Cheering Klinghoffer's Murder?

I think that you are wrong in your preliminary synopses of what this opera was about.

It was a just a piece about what had happened and instead of ever having gone to see it, you jumped right onto the "it sucks" bandwagon like so many other fans of right-wing radio garbage.

Seriously - you have not even seen a single performance, so you CANNOT POSSIBLY EVEN PRETEND to understand why you hate it.

One rabbi and opera fan saw “The Death of Klinghoffer” in 2003 and has tickets to see it again in November. He found the opera provocative, but only in the way that art should be provocative.

“The opera should remind a new generation, or a generation that has become unaware, of the events of 1985 and the Achille Lauro and the Palestinian Liberation Front,” says Rabbi Gary Bretton-Granatoor, who works as vice president for philanthropy at the World Union for Progressive Judaism. “Here was a wanton murder of a helpless human being. Trying to portray both sides and show they’re not monsters, but human beings who did foul, awful things to advance their cause, shows that it was a horrific event. If by producing this those questions are raised again, is that a bad thing? Discussions need to be had.”

He says that he’s eager to see it again. “I want to be provoked again, and see what my reactions are now, 11 years after I saw it last time.”

*Advertisement

I made no comment about the artistic quality.

Mine was based on the political aspect.

You are so dense that light must bend around you.

What specifically? You never saw it - how do you know that it was offensive?

If you had seen the opera and had pointed out specifics, I could see your point.

As it stands, you only made this thread, because this story was already floating around and you decided to cash in.

It's like when a former member wrote a piece on the Movie "Noah." He had never seen it and was only being a good soldier and hating on it because those where his marching orders.

I did not like it for a different reason - the movie really sucked.

I can live with an honest opinion. I can't understand that you made a thread with no actual knowledge of the subject matter, only to further your right-wing agenda.

You are simply too stupid to continue this with.

I made no comment about the artistic quality.

Mine was based on the political aspect.

You are so dense that light must bend around you.

What specifically? You never saw it - how do you know that it was offensive?

If you had seen the opera and had pointed out specifics, I could see your point.

As it stands, you only made this thread, because this story was already floating around and you decided to cash in.

It's like when a former member wrote a piece on the Movie "Noah." He had never seen it and was only being a good soldier and hating on it because those where his marching orders.

I did not like it for a different reason - the movie really sucked.

I can live with an honest opinion. I can't understand that you made a thread with no actual knowledge of the subject matter, only to further your right-wing agenda.

You are simply too stupid to continue this with.

Right. :lol:

Bye then!

Forum List

Back