Cheney Calls for full Release of Memos

The information was already public record. You right wingers seem to be really hard on Obama. Is it because he's black? Can't help but wonder.

PS. Are you worried that we are less safe or Cheney/Bush are less safe? I hope they go to jail.

Less safe. :lol:

Do you think it is still 2004? Is anyone buying this douche bags bullshit?

CIA documents were declassified by The Prophet and were top secret prior to that. The rest of your post is pure bs.

In his first visit as president to CIA headquarters in Langley, Va., President Obama defended the release of the Bush administration’s torture memos and told agency employees that they have a tougher job, and so does he, because they hold themselves to a higher standard in the fight against an unscrupulous enemy.

“What makes the United States special and what makes you special is precisely the fact that we are willing to uphold our values and our ideals even when it's hard, not just when it's easy; even when we are afraid and under threat, not just when it's expedient to do so. That's what makes us different,” Obama said. “So yes, you've got a harder job and so do I.”

Obama said that he put an end to the interrogation techniques outlined in the memos because, “I believe our nation is stronger and more secure when we deploy the full measure of both our power and the power of our values, including the rule of law.”

Let that ideological douche(Obama) talk about values after he has to stand in front of families that had loved ones who were vaporized by a 747 crashing into their building. Obama proves once again he is completely clueless and he will pay a political price for this BS.

but it is not morally wrong to shoot and kill someone to save a life, is that right?

Nice try at a deflection.

Torture doesn't work.

Ask John McCain.

it is not a deflection moron....answre the question

but it is not morally wrong to shoot and kill someone to save a life, is that right?

Sure.

Torturing prisoners is not the same thing.

Torture does not work.

Nice try at a deflection.

Torture doesn't work.

Ask John McCain.

Sure.

Torture does not work.

so you believe it is ok to kill someone to save a life, but not hurt them....

and torture does work, it has been proven, mccain broke and the reports detailed successes from torture. doesn't mean it is right, just how do you value life....

seems strange that you don't mind killing the person, but you won't hurt them a bit and let them live in order to save a life

I wouldn't have put it that way - he isn't spineless, but careful, forethinking. He likes to have a plan.
He knows this will disturb his plans, will suck the air out of to the rest of his agenda, divert too much time and attention.
Maybe that's some Republicans' intent - force this issue front and center, sacrifice Bush, Cheney as they only way to slow or stop Obama's agenda.
At least for a while.

We shall see.
Maybe it would be easiest to have certain people 'renderred' to face trial in Spain.

Here's the honest truth of it, the obamalama didn't want to persue this, but being the spineless critter he is he caved to pressure from the left wing lunatics. now pandora's box is open.. let's proceed with full discloure,,why don't the chickenshits release all the information??

They will only release what suits the far left's purpose. Even though the current Director of Intelligence stated the interrogations were useful in adverting terror attacks.

CIA documents were declassified by The Prophet and were top secret prior to that. The rest of your post is pure bs.

In his first visit as president to CIA headquarters in Langley, Va., President Obama defended the release of the Bush administration’s torture memos and told agency employees that they have a tougher job, and so does he, because they hold themselves to a higher standard in the fight against an unscrupulous enemy.

“What makes the United States special and what makes you special is precisely the fact that we are willing to uphold our values and our ideals even when it's hard, not just when it's easy; even when we are afraid and under threat, not just when it's expedient to do so. That's what makes us different,” Obama said. “So yes, you've got a harder job and so do I.”

Obama said that he put an end to the interrogation techniques outlined in the memos because, “I believe our nation is stronger and more secure when we deploy the full measure of both our power and the power of our values, including the rule of law.”

Let that ideological douche(Obama) talk about values after he has to stand in front of families that had loved ones who were vaporized by a 747 crashing into their building. Obama proves once again he is completely clueless and he will pay a political price for this BS.
If you are talking about 9/11, there were no 747s.
And no 747s will be hijacked, now. Security is too tight.

Sure.

Torture does not work.

and torture does work, it has been proven, mccain broke and the reports detailed successes from torture. doesn't mean it is right, just how do you value life....

seems strange that you don't mind killing the person, but you won't hurt them a bit and let them live in order to save a life

Torturing prisoners does not save a life. Torturing prisoners does not work and is morally wrong.

Sure.

Torture does not work.

Torturing prisoners does not save a life. Torturing prisoners does not work and is morally wrong.

that is absolutely not true...torturing has saved lives...you keep saying it doesn't does not make it true.

funny how you would kill a person to save a life, but won't him and let him live to save a life....

Amid the chaos, four other Air Force criminal investigators and I joined an elite team of interrogators attempting to locate Zarqawi. What I soon discovered about our methods astonished me. The Army was still conducting interrogations according to the Guantanamo Bay model: Interrogators were nominally using the methods outlined in the U.S. Army Field Manual, the interrogators' bible, but they were pushing in every way possible to bend the rules -- and often break them. I don't have to belabor the point; dozens of newspaper articles and books have been written about the misconduct that resulted. These interrogations were based on fear and control; they often resulted in torture and abuse.

I refused to participate in such practices, and a month later, I extended that prohibition to the team of interrogators I was assigned to lead. I taught the members of my unit a new methodology -- one based on building rapport with suspects, showing cultural understanding and using good old-fashioned brainpower to tease out information. I personally conducted more than 300 interrogations, and I supervised more than 1,000. The methods my team used are not classified (they're listed in the unclassified Field Manual), but the way we used them was, I like to think, unique. We got to know our enemies, we learned to negotiate with them, and we adapted criminal investigative techniques to our work (something that the Field Manual permits, under the concept of "ruses and trickery"). It worked. Our efforts started a chain of successes that ultimately led to Zarqawi.

I'm Still Tortured by What I Saw in Iraq - washingtonpost.com

Holder was on the news this morning flapping his jaws about “following the law” regarding this matter. If he pursues it, I hope the defense will get “to the bottom of this” as Clinton stated in the article that started this thread. If I were the defense, topping my witness list would be: George Bush, Dick Cheney, and the 107th and 108th Congresses (as hostiles).

I don't buy the left "follow the law" bullshit story,, not when they are willing to overlook 30 million people who break the law. put up or shut the fuck up.

Selective Morality.

The pillow of the misinformed...

You know what I'd like to see?

Cheney, Bush Jr., Rumsfailed and Condi Rice all thrown in jail at Spandau Prison.

Waterboard the men 6 times a day, and Condi 3 times a day for a month.

THEN let's see if they still think torture was a good idea.

If you believe water boarding is torture and torture is wrong, why do you suggest this be done to Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld and Rice? Or is it ok if you really, really hate the people or think they did something wrong or committed a crime?

Yes, I believe torture is wrong. But.......if they do it to someone else, they should have it done to them.

You've obviously never been in the military, have ya? One of the deals is that before you are allowed to do certain things (practicing certain techniques), you must have it done to you.

Cheney and Bush Jr. did it to them, so therefore they should have it done to them.

Think of it as poetic justice. But......if ya want my true opinion?

Chain 'em all to a steel post and fire at 'em with a Bushmaster artillery weapon. Make the shells explode about 10 ft in front of them, midair.

You believe torture is wrong but are willing to make an exception for Bush and Co . . . . but not for terrorists who have intel?

You believe torture is wrong but it's ok if it's 'poetic justice'?

that is absolutely not true...torturing has saved lives...

I've seen this claim staed a few times, but the only sources for such claims are 1) the DOJ memos which were trying to make a case for why torturing is OK, and 2) Mr. Cheney. Neither source is particularly reliable for this point.

Is there any other source that asserts how lives were saved by the torture that was done?

I've asked this a couple times and not gotten a response.

let's see those reports whatyaafraid of doyathink?? come on pantywaists.. let's see those reports.

I also noticed how the Obama cheerleading networks avoided the confrontaion between a congressman and Clinton. The congressman asked specifically if they were going to release the full report, Clinton made some smart remark, but that congressman knocked her right down to size, something you won't hear on Obama networks, He stated, " I did not ask you your opinion of Dick Cheney, I asked you about the full release of these documents and if this administration does not release those you will have lost all credibility." She was not laughing after the second statement by the congressman.

Anyone, have that full statement I can't find it, but heard it clearly on the radio, it would be nice if you have it to start a thread with it.

Does cutting off the head of someone with a dull knife amount to torture??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Forum List

Back