Child arrested for sharing photo of toy gun on social media that he got for his birthday

Little bitch Bo Bo. Lol. Surprised that I don't find his crude and disgusting behavior "charming." :D

Never heard of her. Its not paranoia. Its common sense. Its like yelling fire in a crowed theater. Anyone stupid enough to post pictures of weapons real or play deserves having the po po up their asses.
I think that a trouble with reality is when you think posting a picture of a play gun needs an arrest.
Where did I say it needed an arrest you moron? I said he deserved it for not using common sense and understanding context and time.
Lets see the op is child arrested for posting picture of toy gun. You say he deserved it. It being the arrest. Context and time does not change right and wrong, it does not change the fact hat arrest is lunicy. It is under duress when the right and wrong descisions coun t the most. I do not think many murders are commmited when every one around is happy. People make the decission to be a murderer under duress, but they are still murderers. It is not illegal to post pictures of play guns no arrest should be made time and contxt or not. Also please remember this is a child.
Doesnt change the fact the he deserved to get arrested for not having the brains not to post this online after the school shooting.

Not having common sense is not a crime so no, he did not deserve to be arrested.
You dont have to commit a crime in order to be arrested. The courts determine whether or not you actually committed a crime, not the cops.

Good. He shouldnt threaten people with the image of being shot by a gun. What kind of shitty parent allows their child to do such a thing after all these school shootings?
Do you like how he worded it? He says he was arrested for sharing a photo. Was he threatening people online?
Someone took it to be threatening. Why do you think he was arrested?

Someone taking it as threatening does not mean it was. It's not against the law to post pictures of firearms on social media and doing so threatens no one.
Thats patently false. Your opinion doesnt determine what is threatening to someone else. That would be like me saying I am not intimidating to some people even though they said I was.

Good. He shouldnt threaten people with the image of being shot by a gun. What kind of shitty parent allows their child to do such a thing after all these school shootings?
Do you like how he worded it? He says he was arrested for sharing a photo. Was he threatening people online?

Someone taking it as threatening does not mean it was. It's not against the law to post pictures of firearms on social media and doing so threatens no one.
There may be more to the story. This is a classic example why no one can stop the next nut out there. We all know who the nuts are. When they snap we all say it was obvious and they knew he was crazy. Or she was crazy. And they give examples of the crazy things that person has said and done.

What about this? I don't think this was threatening really

(graphic image deleted)
It's just a fake head.

I can't find any more to the story other than the article linked in the OP and the local TV news story linked in the article. So as far as we know at this point, he simply posted a picture of a toy gun and threatened nobody.

Some here say he deserved to be arrested and harassed for posting something like that in the current climate. Part of the reason we have laws is so that everyone is bound by the law and everyone knows what those laws are. So because we have laws that apply to everyone, there is no justification for the police getting involved in this just because some ignorant snowflake saw a picture and panicked. Are the cops now going to be called every time a person offends somebody or frightens people just by the way they're dressed or something?

I think that a trouble with reality is when you think posting a picture of a play gun needs an arrest.
Where did I say it needed an arrest you moron? I said he deserved it for not using common sense and understanding context and time.
Lets see the op is child arrested for posting picture of toy gun. You say he deserved it. It being the arrest. Context and time does not change right and wrong, it does not change the fact hat arrest is lunicy. It is under duress when the right and wrong descisions coun t the most. I do not think many murders are commmited when every one around is happy. People make the decission to be a murderer under duress, but they are still murderers. It is not illegal to post pictures of play guns no arrest should be made time and contxt or not. Also please remember this is a child.
Doesnt change the fact the he deserved to get arrested for not having the brains not to post this online after the school shooting.

Not having common sense is not a crime so no, he did not deserve to be arrested.
You dont have to commit a crime in order to be arrested. The courts determine whether or not you actually committed a crime, not the cops.

Wrong. The courts determine whether or not the charges are justified but the police need probable cause to make an arrest in the first place. A picture of a (toy) firearm on social media is not probable cause.

Child Arrested for Sharing Photo of Toy Gun on Social Media That He Got for His Birthday

The kid got social media for his birthday?

Seriously, do the shit stains that run these web sites even speak English? Or do they just write crap in their own language and then run it through a translator?

There may be more to the story. This is a classic example why no one can stop the next nut out there. We all know who the nuts are. When they snap we all say it was obvious and they knew he was crazy. Or she was crazy. And they give examples of the crazy things that person has said and done.

(graphic image deleted)
It's just a fake head.

I can't find any more to the story other than the article linked in the OP and the local TV news story linked in the article. So as far as we know at this point, he simply posted a picture of a toy gun and threatened nobody.

Some here say he deserved to be arrested and harassed for posting something like that in the current climate. Part of the reason we have laws is so that everyone is bound by the law and everyone knows what those laws are. So because we have laws that apply to everyone, there is no justification for the police getting involved in this just because some ignorant snowflake saw a picture and panicked. Are the cops now going to be called every time a person offends somebody or frightens people just by the way they're dressed or something?
You keep saying he threatened no one but you dont know everyone. Also the fact he was reported means he definitely threatened someone by the act of posting the picture. Now if he had come to school and shot someone then everyone would have been saying he left a trail.

Wrong. The courts determine whether or not the charges are justified but the police need probable cause to make an arrest in the first place. A picture of a (toy) firearm on social media is not probable cause.
BS. Probable cause is their opinion. Yes a toy firearm is probably cause.

Thats patently false. Your opinion doesnt determine what is threatening to someone else.

If that's true then by the same token, your opinion that someone is threatening does not determine that they are, in fact, threatening. See how that works?

CAN'T wait until it comes to you when someone things you have something you don't but t he cops get called on you lmao.
Is it too much to ask you to write your posts in proper English, please?

Thats patently false. Your opinion doesnt determine what is threatening to someone else.

If that's true then by the same token, your opinion that someone is threatening does not determine that they are, in fact, threatening. See how that works?
Too bad its not the same token. Whats threatening to one person has no bearing on whats threatening to another. See how that works?

Child Arrested for Sharing Photo of Toy Gun on Social Media That He Got for His Birthday
Woodbridge, Connecticut – A teenage boy was arrested and detained for the crime of posting a photo on social media of a toy gun he received as a birthday gift. Despite the fact that the photo included a “Warning” sticker on the gun, which stated that it was a toy, the student was suspended from school and treated as a criminal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man you trendy's have got to stop with the bs man honest to gawd look at the pathetic world you leftist douches have created for these kids.
Conservatives cheered when another child was murdered for playing with a toy gun. At least this kid survived his arrest.
Please show proof of "Conservatives" cheering the murder of any child, otherwise your response is crap. I'm sure that you could produce an example of people cheering when Osama bin Laden was killed, but cheering the murder of kids is total B.S..

Dan, he wasn't threatening anybody.
Obviously he was unless he called the cops on himself?
No DAN, that is not obvious.

You have presented no evidence whatsoever that he was threatening anybody.
I dont have to present evidence you idiot. the fact that he had the cops called on him is evidence he threatened someone.
No it is not, only had have a nice day as note1

You need to stop smoking the funny stuff!

Woodbridge, Connecticut – A teenage boy was arrested and detained for the crime of posting a photo on social media of a toy gun he received as a birthday gift. Despite the fact that the photo included a “Warning” sticker on the gun, which stated that it was a toy, the student was suspended from school and treated as a criminal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man you trendy's have got to stop with the bs man honest to gawd look at the pathetic world you leftist douches have created for these kids.
Conservatives cheered when another child was murdered for playing with a toy gun. At least this kid survived his arrest.
Please show proof of "Conservatives" cheering the murder of any child, otherwise your response is crap. I'm sure that you could produce an example of people cheering when Osama bin Laden was killed, but cheering the murder of kids is total B.S..
Already addressed in post #13 of this thread

(graphic image deleted)
It's just a fake head.

You keep saying he threatened no one but you dont know everyone. Also the fact he was reported means he definitely threatened someone by the act of posting the picture. Now if he had come to school and shot someone then everyone would have been saying he left a trail.

You're confusing feeling threatened with being threatened.

There are basically two questions to be asked here.

1) Did someone feel threatened? Yes.

2) Did the boy intend to threaten? No.

If there was no intent to threaten then there is no threat and therefore no case. And simply posting a picture of a firearm does not constitute intent.

For every law on the books there is a list of actions that constitute a violation of that law. In Connecticut they come in two degrees.

First degree threatening, (also known as terroristic threats):

• you terrorize someone using a hazardous substance
  • cause the evacuation of a building or public place
  • threaten to commit such a crime that would cause significant public inconvenience, or in reckless disregard to causing that convenience.
Threatening in the Second Degree is defined as:

• placing another person in fear of imminent personal injury
  • threatening to commit a crime of violence in order to terrorize another person
  • issuing threats that are in reckless disregard of causing fear or terror
There has to be an action or words or a combination thereof that constitutes a threat as defined in the law. So you see, it's not as simple as saying "I feel threatened." A person is not actually threatened unless there is intent and there was no intent in this case.

Yes, that's a great idea. If I want a gun I should have to get the ok from my wife and last ex girlfriend.

If someone has a personal protection order against you, you shouldn't be able to own a gun. Settle your problem in court then come back for a gun nut job.

Are you unable to think beyond the tip of your nose? Do you not see how things such as this could be abused in a major way and is the entire reason WHY we have a lot of our constitutional protections? WTF???

That'll work itself out in court. While you have a PPO against you no you can't go get a gun.

I'm just trying to protect you Chris. I can see an ex lover one day wanting to hurt you for being such a horrible bitch. LOL.

Hmm. That's funny. I am great friends with my ex. I think it's probably just you. :)

He's so happy to be an ex.

Perhaps, but it is funny how you call ME a bitch, when it is you who is the bitch. You have given me absolutely no reasons at all to like you in any way whatsoever. Lol. You have been a "bitch" to me since day 1, you phony little flake. :D
Maybe day 3. I had to get to know you first. It was when you were cat fighting with other women. I think you were mean to bonzi

Wrong. Probable cause is not based on opinion, it is based on established laws. An officer acts on probable cause if he feels that an established law is being violated. There is no law against posting pictures of firearms so there was no probable cause.

(graphic image deleted)
It's just a fake head.

You're confusing feeling threatened with being threatened.

There are basically two questions to be asked here.

1) Did someone feel threatened? Yes.

2) Did the boy intend to threaten? No.

If there was no intent to threaten then there is no threat and therefore no case. And simply posting a picture of a firearm does not constitute intent.

For every law on the books there is a list of actions that constitute a violation of that law. In Connecticut they come in two degrees.

First degree threatening, (also known as terroristic threats):

• you terrorize someone using a hazardous substance
  • cause the evacuation of a building or public place
  • threaten to commit such a crime that would cause significant public inconvenience, or in reckless disregard to causing that convenience.
Threatening in the Second Degree is defined as:

• placing another person in fear of imminent personal injury
  • threatening to commit a crime of violence in order to terrorize another person
  • issuing threats that are in reckless disregard of causing fear or terror
There has to be an action or words or a combination thereof that constitutes a threat as defined in the law. So you see, it's not as simple as saying "I feel threatened." A person is not actually threatened unless there is intent and there was no intent in this case.
Interesting. Are you a fan of stand your ground? Because cons argue you just have to feel threatened to shoot someone

Like when a cop shoots an unarmed black because he told him he has a gun in the car and has a ccw permit. That cop suddenly felt threatened over the 2nd amendment

Forum List

Back