Cheating on a loved one?

Partners should be faithful if.........

• They are sleeping with one another

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • They are dating

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • They are in love

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • They have asked are you seeing me only?

• They are married

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • It's okay to see another person if they ain't getting it at home

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My husband turned into a jerk I'm entitled to cheat

• My wife turned into a bitch I'm entitled to cheat

• It should not matter

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It's none of your business

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I heard something today about a couple we know. It got me to thinking about adultery and what some posters have said here at USMB and situations and people I have known over the years.

It is a sad situation when one you love is seeing someone other than you or you even think they are. It is also sad when a relationship has come to the point where one feels they must get their affections from someone other than the one they have made commitments to.

How much of a commitment is required betwen two people that both should remain faithful?

Your answers are private as it is a closed poll.

Multiple choice poll.

Last edited:
I still don't understand how one can cheat, then look in their partners eyes like everything is ok.

I still don't understand how one can cheat, then look in their partners eyes like everything is ok.

I don't think it is just a matter of it being okay but love can overcome anything. I think it is really easy for everyone to get a me, me it's all about me type thing going.

Don't you think that's really a decision each couple has to make every day?

If you are having sex with someone, they deserve to know about everyone else that you are sleeping with. That is their life and their future on the line, and if they expect you to be monogamous you should either respect their wishes or part ways.

If you are married, this is not only a moral obligation but should be a legal obligation as well. (And no, I don't care if Gunny calls me a retard again for saying it.)

its no one elses business but the couples. many people have all different types of arrangements that might be a wee bit off to everyone esle. i voted none of your business

Attempting to put rules of affairs of the heart is an exercise in futility.

We all do it of course, and then are surprised when it doesn't work out.

Bit it's so fun to think that logic can always rule over emotions and biology. :lol:

Bit it's so fun to think that logic can always rule over emotions and biology. :lol:

Logic is a tool, not a motive.

Biology and emotions are that which motivate us to USE logic.

Nobody but whores fall in love or lust because of logic.

So you are admitting flesh beings are just going by animal instincts when they start sleeping around?

So you are admitting flesh beings are just going by animal instincts when they start sleeping around?

along with emotional needs----------as is sleeping with a declared mate.

Cheating on a loved one... unacceptable under any circumstances.

I know it happens and sometimes it happens to good people, but that doesn't make it right.

Immie

IMO. Those emotional needs seem to be what rules more than the animal instinct in a lot of cases where people can't control or don't control their desires.

IMO. Those emotional needs seem to be what rules more than the animal instinct in a lot of cases where people can't control or don't control their desires.

That's probably quite true for women who sleep with someone other than their mates.

That's probably quite true for women who sleep with someone other than their mates.
You don't think it is the same for men? Why?

Men and women are hard wired differently. Like it or not, men are built to spread their seed.

Here's the number one reason good people cheat, folks

LUST doesn't last, but LOVE does, often growing stronger despite that loss of libido.

So people can truly love another and want to stay with that person for whom they no longer lust.

Biology knows nothing about morality. Hence we often find our heads at war with our hearts.

Come on now, I'd not telling any of us who are adults anything we don't already know, am I?

The PA Deutch have a phrase which comes to mind:

Kissing wears out...cookin' don't.

Here's the number one reason good people cheat, folks

LUST doesn't last, but LOVE does, often growing stronger despite that loss of libido.

So people can truly love another and want to stay with that person for whom they no longer lust.

Biology knows nothing about morality. Hence we often find our heads at war with our hearts.

Come on now, I'd not telling any of us who are adults anything we don't already know, am I?

The PA Deutch have a phrase which comes to mind:

Kissing wears out...cookin' don't.

Isn't it possible to lust after more than one woman ? Isn't it possible to continue to continue to feel lust towards a mate ?

Forum List

Back