Chevy Volt Production Put On Five Week Hold

The only people against the Volt are brainwashed dittoheads. I hate lies...period.Corporate welfare my azz. I guess you're just for subsidizing Big Oil by bought off Pub cronies, not future industries competing with the highly subsidized rest of the world. A) Corrupt, and B) STUPID.

You're a deranged Obama-Bot who definitely needs a reboot. I don't hate Electric Cars, i hate Corporate Welfare. So just reboot, and then get back to me.

Can you read, or do you only understand radio? LOL! Everyone expert thinks the Volt is a great new kind of car, but brainwashed dittoheads think only in Rushspeak. Change the channel.

You still haven't rebooted i guess. I don't hate Electric Cars. I hate Corporate Welfare. And you should hate Corporate Welfare too.

Not when you're trying to compete with highly subsidized companies from other countries in industries of the future. And they're tax rebates- thought you liked those...

I HATE CORPORATE welfare when it's bloated,fat cat, established, crony operations...that's where the greedy, myopic, polluting, screw the workers PUBS are...

Only ignorant dittoheads don't like the Volt, Einstein LOL.

So over 99.9999999% are ignorant, including yourself because you don't own something you claim you are in love with.

Congrats- you've turned buying a car into a totally political process...absolutely brainwashed dittohead... I'm driving my '93 Accord into the ground myself...LOL

Change the channel- hoping for your recovery...

First I don't watch FOX News, nor do I listen to Limbaugh, Hannity or Beck. You are the person saying that they have muddied the waters. You are the one claiming the ignorant conservatives are not buying the car. I'm pointing and it seems to pain you so, that liberals aren't buy the car. Why aren't they? Why don't liberals flock to this car? It is everything you people cry about, yet you won't buy one but expect others to do do, you and the liberals are hypocrites. Quit blaming others for you and your liberal buds failure to support your car of choice. Have you upgraded your car to all the 2012 EPA technology or you just have a huge 1993 carbon footprint?

Unless you have the car, you have no ground to tell others that they need to support or drive it.

Chevrolet Volt named 2012 European Car of the Year
The plug-in hybrid has been named 2012 European Car of the Year, along with the versions of it called the Opel and Vauxhall Ampera. A panel of Journalists chose it from a group of 35 cars vying for the title. The Volt previously won the 2011 North American Car of the Year and World Green Car of the Year awards, as well as being being named Motor Trend’s Car of the Year.

The plug-in hybrid has been named 2012 European Car of the Year, along with the versions of it called the Opel and Vauxhall Ampera. A panel of Journalists chose it from a group of 35 cars vying for the title. The Volt previously won the 2011 North American Car of the Year and World Green Car of the Year awards, as well as being being named Motor Trend’s Car of the Year.

So why is it that liberals that claim they believe in the "car of the year" aren't buying the "car of the year", seems more hypocrisy and blaming others for it's failure. If liberals believe in the car then why aren't the buying it? No liberal has answered the question.

Probably win a peace prize next year too.

Not when you're trying to compete with highly subsidized companies from other countries in industries of the future. And they're tax rebates- thought you liked those...

I HATE CORPORATE welfare when it's bloated,fat cat, established, crony operations...that's where the greedy, myopic, polluting, screw the workers PUBS are...

Yes we know, you're a confused OWS/Obama-Bot. You love Corporate Welfare Bailouts. :cuckoo:

I think if I was a company and Obama wanted to speak there I would refuse. How many companies have gone bust after he spoke at that or promoted them...

I thought GM was doing good why are they laying these people off? Why can't they transfer them to other duties?

General Motors Co. announced the temporary suspension of Chevrolet Volt production and the layoffs of 1300 employees, as the company is cutting Volt manufacturing to meet lower-than-expected demand for the electric cars.

GM laying off 1300 due to low Volt sales | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

WHAT? The 10k credit from Obama didnt help? the 400 credit scores didnt help?

AH HA!!

This one has to go down in the annals of European prescience and acuity along with: (1) Barack Obamas nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize as a European "Pay It Forward" gesture much like the theme of todays Progressive Insurance Co ads (2) Neville Chamberlain's "Peace In Our Time" speech after his return from Munich, September, 1938 after visiting Herr Hitler (3) and this little tidbit......

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » No Joke: Chevy Volt Named European Car Of The Year

Supply and demand?

Sure supply and demand but if GM is doing such a good job why can't they transfer those people to other departments until they get the bugs worked out of the volt?

The righties are supposed to be so knowledgeable about, and in favor of capitalism. Why is the concept of laying workers off when the demand drops, so hard for you to understand?

Supply and demand?

Sure supply and demand but if GM is doing such a good job why can't they transfer those people to other departments until they get the bugs worked out of the volt?

The righties are supposed to be so knowledgeable about, and in favor of capitalism. Why is the concept of laying workers off when the demand drops, so hard for you to understand?

The knowledgeable people have been regulated by obama. What happen to the cheers that GM was back? What couldn't GM transfer these people?

Last edited:

The knowledgeable people have been regulated by obama. What happen to the cheers that GM was back? What couldn't GM transfer these people?

The profit numbers speak for themselves. GM IS back. Unfortunately, in our Capitalistic society, people (workers) are often sacrificed to generate and/or maintain such profits. Again, what part of Capitalism do you NOT understand?

Supply and demand?

These guys don't really get laid off. Their contract stipulates that they go home and sit out the plant shut down with full pay. Its not like other jobs where they pick up their pink slip, march down to the unemployment line and eventually receive a check for a fraction of their previous pay. This is cradle to the grave guaranteed income. If the company fails because of the aggregate exorbitance of the Union's wage and benefit demands, the Government comes in and bails out only the Union workers. The stockholders are thrown immediately down the toilet, as has been customary, the bondholders get a severe haircut, which has not been customary according to bankruptcy law as it existed before Obama, but the Union is made whole. They share no part of the sacrifice. Their jobs are still there, their wages are still there, their benefits are still there.
And after the shutdown is over, the workers come back to work. There's no difference financially between their layoff, sitting on the couch at home with their bro's having a few beers, and having a few beers with their bro's during their line breaks on the company supplied employee break area. It doesn't even matter whether there are orders for the products they are making on the line. The finished product gets parceled out to the dealers, if it doesn't sell, the costs will be repeatedly marked down on the company's accounting ledgers, and the accounting losses will eventually be charged against what the company still owes the Government. No big deal. Garbage in, garbage out. Profits are no longer necessary when you have the government on your side. Capitalism ist kaput!

These guys don't really get laid off. Their contract stipulates that they go home and sit out the plant shut down with full pay. Its not like other jobs where they pick up their pink slip, march down to the unemployment line and eventually receive a check for a fraction of their previous pay. This is cradle to the grave guaranteed income. If the company fails because of the aggregate exorbitance of the Union's wage and benefit demands, the Government comes in and bails out only the Union workers. The stockholders are thrown immediately down the toilet, as has been customary, the bondholders get a severe haircut, which has not been customary according to bankruptcy law as it existed before Obama, but the Union is made whole. They share no part of the sacrifice. Their jobs are still there, their wages are still there, their benefits are still there.
And after the shutdown is over, the workers come back to work. There's no difference financially between their layoff, sitting on the couch at home with their bro's having a few beers, and having a few beers with their bro's during their line breaks on the company supplied employee break area. It doesn't even matter whether there are orders for the products they are making on the line. The finished product gets parceled out to the dealers, if it doesn't sell, the costs will be repeatedly marked down on the company's accounting ledgers, and the accounting losses will eventually be charged against what the company still owes the Government. No big deal. Garbage in, garbage out. Profits are no longer necessary when you have the government on your side. Capitalism ist kaput!

So, if there were no layoffs, what was the OP whining about in the first place?

If only Rush had accepted Government Motors as a client.......

I have one GM vehicle left to replace. Probably next month. Then we'll be a complete Ford family.

Forum List

Back