Charleston Mayor Joseph Riley: Lack Of Gun Control Is 'Insane'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
n-JOSEPH-RILEY-large570.jpg

Charleston, South Carolina Mayor Joseph P. Riley, Jr. (D) said on Sunday that the lack of gun control in the United States was "insane."

"It is insane: the number of guns, and the ease of guns in America. It just doesn't fit with the other achievements of this country," Riley told CNN's Jake Tapper. "It's a small -- really small group, well-funded -- that keeps this issue from being appropriately addressed."

More: Charleston Mayor Joseph Riley: Lack Of Gun Control Is 'Insane'

I agree! As a hunter and someone who cherishes his firearms - I consider the NRA mentality to be the greatest threat against my future gun rights. The NRA was an honorable outfit up until 1977 - but then it turned to shit when the radicals took over.

How NRA's true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby - The Washington Post

Last edited:
I see no solution to the problem. Just how is the government supposed to get full control on gun ownership? What makes anyone imagine people will not FIND OTHER WAYS to murder?

Hillary should run on a platform of firearm elimination. That would effectively put gun control up for a vote.

I see no solution to the problem. Just how is the government supposed to get full control on gun ownership? What makes anyone imagine people will not FIND OTHER WAYS to murder?

Well, it's hard to reload a knife.

That's the beauty of a knife, you don't need to reload

Are you Heckle or Jeckle?

I'm that republican, George Wallace you quoted the other day LOL

So I assume the mayor is giving up all armed security Round his person, home, and office? If not he's nothing more than a hypocrite.

Funny. If you go to that thread - you will see a note in the OP stating that it is a "parody"...

Funny. If you go to that thread - you will see a note in the OP stating that it is a "parody"...

Yeah after the post where you said and I quote "says who?" No? I busted you bad LMAO

Yeah after the post where you said and I quote "says who?" No? I busted you bad LMAO

Move along now. You're digging yourself into another hole

Move along now. You're digging yourself into another hole

The only "hole" is in your head.

Charleston, South Carolina Mayor Joseph P. Riley, Jr. (D) said on Sunday that the lack of gun control in the United States was "insane."

"It is insane: the number of guns, and the ease of guns in America. It just doesn't fit with the other achievements of this country," Riley told CNN's Jake Tapper. "It's a small -- really small group, well-funded -- that keeps this issue from being appropriately addressed."

I agree! As a hunter and someone who cherishes his firearms - I consider the NRA mentality to be the greatest threat against my future gun rights. The NRA was an honorable outfit up until 1977 - but then it turned to shit when the radicals took over.

How NRA's true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby - The Washington Post
You DO realize that the shooter had an illegal weapon, don't you???? The issue isn't gun control, it's criminal control!!!!

Of course, coming from a Democrat, I can see where he might have some confusion about the actual definition of criminal....

So I assume the mayor is giving up all armed security Round his person, home, and office? If not he's nothing more than a hypocrite.
That`s incredibly stupid. Politicians need security. Perhaps the mayor thinks that crazy people shouldn`t be allowed to buy guns. You think? Ever?

You DO realize that the shooter had an illegal weapon, don't you???? The issue isn't gun control, it's criminal control!!!!

Of course, coming from a Democrat, I can see where he might have some confusion about the actual definition of criminal....

I didn't know the gun was illegally purchased. Please explain. Was it a "private sale" loophole or what?

Forum List

Back