Chechnya and the Czech Republic Are Not the Same!

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
I understand that it is often difficult for students to know what teachers do not, but for many of those with US public educations on these boards, please note the the Czech Republic and Chechnya are very different countries with decidedly different peoples.

As I live in the Czech Republic, I feel compelled to bring this to the attention of so many Americans who, alas, are not particularly well-versed in geography. The Czech Republic has been trending on the Internet and not a lot has been happening here except the weather showing significant improvement in the last week.

Thank You.

Czech Republic Ambassador: Don?t Confuse Us With Chechnya - ABC News

I understand that it is often difficult for students to know what teachers do not, but for many of those with US public educations on these boards, please note the the Czech Republic and Chechnya are very different countries with decidedly different peoples.

As I live in the Czech Republic, I feel compelled to bring this to the attention of so many Americans who, alas, are not particularly well-versed in geography. The Czech Republic has been trending on the Internet and not a lot has been happening here except the weather showing significant improvement in the last week.

Thank You.

Czech Republic Ambassador: Don?t Confuse Us With Chechnya - ABC News

Honestly, I'm more concerned about Georigians. Went to Atlanta and it was just crawling with them! :eek:

People actually think they're the same???? Lol!
I got to visit Prague in 2010 when i went to Germany to visit my son and family for a couple weeks. Awesome city!!! Except we found out you don't drive an F150 pickup there and expect to find a parking place for that truck! Lol! But got to see a lot of the city and i loved it!!!

My family is originally Belgian and I can remember some saying, "it must be nice to have escaped a Communist country". They apparently didn't know the difference between Belgium and Bulgaria! :lol:

Forum List

Back