act (HLOGA) requires lobbyists twice a year to report campaign contributions for events that honor members of Congress or expenditures that they make to benefit members of Congress. In addition there is a series of revolving-door restrictions that prohibit former government officials from lobbying their former colleagues, in some instances on a permanent basis.

Any one can lobby congress, I do it myself all the time with a simple phone call and a few emails.

If the justification for outrageous CEO pay is that they are the 'job creators', and those CEOs are paid more now than ever before, why aren't they creating more jobs than ever before?

"Job creator" is the reason Conservatives place the wealthy on a pedestal to be honored and worshipped as the bell cows of the economy. But without a vibrant middle class spending disposable income, what kind of economy will result?

Consumer spending drives our economy. Without robust consumer spending, our economy fails. Dilute the buying power of the middle class, keep wages stagnant so that a very few can keep more of the profits and soon we find ourselves living out the tale of the goose that lays golden eggs.

Why are Conservatives so interested in buttressing the wealth of so very few when so very many could use a little help? Why do Conservatives sneer in disgust at an average wage earner, yet fawn over someone who is not creating the jobs they are expected to while sucking the marrow out of the bones of middle class wage earners? Why do Conservatives blame the middle class when all the evidence points to the executive suite? Is there something contemptible to Conservatives about earning a living, raising a family, saving for retirement and sending kids off to college on a middle class salary?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back