Chicago suburb awards black reparations

It has begun
The town just north of Chicago and home to NW university

Read the fine print....its to elderly blacks, all 7 of em, who are still alive for being excluded and targeted with white racist policies....so what, they're getting a bonus buck, big deal.

Lol. Weed smokers are responsible for paying it.
The good liberal folks in Evanston figured drug money would be the appropriate way to find money for the blacks. That should make all the white people feel better about it.

It has begun

Breitbart?
:rofl:

more Russian disinformation from the insurgent insane right
How fucking ignorant are you? You do this all the time missy. Breitbart isn't the source.

Local leaders eye marijuana dispensaries as an attractive source of revenue to reverse what they call the ongoing impact of institutional racist and persisting effects of slavery, according to the Chicago Tribune. “The fund will be capped at $10 million, according to city of Evanston staff reports. City estimates project the marijuana tax could generate $500,000 to $750,000 per year,” the newspaper noted.
On Monday evening, the Chicago Tribune reported, Evanston’s city council finally approved the first payments under the program, targeted at black victims of past housing discrimination:

The specific measure approved Monday in an 8-1 vote establishes a $400,000 housing grant program, the first expenditure of that larger fund.

Sadly, there will always be (unofficial) housing discrimination as long as this nation continues to exist.

Even when Caucasians become a small minority, there will be many African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, & Native Americans who will do everything they can to avoid living in neighborhoods with rampant drug dealing, dangerous loose dogs, loud parties, and routine house burglaries.

Ok, but my city has a similar program for all low to moderate income people that is far less stringent than having to have lived in the city prior to 1969 or be a descendant of someone who did. We don't call it "reparations". It is often colloquially referred to as "Slum Loans" though.
Thus making the acceptance of such aid into a pejorative...how white of you~

Stoner Supremacists must be made to pay reparations for their historical oppression of black people!

It has begun

Read the fine print....its to elderly blacks, all 7 of em, who are still alive for being excluded and targeted with white racist policies....so what, they're getting a bonus buck, big deal.
Exactly..the big deal..is that it's a symbol..and an acknowledgment of past wrongs..and a statement of willingness to address said wrongs, on a local level. I like the model because it freezes out the national haters and cuts through the political red tape. I also like that it addresses specific local wrongs done..and, in fact, is not an ill-defined slavery thing.
This the first installment of a ten year/ten million dollar program.

I know that it's effective because when I posted about this on Sunday..the haters stumbled over each-other in their attempts to rage about it~

As long as no federal tax dollars are being used for this so be it. If this is what the cities and or state wants to spend their tax revenue on knock yourself out it’s nice to know Chicago doesn’t have any bigger problems to deal with.

Ok, but my city has a similar program for all low to moderate income people that is far less stringent than having to have lived in the city prior to 1969 or be a descendant of someone who did. We don't call it "reparations". It is often colloquially referred to as "Slum Loans" though.
Thus making the acceptance of such aid into a pejorative...how white of you~

I didn't give it the name. I just know that is what people often call them. I think their proper name is Community Redevelopment and Housing Loans or something like that. They are loans that get forgiven after 5 years if all the work the city says has to be done to the houses is done to the houses within that 5 year period. It is aimed at keeping these marginal properties from spiraling into condemned housing razed at the taxpayer expense.

There is also a downpayment loan program but I don't know all the ins and outs of it because it has never made much sense to me since the first two years rent gets counted as down payment for housing but I am not sure who actually owns these homes to "rent" or "sell" under the program. I am not sure if private owners agree to be in the program or if this involves housing owned through some government proxy foundation or something.

As long as no federal tax dollars are being used for this so be it. If this is what the cities and or state wants to spend their tax revenue on knock yourself out it’s nice to know Chicago doesn’t have any bigger problems to deal with.
Hate to break it to you..this program is in Evanston..not Chicago

Hate to break it to you..this program is in Evanston..not Chicago
Fine my original point still stands no federal dollars and glad they have nothing more serious to worry about.

W were white person in that town should self identify as black just long enough to get a payout.

Sadly, there will always be (unofficial) housing discrimination as long as this nation continues to exist.

Even when Caucasians become a small minority, there will be many African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, & Native Americans who will do everything they can to avoid living in neighborhoods with rampant drug dealing, dangerous loose dogs, loud parties, and routine house burglaries.
And of course, in Beaver land, white ppl don't do drugs, don't own dogs, don't party and clearly don't break laws....all you perfect white fucks do is shoot unarmed black joggers, mass murder on demand, and kill COPS....your perfect utopia of white only bullshit!!

Local leaders eye marijuana dispensaries as an attractive source of revenue to reverse what they call the ongoing impact of institutional racist and persisting effects of slavery, according to the Chicago Tribune. “The fund will be capped at $10 million, according to city of Evanston staff reports. City estimates project the marijuana tax could generate $500,000 to $750,000 per year,” the newspaper noted. Evanston will use recreational marijuana sales tax proceeds to fund local reparations program - Chicago Tribune

Wonder if they will have a sudden fall in sales they tax

Illegal marijuana still has a market, even in states where consumption has been legalized.

It turns out the dealers are selling better, and more affordable product than the state sanctioned sellers.

Forum List

Back