Cheers!

Happy 5th of July, everyone!

The place was looking a bit empty the past few hours, so I drank all the rum. It was sitting out there on the shelf behind the bar all day and i was afraid it would spoil.

I hear spoiled rum tastes like chicken if it's cooked right.

DS, good to see you!!!

My poor daughter just can't stay awake for fireworks. She feel asleep last year and this year. The problem is our city starts them at 10 pm instead of dusk. By the time we walk back to the car and get home it's nearly 11. She just can't do it yet. Still fun though.

My poor daughter just can't stay awake for fireworks. She feel asleep last year and this year. The problem is our city starts them at 10 pm instead of dusk. By the time we walk back to the car and get home it's nearly 11. She just can't do it yet. Still fun though.

I don't know why they start them so late. I thought I was going to have a quiet night last night. Almost no fireworks went off in my neighborhood until around 11:00PM and it kept going until about 1:30AM. I think folks are confusing the 4th of July with New Years.

Don't worry, soon enough, she will be able to and then you won't be able to stop her!

:lol:

Awww, poor baby.....she misses the best part of the 4th....:( Maybe next year.....our poor cats were all under different beds as soon as the fireworks started....we had a neat display at our house...my husband and several of our guests bought some and we had fun watching them. It was another great 4th!

Tell me about the neighborhood fireworks. I swear they started in the middle of the afternoon and went until about 2 a.m. People were shooting off some seriously illegal ones too but the cops never do anything because it's pointless-there are so many.

My neighborhood is seriously fireworks happy. Luckily our current dogs aren't too bad about it. Our last dogs-one of them needed tranquilizers on the 4th. Seriously, he was terrified of any firework noise.

Awww, poor baby.....she misses the best part of the 4th....:( Maybe next year.....our poor cats were all under different beds as soon as the fireworks started....we had a neat display at our house...my husband and several of our guests bought some and we had fun watching them. It was another great 4th!

She had a blast anyway because we went to a pool party and she spent most of the time playing in the pool. She's so excited about fireworks too but she not quite 5 and she is one that is always asleep before 9 pm. She still got me up at her same time this morning.-7:30 a.m. when I didn't get to bed until around 1 a.m. and it was my turn to get up with her.

So I'll need a nap later, LOL.

Tell me about the neighborhood fireworks. I swear they started in the middle of the afternoon and went until about 2 a.m. People were shooting off some seriously illegal ones too but the cops never do anything because it's pointless-there are so many.

My neighborhood is seriously fireworks happy. Luckily our current dogs aren't too bad about it. Our last dogs-one of them needed tranquilizers on the 4th. Seriously, he was terrified of any firework noise.

We live out in the country and popping fireworks in our area is not illegal....that's why our friends like to come over on the 4th and New Year's....and some of our neighbors, I swear it's like a competition to see who has the most and the neatest ones.

I think the fireworks ran later this year because of the moon being so bright and high in the sky.

Oh, dang, the rum's all gone. Hmm... I haven't had a big ol' glass of red wine in a while...

Ok, [MENTION=34688]Grandma[/MENTION]:

redwine.jpg

She had a blast anyway because we went to a pool party and she spent most of the time playing in the pool. She's so excited about fireworks too but she not quite 5 and she is one that is always asleep before 9 pm. She still got me up at her same time this morning.-7:30 a.m. when I didn't get to bed until around 1 a.m. and it was my turn to get up with her.

So I'll need a nap later, LOL.

We had a pool party, too...played some "Pool Volleyball" - dang, the men always win, I think they cheat....plus most of us women have to use the noodles to float when we're on the deeper side, and it's not easy balancing....anyway, it was hot so the pool felt great.

Then, when it got dark we started the fireworks.....had some real dandy ones. My husband bought one that popped and popped and we thought it was never going to end....he said he paid $10, but next year he is going to get the $20 one.....I guess that one will go on forever...:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back