Chilling Headlines

Jones still has his website, and he's not being muzzled.

However....................Facebook and YouTube are private companies, and if there is content that they disagree with, they are free to kick them off of their site. And, there is no requirement for them to carry him for free on their platform.

Now, if he had a contract and was paying them to carry his stuff, I might feel different.
Facebookburning has gone full Fascist

Well said! ^^

Facebookburning has gone full Fascist! :mad-61:

Most of the threads on USMB are posted by right-wing nuts. There is no "monopoly" here. If you have a problem, you must take it up with the administrators. I must reiterate that no private entity has an obligation to provide a forum
I do not agree...plenty of threads are posted by left leaning board members....most of which don't whine quite as much as you....but they are close....

Its more pro good taste than anti free speech.

Hence; as far as I know, all of the above can still say whatever they want whenever they want…companies are not obliged to broadcast their filth.
Diamond and Silk are broadcasting filth? They were censored too. When four liberal Social media sites banned Infowars on the same day, it shows collusion and a violation of anti-trust laws. Senator Cruz has justifiable reasons to haul these CEOs in before Congres to explain why they shouldn't be broken up.

Most of the threads on USMB are posted by right-wing nuts. There is no "monopoly" here. If you have a problem, you must take it up with the administrators. I must reiterate that no private entity has an obligation to provide a forum
I do not agree...plenty of threads are posted by left leaning board members....most of which don't whine quite as much as you....but they are close....
So you equate challenging bullshit with whining? The problem I have is that so many right-wing posters, among other things, exaggerate immensely, post on crimes based on the ethnicity of the criminal, rather than all crimes, exhibit deeply-flawed logic, or say really stupid things about other people, saying things about others that they could not possibly know about.

Shoot, I was told by one poster the other day that I was a communist something-or-other because the poster knew that my mother's parents were Russian. My relatives were here by 1913, after some of the served in the Tsar's army, and no one ever had anything to do with the Bolsheviks. Some people are just dumb, and some are in complete denial and maintain that every fact that goes against them is made up or that I am just parroting someone else mindlessly and somehow don't know something that they "obviously" know, but refuse to explain when asked. Some of these posters are real imbeciles.

Hence; as far as I know, all of the above can still say whatever they want whenever they want…companies are not obliged to broadcast their filth.

This is true. No first amendment right was violated.

Are you proud of your anti free speech agenda?

Screenshot_20180807-185655.png

I’m proud Alex Jones has to get his fat ass out and get a real job now.

Many of the same people who complain that someone is being forced to bake a cake against their will seem to be demanding that other people provide services against their will.

Many of the same people who complain that someone is being forced to bake a cake against their will seem to be demanding that other people provide services against their will.

And yet you don't see your own "double standard", though it's not, you're just wrong on both sides of this issue.

Alex Jones has plenty of opportunity to get his message out through radio and his website. If he can't make it on that then cry me a river and provide us all the same.
Well if he has trouble can’t we just give him some of the taxpayers money confiscated from them like with do National Panhandler Radio? Spread the taxpayers’ money around a bit just in the interest of fairness.

If you think private companies running themselves how they see fit as a first amendment issue, you might not know wtf the first amendment is.

Alex Jones has plenty of opportunity to get his message out through radio and his website. If he can't make it on that then cry me a river and provide us all the same.
That's not the point. Facebook and YouTube was created to share yourself to others and make money too.

Does Facebook , YouTube and the others have a business license? So did the baker and flower shop owners. What happens to the latter when they refused service? You have no legal standing.

so tomorrow USMB decides they don't like you and bans you.

you good? no reason, just don't like you.

Diamond and Silk are broadcasting filth? They were censored too. When four liberal Social media sites banned Infowars on the same day, it shows collusion and a violation of anti-trust laws. Senator Cruz has justifiable reasons to haul these CEOs in before Congres to explain why they shouldn't be broken up.

Weaponizing government?

You're missing the point entirely. It's the party commonly affiliated with the clamping of free speech that these companies line up behind and are the enforcement arm for.

I'd certainly see that as within their prerogative, would have no complaints and hold no grudges. I gave up on the site during most of Obama's 1st term because I felt the topics were far more personality than issue driven. So I've experienced living without it.

To those that don't agree with my view on this Alex Jones situation, I associate your thinking with those liberals who call out Trump for being anti-Freedom of the Press because he won't take CNN's questions.

You're missing the point entirely. It's the party commonly affiliated with the clamping of free speech that these companies line up behind and are the enforcement arm for.

Should Twitter be able to get rid of twitter bots?
Should Facebook be able to get rid of accounts that have no human presence?

I'd certainly see that as within their prerogative, would have no complaints and hold no grudges. I gave up on the site during most of Obama's 1st term because I felt the topics were far more personality than issue driven. So I've experienced living without it.

To those that don't agree with my view on this Alex Jones situation, I associate your thinking with those liberals who call out Trump for being anti-Freedom of the Press because he won't take CNN's questions.
fair enough.

Should Twitter be able to get rid of twitter bots?
Should Facebook be able to get rid of accounts that have no human presence?

Should rhinos get mad at the tick birds that hitch rides on their backs in Africa? When you're ready to return to the ACTUAL topic here (suppression of free speech in real people), let us know...

Forum List

Back