China To Announce Cap-And-Trade Program To Limit Emissions

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Chinese President Xi Jinping and U.S. President Barack Obama will announce the news on Friday.

WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - China will announce Friday that it will launch a national carbon emissions trading market in 2017 as part of a joint climate change statement with the United States meant to boost prospects for a global climate pact, U.S. officials said.

The statement will be one of the few policy announcements the two countries are expected to make during Chinese President Xi Jinping's meetings with U.S. President Barack Obama Friday. The leaders will meet amid tensions over alleged Chinese cyber spying, Beijing's economic policies and China's regional territorial disputes.

The "joint presidential statement" will build on the breakthrough announcement Xi and Obama made last year where both countries pledged targets to cut greenhouse gas emissions beyond 2020.

On Friday they will outline new and existing domestic measures to show the world's two biggest emitters of greenhouse gasses are serious about reaching those targets and will "lead the world toward a durable global climate agreement," the U.S. official said.

More: China To Announce Cap-And-Trade Program To Limit Emissions

This is great news! Also places more needed pressure on the global warming skeptics.

I'm not sure what's funnier, that some gook commies embrace globabble whining, or that lakoturd believes they'll do anything different.

I'd cut the military 200 billion and put that into addressing it! Our military will still be over 400 billion per year and I'd do it by shutting down over sea's bases and minding our fucking business.

100 nuclear plants over the next 15 years...1 to 2gw a piece.
30 billion dollars into fusion development and r&d.
200gw of added solar
150 gw of added wind
cap & trade on the fossil fuel industry...
Increase fines sharply for any environmental damage they cause.

Personally, I think this is a big deal that China is taking serious steps to limit emissions. They have major pollution problems.

china-bad-pollution-climate-change-7__880.jpg

china-bad-pollution-climate-change-17__880.jpg

china-bad-pollution-climate-change-4__880.jpg

More Shocking Pictures: 23 Shocking Photos Reveal How Bad China's Pollution Problem Has Become

Chinese President Xi Jinping and U.S. President Barack Obama will announce the news on Friday.

WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - China will announce Friday that it will launch a national carbon emissions trading market in 2017 as part of a joint climate change statement with the United States meant to boost prospects for a global climate pact, U.S. officials said.

The statement will be one of the few policy announcements the two countries are expected to make during Chinese President Xi Jinping's meetings with U.S. President Barack Obama Friday. The leaders will meet amid tensions over alleged Chinese cyber spying, Beijing's economic policies and China's regional territorial disputes.

The "joint presidential statement" will build on the breakthrough announcement Xi and Obama made last year where both countries pledged targets to cut greenhouse gas emissions beyond 2020.

On Friday they will outline new and existing domestic measures to show the world's two biggest emitters of greenhouse gasses are serious about reaching those targets and will "lead the world toward a durable global climate agreement," the U.S. official said.

More: China To Announce Cap-And-Trade Program To Limit Emissions

This is great news! Also places more needed pressure on the global warming skeptics.

You guys are sooooo fucking gullible.......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jeb Bush: The Pope Shouldn't Discuss Climate Change Because 'He's Not A Scientist'

The Pope knows a lot more about climate change than Jeb. NaziCons are ignoring scientists.

the Pope knows nothing about climate change...if he did he wouldn't say the stupid things he has been saying...

I've always found it a bit odd that the Pope (or any religious "authority") would ever say anything about pollution/climate change. I guess I thought only like Witches venerated the earth. Most of the big religions consider that their god made the earth specifically for man to exploit so it doesn't really jive in my head to worry about pollution and shit, God will forgive and fix it kind of thing. ~shrug~

Still it's good that china's at least recognizing publicly that they've got an issue over there, not sure they'll act on it really (money is very important to their higher ups,) but its still a step.

As long as they [the UN] don't get stupid about pollution and global warming (like some idiots in the US) I'm cool with green shit. (And to be clear, I'm heavily invested in oil so I'm not on the stupid side of things heh)

Forum List

Back