Chicago Fire TV Show Anti-Gun Episode

[...]

That being said: Two nails into a sapling, laying a shotgun shell on them, and setting it off with a .22 can actually top it.

[...]
My brother and I once stuck some .22 shorts into an old crib mattress and exploded them with a Daisy Red Ryder BB-gun. It was fun -- but not worth the ass-kicking we got for it.

Your existence is what I wish were fiction.

I was a Navy firefighter for many years and the other stuff they do is hilarious also, but this purely political posturing and disinformation.

"Del" is fiction...he's one of Doc's socks.
busy.gif

If so, my kudos to Doc for portraying del to a T.

[...]

The rounds blasting homes in walls, floors and glass are a complete fabrication.

If you don't think I have my facts straight, check out the link below:

How Ammunition Reacts in a Fire — SAAMI Video Report « Daily Bulletin
You're absolutely right. This kind of ignorant nonsense is what accounts for the anti-gun hysteria we're putting up with today.

I believe one substantially contributing cause of the presently increasing and troublesome ignorance about guns has been suspension of the draft. When conscription was active there were millions of American civilians who had been drafted, trained, discharged, and were knowledgeable riflemen as well as relatively competent soldiers who could be called up and deployed within a few weeks as opposed to the months it takes to train raw recruits.

[...]

The rounds blasting homes in walls, floors and glass are a complete fabrication.

If you don't think I have my facts straight, check out the link below:

How Ammunition Reacts in a Fire — SAAMI Video Report « Daily Bulletin
You're absolutely right. This kind of ignorant nonsense is what accounts for the anti-gun hysteria we're putting up with today.

I believe one substantially contributing cause of the presently increasing and troublesome ignorance about guns has been suspension of the draft. When conscription was active there were millions of American civilians who had been drafted, trained, discharged, and were knowledgeable riflemen as well as relatively competent soldiers who could be called up and deployed within a few weeks as opposed to the months it takes to train raw recruits.

Why do you people think a draft is such a good idea?

Have you ever worked with someone who had absolutely no motivation for doing a job other that the punishment one might get for NOT doing it?

Sure, there were a relative few who were drafted and then decided to make a career out of the military but those people are about as rare as hen's teeth!

Imagine who you would be drafting today. They would be the fat, potheads, living in Mom's basement occupying their time playing video games, in between visits to their probation officer. Really great soldier and sailor potential you have there!

Is everything on tv that shows a bad guy using a gun supposed to be anti-gun?

Sure, there were a relative few who were drafted and then decided to make a career out of the military but those people are about as rare as hen's teeth!

Imagine who you would be drafting today. They would be the fat, potheads, living in Mom's basement occupying their time playing video games, in between visits to their probation officer. Really great soldier and sailor potential you have there!
If what you've said is an accurate description of young America it strongly implies we are finished as a nation anyway. While it's true the percentage of low-lifes in the population has increased somewhat since the WW-II, Korea, and Vietnam eras, have I been so blind throughout the decades of my dotage that the decay has gotten past me? I can only hope it hasn't.

Back in the fifties it was well-known that a draftee whose character was defective beyond repair was discharged ("booted") with a status equal to a criminal record. 4-F was medical deferment. I don't remember the bad character designation but it was socially toxic and I'm sure that fear of it served to turn a lot of people around. Has American society deteriorated so much that the situation is beyond repair?

There was no gun in the forefront here. It was ammo cooking off in a fire.

Riiight.

You obviously did not read the thread.

I did, I just don't buy the premise. I've seen tv shows and movies with bullets firing off due to a fire. Whether that happens or not in real life is irrelevant. It's called entertainment

Riiight.

I did, I just don't buy the premise. I've seen tv shows and movies with bullets firing off due to a fire. Whether that happens or not in real life is irrelevant. It's called entertainment

The point, which went screaming over your head, was that those rounds cannot likely kill or seriously injure anyone, and you better be sitting on it when it goes off if you get dinged.

Riiight.

The point, which went screaming over your head, was that those rounds cannot likely kill or seriously injure anyone, and you better be sitting on it when it goes off if you get dinged.

Yeah and for entertainment I'm sure the bullets did a lot of damage, it's called drama.

Riiight.

Yeah and for entertainment I'm sure the bullets did a lot of damage, it's called drama.

It's called writing the story with an anti-gun bias! Of course you would never admit that.

It's called writing the story with an anti-gun bias! Of course you would never admit that.

Riiight.

Riiight.

Yes, I am. Thank you!

Leeeeeeeeeeeft!

Riiight.

Yes, I am. Thank you!

Leeeeeeeeeeeft!

Leeft?

If you say so.

Riiight.

thanks for explaining that tv shows aren't real life

i had no idea

Forum List

Back