Cheers!

Hope you feel better soon Gracie.

I'm ill. I have a 3 day convention to attend for work starting today and I have fever, chills, cough, congestion-the whole works-started today, perfect timing.

My daughter just got over this last week. Nasty cold.

Early bedtime because I have to attend this. I have no choice. Today was hell. Tomorrow will be even longer. Friday only half a day thank goodness.

Good night.

You might need to cancel the convention and stay home and get pampered till you feel better.

Hope you feel better soon, Wolfsister. I laid down just for a minute I told myself, soon after that post.

I just now woke up. :(

Last edited:
Men who drink to much of this.
th

Think they have a chance with this.
th

Hope you feel better soon Gracie.

I'm ill. I have a 3 day convention to attend for work starting today and I have fever, chills, cough, congestion-the whole works-started today, perfect timing.

My daughter just got over this last week. Nasty cold.

Early bedtime because I have to attend this. I have no choice. Today was hell. Tomorrow will be even longer. Friday only half a day thank goodness.

Good night.

Will say a prayer for you....Wolfsister...that your convention will go well, that your illness will be short and you'll soon be in the best of health....:)

158233.gif

I'm back from choir....had to watch Survivor (taped tonight's show) and now I'm ready to do a little dancing and a little drinking....who's tending the bar?

Just a heads up....I made a trivia thingy for usmb:

USMB - Daily Trivia Game

Easier questions than the one already going. Don't know if we need two trivia games, but...what the heck. Just pick whichever one floats your boat I guess. ;)

Made it through my second day of convention stuff. Long day and doesn't help that I'm getting a cold. I'll lay low tonight and go to bed early. Only a half day tomorrow.

The only thing I'll be drinking is Nyquil. :lol:

I'm willing to do anything to get rid of this junk. And my husband and daughter are sick with it too. Fun times. But Nyquil's got plenty of alcohol in it so cheers, LOL.

images

[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

Some suggestions. I've written this to a lot of acquaintances in the last years.

Kill the Nyquil - it only encourages the infection to grow if your nose is stopped up.

If the nose is stopped up: nose spray before sleeping, this is critical, otherwise, you breath through your mouth throughout the sleep cycle and the mouth has no cilia in it like the nose to catch dust and diseases trying to get it.

Inhalation of steam helps to keep the lungs from junking up, it relaxes the muscles in the entire throat area, helps to thin the mucous again. 3-4 times a day, 10 minutes at a crack.

Sleep with the head ever so slightly elevated.

Air out the bedroom before you go to sleep.

If muscle stiffness is part of the ailment, some aspirin or ibu is ok.

Check with your pharmacist to see if you can get a solution called "Umckaloabo" - it comes from Africa and is made from the pelargonium root - works like an antibiotic, is however, not one. Will shorten every upper bronchial infection. 50 drops, right on the tongue. 3 times a day. Second day: 35 drops, 3 X per day. Third day: 25 drops, 3 X per day.

And Gracie is right: green tea (no more than 4 minutes of steep time), lots of it, will help you to pee out the infection. It really does help.

Good luck to you and your family. Thinking of you.

Stat

Forum List

Back