Charleston : 13 year old shoots armed intruder dead; Mom taught him self defense

Good that it worked out fine this time. For every gun that is involved in the stopping or prevention of a crime, four are involved in accidental shootings.

Good that it worked out fine this time. For every gun that is involved in the stopping or prevention of a crime, four are involved in accidental shootings.

Absolutely false. But I am sure yo already knew that.

An average of once a day, a small child picks up a gun that he shouldn't be able to get to, and shoots someone. Often a parent, or a sibling, or sometimes themselves.

WCSC : CCSO: One person dead after 13-year-old opens fire at suspected burglar

God Bless the South.

Mom taught son to defend self.

Armed thug intruder shot dead.
Nowhere in the article does it state that the mother taught him how to use a gun. She does state that she wished the incident had not happened.
Well if it had to happen, to me, she couldn't have asked for a better outcome if her boy means anything to her. To me the right person is still here if one had to go. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

An average of once a day, a small child picks up a gun that he shouldn't be able to get to, and shoots someone. Often a parent, or a sibling, or sometimes themselves.

Yeah that nuber only works if you consider a 26 year old to be a "child". The statistic is bullshit as are 99% of the anti gun "statistics".

Yeah that nuber only works if you consider a 26 year old to be a "child". The statistic is bullshit as are 99% of the anti gun "statistics".
wrong

wrong

Correct.

I was mistaken. I said once a day when it is really once a week. I apologize for my mistake. However I was correct in saying it was young children. The Washington Post said toddlers 3 years old and younger.
People are getting shot by toddlers on a weekly basis this year

Wrong. You really should stop reading anti gun extremist crap...they lie to push their agenda....

according to Bill Clinton...Americans use guns 1.5 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack.....accidental deaths from guns in 2013....505....accidental shootings....look it up yourself...nowhere near 1.5 million.

I was mistaken. I said once a day when it is really once a week. I apologize for my mistake. However I was correct in saying it was young children. The Washington Post said toddlers 3 years old and younger.

Yeah...one of the sources used by the Washington Post is Everytown for Gun Safety, which is financed by former mayor Bloomberg and they have been caught lying.....

Accidental shootings account for 0.5% of ALL accidental deaths in the USA. It is the lowest percentage of cause for fatalities. Children aged 14 and under are involved in less than 1.5% of all accidental shootings in the USA. 2011 is the last year I have data for and the total number of accidental shootings was 600 down from a high of 1441 in 1991.

People sadly die from a host of reasons. But right now a child is far more likely to die from a doctors mistake than from a gun.

That is a fact.

Thank you for admitting your first numbers were wrong, and ridiculously so. The second number is wrong too, but at least you are making an effort to be somewhat honest.

From the CDC....

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Kids murdered by guns....

under 1: 12
age 1-4: 39

age 5-14: 142

total gun murder of children.....193

Kids murdered by other means...

under 1: 270
age 1-4: 298
age 5-14: 135

murder of children by other means.....703
Now, if even if you include gun accidents into the total.....

you are still wrong....

Accidental death by gun for children....

under 1: 3
age 1-4: 27
age 5-14: 39

Total accidental gun death for kids 2013....69

Yeah...one of the sources used by the Washington Post is Everytown for Gun Safety, which is financed by former mayor Bloomberg and they have been caught lying.....

Repeatedly. I don't they are even capable of telling the truth.

And more info. on death...

Here are the stats on some common types of death....it would be better to start a crusade to teach people how to walk upright...and save them from falling deaths...you would save more lives.....

guns, drowning and poisoning....

If you cared about people....you would push to ban the following...

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-14 years old: 39
Total: 69 ( in a country of 320 million people)

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr63/nvsr63_09.pdf

Then by year accidental gun deaths going down according to CDC final statistics table 10 from 2010-2013...

So...accidental gun deaths have been coming down as more people own and carry guns for self defense....now 12.8 million people actually carry guns for self defense......on their person, and the accidental gun death rate is going down, not up....

Forum List

Back