Child arrested for sharing photo of toy gun on social media that he got for his birthday

Do you like how he worded it? He says he was arrested for sharing a photo. Was he threatening people online?
Someone took it to be threatening. Why do you think he was arrested?

Someone taking it as threatening does not mean it was. It's not against the law to post pictures of firearms on social media and doing so threatens no one.
Thats patently false. Your opinion doesnt determine what is threatening to someone else.

If that's true then by the same token, your opinion that someone is threatening does not determine that they are, in fact, threatening. See how that works?
Too bad its not the same token. Whats threatening to one person has no bearing on whats threatening to another. See how that works?

You just destroyed your own argument. Read your post and cogitate on it for a while. With any hope, you'll get it.

Someone taking it as threatening does not mean it was. It's not against the law to post pictures of firearms on social media and doing so threatens no one.
There may be more to the story. This is a classic example why no one can stop the next nut out there. We all know who the nuts are. When they snap we all say it was obvious and they knew he was crazy. Or she was crazy. And they give examples of the crazy things that person has said and done.

What about this? I don't think this was threatening really

(graphic image deleted)
It's just a fake head.

I can't find any more to the story other than the article linked in the OP and the local TV news story linked in the article. So as far as we know at this point, he simply posted a picture of a toy gun and threatened nobody.

Some here say he deserved to be arrested and harassed for posting something like that in the current climate. Part of the reason we have laws is so that everyone is bound by the law and everyone knows what those laws are. So because we have laws that apply to everyone, there is no justification for the police getting involved in this just because some ignorant snowflake saw a picture and panicked. Are the cops now going to be called every time a person offends somebody or frightens people just by the way they're dressed or something?
You keep saying he threatened no one but you dont know everyone. Also the fact he was reported means he definitely threatened someone by the act of posting the picture. Now if he had come to school and shot someone then everyone would have been saying he left a trail.

You're confusing feeling threatened with being threatened.

There are basically two questions to be asked here.

1) Did someone feel threatened? Yes.

2) Did the boy intend to threaten? No.

If there was no intent to threaten then there is no threat and therefore no case. And simply posting a picture of a firearm does not constitute intent.

For every law on the books there is a list of actions that constitute a violation of that law. In Connecticut they come in two degrees.

First degree threatening, (also known as terroristic threats):

• you terrorize someone using a hazardous substance
  • cause the evacuation of a building or public place
  • threaten to commit such a crime that would cause significant public inconvenience, or in reckless disregard to causing that convenience.
Threatening in the Second Degree is defined as:

• placing another person in fear of imminent personal injury
  • threatening to commit a crime of violence in order to terrorize another person
  • issuing threats that are in reckless disregard of causing fear or terror
There has to be an action or words or a combination thereof that constitutes a threat as defined in the law. So you see, it's not as simple as saying "I feel threatened." A person is not actually threatened unless there is intent and there was no intent in this case.
Interesting. Are you a fan of stand your ground? Because cons argue you just have to feel threatened to shoot someone

I never gave the whole stand your ground thing much thought but I will say that, if the other person is unarmed, I would probably fire a warning shot first. If they are armed, even with a knife, then all bets are off.

Do you like how he worded it? He says he was arrested for sharing a photo. Was he threatening people online?

Thats patently false. Your opinion doesnt determine what is threatening to someone else.

If that's true then by the same token, your opinion that someone is threatening does not determine that they are, in fact, threatening. See how that works?
Like when a cop shoots an unarmed black because he told him he has a gun in the car and has a ccw permit. That cop suddenly felt threatened over the 2nd amendment

If you're talking about the Philando Castile case, the cop didn't shoot Castile because he told him he had a gun in the car, he shot him because he thought the guy was reaching for it after he specifically told him not to. In the video, Castile tells him he has a firearm and the cop simply says "Okay. Don't reach for it though." At that point Castile did something to make the cop feel threatened.

Did the cop overreact? Maybe. Did he shoot Castile because he told him he had a gun in the car? No.

Too bad its not the same token. Whats threatening to one person has no bearing on whats threatening to another. See how that works?

You just destroyed your own argument. Read your post and cogitate on it for a while. With any hope, you'll get it.
I only destroyed your comment. Read your comment and explain to me how someone is not threatening merely because you dont feel it is.

Like when a cop shoots an unarmed black because he told him he has a gun in the car and has a ccw permit. That cop suddenly felt threatened over the 2nd amendment

If you're talking about the Philando Castile case, the cop didn't shoot Castile because he told him he had a gun in the car, he shot him because he thought the guy was reaching for it after he specifically told him not to. In the video, Castile tells him he has a firearm and the cop simply says "Okay. Don't reach for it though." At that point Castile did something to make the cop feel threatened.

Did the cop overreact? Maybe. Did he shoot Castile because he told him he had a gun in the car? No.
If it were your brother in that car you’d sue and win

Another example of a COMMUNIST police state.

View attachment 185736

Cops charge girl with bringing pocket knife to Indiana Co. high school

Ewwwww better ban those knives.......next it will be rocks, , sticks, ..... how about no pencils either why they are sharp and can assault people with that sharp point.........

I had a student suspended at the beginning of this school year for stabbing another student with a pencil.
Retarded kid in 4th grade just missed my ear drum.

Melissa stabbed my hand. I can still see the led in my palm 40 years later

Child Arrested for Sharing Photo of Toy Gun on Social Media That He Got for His Birthday
Woodbridge, Connecticut – A teenage boy was arrested and detained for the crime of posting a photo on social media of a toy gun he received as a birthday gift. Despite the fact that the photo included a “Warning” sticker on the gun, which stated that it was a toy, the student was suspended from school and treated as a criminal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man you trendy's have got to stop with the bs man honest to gawd look at the pathetic world you leftist douches have created for these kids.
Conservatives cheered when another child was murdered for playing with a toy gun. At least this kid survived his arrest.
Please show proof of "Conservatives" cheering the murder of any child, otherwise your response is crap. I'm sure that you could produce an example of people cheering when Osama bin Laden was killed, but cheering the murder of kids is total B.S..
Trevon Martin and the black kid in Cleveland.

Every time a black is shot conservatives bash the black. Even if the cop over reacted.

And every time these cops walk conservatives defend them. Whites don’t care this is happening to blacks. Well I’ve seen abusive cops I don’t like it happening to any of our citizens

Good. He shouldnt threaten people with the image of being shot by a gun. What kind of shitty parent allows their child to do such a thing after all these school shootings?

This post is another example of what happens when you watch to much Rachael Maddow.

Major paranoid.

There's a difference in being paranoid , WE ARE INFORMED better to be informed and aware then living in a closet not having a clue wtf goes on in the world. It helps those who know have tools to defend. unlike dumb ass sheep who haven't got anything.

Last edited:
Good. He shouldnt threaten people with the image of being shot by a gun. What kind of shitty parent allows their child to do such a thing after all these school shootings?

This post is another example of what happens when you watch to much Rachael Maddow.

Major paranoid.
So really your kind want to do less than nothing to stop mass shootings.

If we don’t call in someone who’s suspicious you blame us for not doing anything.

You blame the cops for not doing anything but really you have to break a law before you’ll let them do anything to an unstable citizens

Basically your solution to mass shooters is shoot them.

That’s how we stop suicide bombs. We put bombs on ourselves

Child Arrested for Sharing Photo of Toy Gun on Social Media That He Got for His Birthday
Woodbridge, Connecticut – A teenage boy was arrested and detained for the crime of posting a photo on social media of a toy gun he received as a birthday gift. Despite the fact that the photo included a “Warning” sticker on the gun, which stated that it was a toy, the student was suspended from school and treated as a criminal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man you trendy's have got to stop with the bs man honest to gawd look at the pathetic world you leftist douches have created for these kids.
Just created another conservative for life! Thanks libtards!

Major paranoid.

If we don’t call in someone who’s suspicious you blame us for not doing anything.

You blame the cops for not doing anything but really you have to break a law before you’ll let them do anything to an unstable citizens

Your left wing masters would be proud of your ability to pull such stupid statements out of your ass.

I don't recall blaming anyone for anything.

Your last statement says "one to many hits on the bong".

I only destroyed your comment. Read your comment and explain to me how someone is not threatening merely because you dont feel it is.

I was afraid you wouldn't get it.

What you're saying in that comment is that the way we perceive a threat is subjective. That means that if two people are looking at the same thing (in this case, a toy gun posted on social media) and you perceive it to be a threat but I don't, either of us could be wrong and either of us could be right. By making it subjective, you destroyed your entire argument.

What you're just not getting is that simply feeling threatened doesn't mean there's a legitimate reason to feel so.

Maybe, maybe not. That doesn't change the fact that the cop did not shoot Castile because he had a gun in the car. He shot Castile because he thought he was reaching for it.

Conservatives cheered when another child was murdered for playing with a toy gun. At least this kid survived his arrest.
Please show proof of "Conservatives" cheering the murder of any child, otherwise your response is crap. I'm sure that you could produce an example of people cheering when Osama bin Laden was killed, but cheering the murder of kids is total B.S..
Trevon Martin and the black kid in Cleveland.

Every time a black is shot conservatives bash the black. Even if the cop over reacted.

And every time these cops walk conservatives defend them. Whites don’t care this is happening to blacks. Well I’ve seen abusive cops I don’t like it happening to any of our citizens
I repeat......show PROOF that Conservatives were CHEERING over the death of any of them!

Major paranoid.

Your left wing masters would be proud of your ability to pull such stupid statements out of your ass.

I don't recall blaming anyone for anything.

Your last statement says "one to many hits on the bong".

What do you guys want to do to prevent the next mass shooting? I'll tell you what you want to do. NOTHING. You want to forget about the last one until the next one happens. Then repeat the process over and over again.

Maybe, maybe not. That doesn't change the fact that the cop did not shoot Castile because he had a gun in the car. He shot Castile because he thought he was reaching for it.
Maybe we need to test white men before they become cops. If they are too afraid of black men they shouldn't be cops.

Maybe we need to test white men before they become cops. If they are too afraid of black men they shouldn't be cops.

And maybe we need to test debate forum members to see if they are capable of viewing a video objectively.

Once again, he didn't shoot Castile because he had a gun in the car and he didn't shoot him because he's black. He shot him because he thought he was reaching for the gun. Nothing you say or any criticisms leveled at cops or white cops won't change that.

Did you even watch the video?

And maybe we need to test debate forum members to see if they are capable of viewing a video objectively.

Once again, he didn't shoot Castile because he had a gun in the car and he didn't shoot him because he's black. He shot him because he thought he was reaching for the gun. Nothing you say or any criticisms leveled at cops or white cops won't change that.

Did you even watch the video?

Yes it's bullshit. He thought he was reaching for a gun? Bullshit. If I thought you were reaching for a gun maybe I would draw my gun but I wouldn't shoot until I actually saw a gun.

You'll apparently swallow any excuse given.

https://nypost.com/2017/07/10/cop-who-fatally-shot-philando-castile-leaves-police-department/

Clearly he was a mental midget who didn't have the temperment or courage to be a police officer. You have to pull over some pretty scary people. And some of them exercise their constitutional rights.

OMG, what if I'm on the street and a cop asks me for my id and I say, "Ok I'll reach for my ID but I also have a gun" and he pulls his gun out and starts shooting because "he thought I was reaching for a gun".

What a pathetic excuse. I don't think the cop wanted to murder the man but he way over reacted. I suspect Castile's child will be a millionaire from this. Why? Because the cop was wrong, even if he was found not guilty.

Castile, a 32-year-old elementary school cafeteria worker, was shot by Yanez during a traffic stop on July 6, 2016, after Castile told the officer he was armed. Castile had a permit for his gun. The shooting gained widespread attention after Castile’s girlfriend, who was in the car along with her then-4-year-old daughter, livestreamed its gruesome aftermath on Facebook.

Even caught on video you are still clueless.

Did Castile quickly reach into the glove box? Like he was RUSHING to get his ID or Gun? I don't think so.

I hope one day a cop says put your hands on your head and before you do you reach down to pull your pants up and he shoots you because "he thought you were reaching for a gun. Pathetic really.

Forum List

Back