Cheers!

I'm willing to do anything to get rid of this junk. And my husband and daughter are sick with it too. Fun times. But Nyquil's got plenty of alcohol in it so cheers, LOL.

images

[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

Some suggestions. I've written this to a lot of acquaintances in the last years.

Kill the Nyquil - it only encourages the infection to grow if your nose is stopped up.

If the nose is stopped up: nose spray before sleeping, this is critical, otherwise, you breath through your mouth throughout the sleep cycle and the mouth has no cilia in it like the nose to catch dust and diseases trying to get it.

Inhalation of steam helps to keep the lungs from junking up, it relaxes the muscles in the entire throat area, helps to thin the mucous again. 3-4 times a day, 10 minutes at a crack.

Sleep with the head ever so slightly elevated.

Air out the bedroom before you go to sleep.

If muscle stiffness is part of the ailment, some aspirin or ibu is ok.

Check with your pharmacist to see if you can get a solution called "Umckaloabo" - it comes from Africa and is made from the pelargonium root - works like an antibiotic, is however, not one. Will shorten every upper bronchial infection. 50 drops, right on the tongue. 3 times a day. Second day: 35 drops, 3 X per day. Third day: 25 drops, 3 X per day.

And Gracie is right: green tea (no more than 4 minutes of steep time), lots of it, will help you to pee out the infection. It really does help.

Good luck to you and your family. Thinking of you.

Stat

Thanks for reposting that Stat....I copied it and am going to print it for the next time.

I'm willing to do anything to get rid of this junk. And my husband and daughter are sick with it too. Fun times. But Nyquil's got plenty of alcohol in it so cheers, LOL.

images

[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

Some suggestions. I've written this to a lot of acquaintances in the last years.

Kill the Nyquil - it only encourages the infection to grow if your nose is stopped up.

If the nose is stopped up: nose spray before sleeping, this is critical, otherwise, you breath through your mouth throughout the sleep cycle and the mouth has no cilia in it like the nose to catch dust and diseases trying to get it.

Inhalation of steam helps to keep the lungs from junking up, it relaxes the muscles in the entire throat area, helps to thin the mucous again. 3-4 times a day, 10 minutes at a crack.

Sleep with the head ever so slightly elevated.

Air out the bedroom before you go to sleep.

If muscle stiffness is part of the ailment, some aspirin or ibu is ok.

Check with your pharmacist to see if you can get a solution called "Umckaloabo" - it comes from Africa and is made from the pelargonium root - works like an antibiotic, is however, not one. Will shorten every upper bronchial infection. 50 drops, right on the tongue. 3 times a day. Second day: 35 drops, 3 X per day. Third day: 25 drops, 3 X per day.

And Gracie is right: green tea (no more than 4 minutes of steep time), lots of it, will help you to pee out the infection. It really does help.

Good luck to you and your family. Thinking of you.

Stat

Thanks Stat, I totally hear you about the nose spray, I could not breathe through my nose last night and that was the only thing that helped and some Vicks.

You and Gracie gave good advise. I'll print this. Much appreciated.

Breath Right nose strips. They DO help. A lot! Use the clear ones though. The flesh toned ones will pull the skin off your nose when you remove it.

For me it's a medium-large known fact... but Mr. Lincoln was wrong. All Men are NOT created equal. :wink_2:

All men are created equal......some people don't treat them equally, though.

That's not what I meant. Of course all Men (and Women) are created equal in the eyes of the law and the community interest. At least in theory...

All men may be equal in society, but male Monkeys, (like female Monkeys) come in LOTS of shapes and sizes.
Variety Rocks! :rock:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3rQH-sfgCU]Johnny Horton- Hooray For That Little Difference - YouTube[/ame]

:party:

For me it's a medium-large known fact... but Mr. Lincoln was wrong. All Men are NOT created equal. :wink_2:

All men are created equal......some people don't treat them equally, though.

That's not what I meant. Of course all Men (and Women) are created equal in the eyes of the law and the community interest. At least in theory...

All men may be equal in society, but male Monkeys, (like female Monkeys) come in LOTS of shapes and sizes.
Variety Rocks! :rock:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3rQH-sfgCU]Johnny Horton- Hooray For That Little Difference - YouTube[/ame]

I get what you are saying....everybody looks different, but yeah, as far as being human beings, we're all made of the same stuff.

158233.gif

I'm back from choir....had to watch Survivor (taped tonight's show) and now I'm ready to do a little dancing and a little drinking....who's tending the bar?

5-Drink-recipes-with-strawberries-to-kick-off-spring-fresita-rita.jpg

Which players do you like on survivor?

That looks delicious.....make me one...:lol:

On Survivor.....
I was rooting for Spenser, but he's not a very good player....I really don't like the guy who will probably win, but he's pretty much got it sewed up with his immunity idols and alliance that is supporting him. He did make a move against his alliance this week that might change some of them, but most of the time they're too dumb to see the forest for the trees and will probably continue to back him....I would like for Tasha to win, but, not sure she'll be able to beat Tony to the end.

for me it's a medium-large known fact... But mr. Lincoln was wrong. All men are not created equal. :wink_2:

all men are created equal......some people don't treat them equally, though.

that's not what i meant. Of course all men (and women) are created equal in the eyes of the law and the community interest. At least in theory...

All men may be equal in society, but male monkeys, (like female monkeys) come in lots of shapes and sizes.
variety rocks! :rock:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3rqh-sfgcu]johnny horton- hooray for that little difference - youtube[/ame]

i. D. I. C.

:)

I'm back from choir....had to watch Survivor (taped tonight's show) and now I'm ready to do a little dancing and a little drinking....who's tending the bar?

Which players do you like on survivor?

That looks delicious.....make me one...:lol:

On Survivor.....
I was rooting for Spenser, but he's not a very good player....I really don't like the guy who will probably win, but he's pretty much got it sewed up with his immunity idols and alliance that is supporting him. He did make a move against his alliance this week that might change some of them, but most of the time they're too dumb to see the forest for the trees and will probably continue to back him....I would like for Tasha to win, but, not sure she'll be able to beat Tony to the end.

I like Tasha :)

Forum List

Back