Charlottesville To Remove confederate Statues That Helped Spark Deadly Rally

Do blacks suddenly have the ability to obtain a photo ID since those hunks of bronze were taken down?

Thank goodness that statue and the one of stonewall jackson are coming down

I can't imaging having my emotions rule me like you people do.
I see shit EVERY DAY that I think is dumb or offensive or whatever. You know what I do then? I fucking get over it 3 seconds later and move on with my life.

You and people like you are why people stereotype women as too emotional to make rational decisions
I see shit EVERY DAY that I think is dumb or offensive or whatever. You know what I do then? I fucking get over it 3 seconds later and move on with my life.
That’s called privilege. The privilege of not ever having to think about such things or even take them seriously.
No, that's just common sense. Only brain damaged SJWs get upset about so-called "privilege."
No, that's just common sense. Only brain damaged SJWs get upset about so-called "privilege."
Sure. The “all too common” sense of privilege.
Common among those disinvested from knowing better.

You and people like you are why people stereotype women as too emotional to make rational decisions
That’s called privilege. The privilege of not ever having to think about such things or even take them seriously.
Mislabeling is what progs specialize in. Ignoring prog fantasies is common sense, not "privilege."

They start taking down the statue later today.

It will go into storage until the city can decide who gets it. There have been requests for the statue some out of the state and some in the state.

Thank goodness that statue and the one of stonewall jackson are coming down.

It is long overdue. The statues never should have been erected in the first place.

So they 'helped spark deadly rally'??? So it's okay for lefties to respond to inanimate objects that they dislike with violence? Is that your message, that anything that 'sparks' violence must be removed from view? No one is responsible for their behavior, just conservatives of course?

That's a clear attempt at trying to make nothing into a crime.

Do blacks suddenly have the ability to obtain a photo ID since those hunks of bronze were taken down?
Actually their ability to get a license in certain states has gotten worse and that had nothing to do with the traitor statues. It was part of the GOP attempt to suppress the vote.
Right, it's all a vast conspiracy against the black man despite there not being a shred of evidence to support it.

This is divisive and harmful to America. Selecting out certain groups that are not allowed to be proud of their heritage, is bigotry and divisive.
Should Germans be proud of their Nazi heritage?

Different situation. My point stands. THis is divisive and harmful to America.
Now you get a little taste of the divisiveness black folks have felt for a century with those statues looming large above them and you cry foul immediately. White fragility is a bitch.

What a crock of shit. Those statues were not "looming over" anyone. They were quietly sitting in the park, where blacks either didn't give a fuck about them or liked them because of the shared American heritage.
What a crock of shit. Those statues were not "looming over" anyone. They were quietly sitting in the park, where blacks either didn't give a fuck about them or liked them because of the shared American heritage.
Says Whitey. Whitey always knows what’s good for the Negro. What helps or hurts the negro. Whitey is always generous to the negro despite the negros’ continued ingratitude.

You making racial slurs, is not a counter argument.

My point stands.

Those statues were not "looming over" anyone. They were quietly sitting in the park, where blacks either didn't give a fuck about them or liked them because of the shared American heritage.

My point stands.

Those statues were not "looming over" anyone. They were quietly sitting in the park, where blacks either didn't give a fuck about them or liked them because of the shared American heritage.
You certainly can’t know how they made people feel. The very least and first division you felt regarding their removal caused your knees to buckle and you to cry out to your lord in anguish. By all means though. Continue to suggest their presence had no ill effects on black folks.

I think I can, based on the DECADES of no discussion of them, at all, until the Leftards ran low on pretend wacism and had to dig DEEP to find some shit to pretend to be upset about.
I think I can, based on the DECADES of no discussion of them, at all, until the Leftards ran low on pretend wacism and had to dig DEEP to find some shit to pretend to be upset about
Of course you think you can know. Whitey always knows what’s best for the negro.
It’s the natural order of things. ;)

I already noted your use of racial slurs. Do you need me to be clearer and call you a racist?

Beyond that, my point stands. THe decades of no discussion on the issue, even during the 70s and 80s and 90s, and 00s, when such discussions would have been completely safe to have,

kind of shows that no one gave a damn until just recently.

Why is that? THe statues didn't change? What did change?

I offered my opinion on that. You've called me some racial slurs. So, I take you have nothing, other than being a retarded asshole counter my argument with.

My point stands. No one cared for generations. This issue is ginned up bullshit from modern day leftard assholes.
"My point stands. No one cared for generations."

You never had a point. Blacks have always resented those cracka statues of traitors being paid for with their tax money.

Bullshit. Generations of not caring and not saying shit about them.

It only became an issue, very recently cause you leftards got real desperate for wacism to pretend to be upset over.

Got to keep the hate flowing.
As usual you have no clue what youre talking about. Its amusing you think you know how Black people felt about the loser traitor statues up until recently. :)

Why? I was here. I could see that black communities and populations in their millions, had real shit to worry about, rather than some statues in the park.

I remember.
remember.
You remember your experience from your perspective without ever exploring the experiences of others from their perspective. That is willful ignorance and your insistence that you know something you don’t is hubris.
Charlottesville is 70% white. The median family income is $64K. 20% of the pop had graduate degrees or better. It wasn't "the blacks" who wanted the Daughters of the Confederacy statutes moved to a museum or someplace. LOL

Who said anyone did aside from a bunch of white woke SJWs from out of town? When did anyone in Charlottesville vote on it?
They voted for the legislature. If they didn't like the choices made by those legislators, they could vote them out.

Actually their ability to get a license in certain states has gotten worse and that had nothing to do with the traitor statues. It was part of the GOP attempt to suppress the vote.
Right, it's all a vast conspiracy against the black man despite there not being a shred of evidence to support it.
There is evidence to support it.

This is divisive and harmful to America. Selecting out certain groups that are not allowed to be proud of their heritage, is bigotry and divisive.

Now you get a little taste of the divisiveness black folks have felt for a century with those statues looming large above them and you cry foul immediately. White fragility is a bitch.

Says Whitey. Whitey always knows what’s good for the Negro. What helps or hurts the negro. Whitey is always generous to the negro despite the negros’ continued ingratitude.

My point stands.

My point stands.

You certainly can’t know how they made people feel. The very least and first division you felt regarding their removal caused your knees to buckle and you to cry out to your lord in anguish. By all means though. Continue to suggest their presence had no ill effects on black folks.

I think I can, based on the DECADES of no discussion of them, at all, until the Leftards ran low on pretend wacism and had to dig DEEP to find some shit to pretend to be upset about.
I think I can, based on the DECADES of no discussion of them, at all, until the Leftards ran low on pretend wacism and had to dig DEEP to find some shit to pretend to be upset about
Of course you think you can know. Whitey always knows what’s best for the negro.

I already noted your use of racial slurs. Do you need me to be clearer and call you a racist?

Beyond that, my point stands. THe decades of no discussion on the issue, even during the 70s and 80s and 90s, and 00s, when such discussions would have been completely safe to have,

I offered my opinion on that. You've called me some racial slurs. So, I take you have nothing, other than being a retarded asshole counter my argument with.

My point stands. No one cared for generations. This issue is ginned up bullshit from modern day leftard assholes.

You never had a point. Blacks have always resented those cracka statues of traitors being paid for with their tax money.

It only became an issue, very recently cause you leftards got real desperate for wacism to pretend to be upset over.

As usual you have no clue what youre talking about. Its amusing you think you know how Black people felt about the loser traitor statues up until recently. :)

Why? I was here. I could see that black communities and populations in their millions, had real shit to worry about, rather than some statues in the park.

I remember.
remember.
You remember your experience from your perspective without ever exploring the experiences of others from their perspective. That is willful ignorance and your insistence that you know something you don’t is hubris.
Charlottesville is 70% white. The median family income is $64K. 20% of the pop had graduate degrees or better. It wasn't "the blacks" who wanted the Daughters of the Confederacy statutes moved to a museum or someplace. LOL

Who said anyone did aside from a bunch of white woke SJWs from out of town? When did anyone in Charlottesville vote on it?
They voted for the legislature. If they didn't like the choices made by those legislators, they could vote them out.
The legislature didn't vote on it either, shit stain.

My point stands.

My point stands.

I remember.
remember.

The legislature didn't vote on it either, shit stain.
My apologies, dolt. It was the city council that voted for it. Still elected officials voted on by the people of Charlottesville. Robert E. Lee Monument (Charlottesville, Virginia) - Wikipedia

In February 2017, as part of the movement for the removal of Confederate monuments and memorials, the Charlottesville City Council voted 3–2 for the statue's removal, along with the Stonewall Jackson statue, and for the Lee Park to be renamed.

Or they know you're a racist and aren't worth responding to.

Yes, Joe, blacks are the same, which means any who defy that sameness are "Uncle Toms." The racist has spoken. That's you, Joe

Nothing wrong with being unique.
Everything wrong with selling out to please people who hate you anyway.

If fish have wings, then how is it that goats are able to fly?
If Magic Underwear protects you from Covid, then how are you able to get to the Outer Darkness?

Lincoln did start the war, and Trump did everything your sainted Dr. Fauci advised him to do.
No, the Southern States seceded before he was sworn in.

Fauci wanted to close down the entire country, which Trump refused to do.

Big fucking lie, asshole

You need to read up on the Southern Strategy, and how Nixon won over the former racists for the GOP.
I've read the Marxist propaganda on the so-called "Southern Strategy." That was just a sleazy tactic designed to paint Nixon as a racist even thoug his Dim NAZI opponents didn't have a shred of evidence that he was.
We do now.

Yes, Joe, blacks are the same, which means any who defy that sameness are "Uncle Toms." The racist has spoken. That's you, Joe

If Magic Underwear protects you from Covid, then how are you able to get to the Outer Darkness?

Lincoln did start the war, and Trump did everything your sainted Dr. Fauci advised him to do.

Big fucking lie, asshole

You need to read up on the Southern Strategy, and how Nixon won over the former racists for the GOP.
I've read the Marxist propaganda on the so-called "Southern Strategy." That was just a sleazy tactic designed to paint Nixon as a racist even thoug his Dim NAZI opponents didn't have a shred of evidence that he was.
We do now.

Lies are not evidence. That you lie a lot, is just evidence that you are a liar.

IN the real world, Nixon supported the bi-partisan consensus on civil rights, just like Johnson before him and Ford After him.

No wonder you’re such a fan…

So, to support your idea of Nixon supposedly pandering to southern wacists, you cite secret recordings that only came out today, 50 years later?

Wow. That's..... breath takingly stupid. Or, is it literally insane?

Nixon supported the bi-partisan consensus on civil rights, just like Johnson before him and Ford after him.
No, that isn’t what I said. I simply said we now know that he absolutely was a racist. Even if they were prognosticating back then, they were right.

The Southern Strategy is based on the idea that Nixon publicly pandered to southern wacists, so that they would have a reason to vote for him and the gop.

Secret recordings that didn't come out till decades after Nixon and hte majority of the voters were dead, would not be a reason for any voters to do anything.

You can't support the Southern Strategy, because it's not true.
I have already provided proof that the Southern strategy was a real thing. ....

That is you lying. You've provided ZERO evidence to support your position.

The reality is that Nixon shared the bi-partisan consensus in favor of civil rights for blacks that both parties supported during the time of his presidency.

His policies proved that. And by proved, I mean, actually proved it, by putting his money where his mouth was, by actual policy, implemented and enforced.

You want to ignore that and focus on secret recordings that were not even public at the time as though.... what? NOTHING.
I provided you plenty. Just because you ignored it doesn’t mean I didn’t provide it.

Secret recordings that were not released until decades after Nixon was dead, and even more decades after his elections, do not support the southern strategy conspiracy theory.

To support the theory's claims, you have to show that he pandered for wacist votes, successfully. Some major policies, that helped keep the South segregated or gave special rights to whites over blacks.

That you think a secret recording that no one knew about would convince voters, who never heard it, to vote for Nixon, makes no sense.
I never said the secret recordings that proved what everyone thought about Nixon's racism had anything to do with the Southern Strategy. They are two separate things that, although both deal with Nixon's racism, are unrelated.

The Southern Strategy was real. Just ask Republicans.

The strongest evidence of the Southern strategy comes directly from Republicans at the time.
That includes Clarence Townes, who served as director of the Minorities Division of the Republican National Committee in the 1960s. Harvard professor Leah Wright Rigueur wrote about Townes in her book "The Loneliness of the Black Republican."
When Nixon disbanded the division, Townes told reporters in 1970, "There’s a total fear of what’s called the Southern strategy. Blacks understand that their wellbeing is being sacrificed to political gain. There has to be some moral leadership from the president on the race question, and there just hasn’t been any."...

Nice gish galloping. I will deal with your lead piece, show that it is weak and we can dismiss the rest as ever weaker.

So, the Southern Strategy puts forth the claim that REpublican candidates, after the dems joined the growing national consensus on civil rights for blacks, that the republican candidates somehow "pandered" to the seething pit of wacists that was the South, to flip the region, a dozen states, forever.

Generally liberals used to claim that they pushed racist policies to get southern votes, but that is easily debunked by looking at the policies. Liberals still push that narrative, in settings where no one can question them, but more experienced lefties, when open to questions have dropped the claim of policies.

Which leaves the next line of defense, ie secret code words. This one... is really pathetic. I give seawytch credit for not even trying that one.

She has tried the third line of defense, ie citing other people that say the same thing. Which.... just wow. lol.

NOw, lets look at the leading piece of "Evidence" in her use of the Gish Gallop Fallacy.

The elimination of the Minorities Division of the Republican National Committee.

So, Seawytch, is claiming that in the mid 60s, in an attempt to pander to southern wacist, President Nixon, eliminated an internal republican party sub-committee....

That is you leading piece of evidence to support the Southern Strategy?

IMO, that is not the type of thing that would get a wacist, to switch his vote from one party to the other. Indeed, I can't believe that the vast majority of southern voters ever heard of that sub-committee or that it was eliminated.

And btw, just for historical context, years AFTER the shocking disbanding of that important committee, this happened.

View attachment 513009

So, even though that GOP sub committee might have been really, really important, it didn't seem to really cement the South as republican, the way that conspiracy theorists claim.

Do you want to argue that Jimmy Carter was a wacist hold over, from the bad old days and the southern voters knew it, while the northern dem voters didn't?
:lol: what did I tell you..."nuh uh".

The switch of the white southerner from the Democratic party to the Republican party was not instantaneous, which is why Carter was still able to win the south. Carter looked like them, talked like them and was Baptist like them. Nixon played a part in Carter's win as well. His opponent had pardoned Tricky Dick and folks were still pissed at what Nixon had done.

He lost reelection in no small part because those white southerners realized he wasn't like them. (And Reagan told them about scary black people on welfare driving Cadillacs).

So, Carter won despite being strong on civil rights just because he was a southern (and nixon)?

I agree.

But, that really undermines the idea that RACE is the defining issue of southern politics. At least past the mid 60s.

Carter lost, because his weak ass foreign policy was inviting everyone to walk all over US. Hell, he knew it. He was completely changing course, running guns to Afghanistan and building up the military.

Race played no significant role. Because it was moot. BOTH sides were committed to civil rights for blacks and the wacists voters knew it.
You base your entire argument on one man Carter?

Give up

Dude. It's one limited example, of one election that shows the claims of the Southern Strategy are just not true.

You can actually do the same thing with EVERY Presidential election.

In EVERY Presidential Election since the early 60s, BOTH candidates supported civil rights for blacks and in both partiers the white members of their party, north and south, still voted for them, despite that.

My point stands.

My point stands.

Beyond that, my point stands. THe decades of no discussion on the issue, even during the 70s and 80s and 90s, and 00s, when such discussions would have been completely safe to have
There are entire libraries of books and academic concentrations on the subject. Not only has there been discussion , it has never stopped.
Your ignorance, while not surprising, in no way changes that. Whites have always been behind in the understanding of race. Largely by design and by privilege that does not prioritize or even recognize a necessity to study such things.

Bullshit. NO one was talking about it, because no one cared.

My point stands.

My point stands.

I remember.
remember.

I remember being an American who was paying attention to the public discourse.

NO ONE was talking about statues in teh park. NO ONE.

Different "perspectives" did not prevent me from hearing different voices. THere were plenty of voices different than mine. THey were saying all kinds of shit.

NO ONE was talking about the statues in the park, because no one cared.

Some southerns like to celebrate their history, and that had been accepted as fine by our ancestors and it was what we all, always knew, so it was not remarkable to ANYONE.

Until recently, when libtards got really desperate to find something to pretend to be upset about.

My point stands.

My point stands.

I remember.
remember.

I never said it was. My points have always been in relation to the actions of "LEFTARDS" who can be of any race, but mostly white.

Its not a conspiracy. They freely admit it.

Big fucking lie, asshole

We do now.

Big fucking lie, asshole

We do now.

Lies are not evidence. That you lie a lot, is just evidence that you are a liar.

IN the real world, Nixon supported the bi-partisan consensus on civil rights, just like Johnson before him and Ford After him.

So, to support your idea of Nixon supposedly pandering to southern wacists, you cite secret recordings that only came out today, 50 years later?

Nixon supported the bi-partisan consensus on civil rights, just like Johnson before him and Ford after him.
No, that isn’t what I said. I simply said we now know that he absolutely was a racist. Even if they were prognosticating back then, they were right.

The Southern Strategy is based on the idea that Nixon publicly pandered to southern wacists, so that they would have a reason to vote for him and the gop.

Secret recordings that didn't come out till decades after Nixon and hte majority of the voters were dead, would not be a reason for any voters to do anything.

The reality is that Nixon shared the bi-partisan consensus in favor of civil rights for blacks that both parties supported during the time of his presidency.

His policies proved that. And by proved, I mean, actually proved it, by putting his money where his mouth was, by actual policy, implemented and enforced.

You want to ignore that and focus on secret recordings that were not even public at the time as though.... what? NOTHING.
I provided you plenty. Just because you ignored it doesn’t mean I didn’t provide it.

Secret recordings that were not released until decades after Nixon was dead, and even more decades after his elections, do not support the southern strategy conspiracy theory.

To support the theory's claims, you have to show that he pandered for wacist votes, successfully. Some major policies, that helped keep the South segregated or gave special rights to whites over blacks.

That you think a secret recording that no one knew about would convince voters, who never heard it, to vote for Nixon, makes no sense.
I never said the secret recordings that proved what everyone thought about Nixon's racism had anything to do with the Southern Strategy. They are two separate things that, although both deal with Nixon's racism, are unrelated.

The strongest evidence of the Southern strategy comes directly from Republicans at the time.
That includes Clarence Townes, who served as director of the Minorities Division of the Republican National Committee in the 1960s. Harvard professor Leah Wright Rigueur wrote about Townes in her book "The Loneliness of the Black Republican."
When Nixon disbanded the division, Townes told reporters in 1970, "There’s a total fear of what’s called the Southern strategy. Blacks understand that their wellbeing is being sacrificed to political gain. There has to be some moral leadership from the president on the race question, and there just hasn’t been any."...

Nice gish galloping. I will deal with your lead piece, show that it is weak and we can dismiss the rest as ever weaker.

So, the Southern Strategy puts forth the claim that REpublican candidates, after the dems joined the growing national consensus on civil rights for blacks, that the republican candidates somehow "pandered" to the seething pit of wacists that was the South, to flip the region, a dozen states, forever.

Generally liberals used to claim that they pushed racist policies to get southern votes, but that is easily debunked by looking at the policies. Liberals still push that narrative, in settings where no one can question them, but more experienced lefties, when open to questions have dropped the claim of policies.

Which leaves the next line of defense, ie secret code words. This one... is really pathetic. I give seawytch credit for not even trying that one.

She has tried the third line of defense, ie citing other people that say the same thing. Which.... just wow. lol.

NOw, lets look at the leading piece of "Evidence" in her use of the Gish Gallop Fallacy.

The elimination of the Minorities Division of the Republican National Committee.

So, Seawytch, is claiming that in the mid 60s, in an attempt to pander to southern wacist, President Nixon, eliminated an internal republican party sub-committee....

IMO, that is not the type of thing that would get a wacist, to switch his vote from one party to the other. Indeed, I can't believe that the vast majority of southern voters ever heard of that sub-committee or that it was eliminated.

And btw, just for historical context, years AFTER the shocking disbanding of that important committee, this happened.

View attachment 513009

So, even though that GOP sub committee might have been really, really important, it didn't seem to really cement the South as republican, the way that conspiracy theorists claim.

Do you want to argue that Jimmy Carter was a wacist hold over, from the bad old days and the southern voters knew it, while the northern dem voters didn't?

The switch of the white southerner from the Democratic party to the Republican party was not instantaneous, which is why Carter was still able to win the south. Carter looked like them, talked like them and was Baptist like them. Nixon played a part in Carter's win as well. His opponent had pardoned Tricky Dick and folks were still pissed at what Nixon had done.

He lost reelection in no small part because those white southerners realized he wasn't like them. (And Reagan told them about scary black people on welfare driving Cadillacs).

So, Carter won despite being strong on civil rights just because he was a southern (and nixon)?

I agree.

But, that really undermines the idea that RACE is the defining issue of southern politics. At least past the mid 60s.

Carter lost, because his weak ass foreign policy was inviting everyone to walk all over US. Hell, he knew it. He was completely changing course, running guns to Afghanistan and building up the military.

Race played no significant role. Because it was moot. BOTH sides were committed to civil rights for blacks and the wacists voters knew it.
Carter’s win has been explained and doesn’t disprove the very real, admitted to by Republicans, Southern strategy.

The party switch from Democrat to Republican for white Southerners was not instantaneous. It took years but it is now complete and race played a significant role.

Yes, Carter's win has been explained, and the explanation greatly undermines the premise of the Southern Strategy conspiracy theory of Wace as the primary driver of voting patterns in the South.

The supposed wacism of the southern voters, was easily overwhelmed by issues, like, Carter being a southern.

Big fucking lie, asshole

We do now.

Big fucking lie, asshole

We do now.

View attachment 513009

I agree.

Carter’s win has been explained and doesn’t disprove the very real, admitted to by Republicans, Southern strategy.

The party switch from Democrat to Republican for white Southerners was not instantaneous. It took years but it is now complete and race played a significant role.
I didn't live her even back when Reagan ran on the southern strategy in 1980, but I don't have any doubt that the gop ran on an anti-civil rights message. I don't see racism in how politics is waged in Mississippi .. outside some bad people on both sides. The gop state controlled govt takes pains to be even handed

That's her whole schtick. You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist!

That's what you do when you have nothing
Triggered huh?

Awwwww, and little Lush is crying again. Let it out, dear, let it out ...
That's your idea of crying?

Pointing out the fact that you're going nuts?

OMG, and Lush loses it! Dude, stop throwing things and calm down, you're going to pop a vessel. Maybe you should go out in the back yard and play a while and try to calm down. Shit guy, it's just a message board, get a grip.

Fucking moron
Classic Trumpian projection.
Nixon preyed upon the fear of Northern Whites about riots. Ever since 1964 the gop in the South has been against racial gerrymandering for minority maj districts, that doesn't happen in the north btw. To me it seems sort of tragic that we divided people with similar economic interests by race. But, the irony here is that the people in charlottesville have voted and had their say, yet the "defenders" of statutes to the lost cause are literally in hysterics.

There's one of those statutes outside Miss's capital. A rebel soldier standing guard atop a four sided base. On one side its "for our daughters." another, "for our mothers." another "for our wives." I can't ever remember the fourth because imo is should be "for our high yeller mistresses"

Jeez, "fear of riots" where people died by the dozens and thousands were injuried?

That is what you call, a valid political issue. Fear of random death, is called being sane.

Forum List

Back