Chinese Dog And Cat Festival Opens: Golden Retrievers, Poodles, Tabbys, Persians--All On The Menu

2adade52eec53072087c390a30a3871d.jpg

Cows don't lead the blind, do police work, and help people in dozens of ways.

So if I'm hearing you correctly, dogs are off the menu, but cats are all right.

Any animal we can enslave we don't eat. If we can't enslave it, we eat it. :badgrin:

On the contrary: I don't consider my dog, cat or gold fish enslaved. I don't consider the cow of a farmer enslaved.

By unwritten social contract there are animals we raise for food and there are animals we cherish as companions.

If you consider a beloved pet enslaved, you are a despicable liberal and you would treat your fellow humans - if you had the power - like LBJ - who shouldn't have EVER had the privilege of having a pet - treated his unfortunate beagles.

I believe in levels of consciousness. The higher the level....the more evil it is to eat it.

Humans. Elephants. Monkeys. Absolutely not.
Dolphins. Dogs. Horses. No. Short of the apocalypse (or the end result of liberalism like Venezuela) then also no.

Cows. Pigs. Chickens. Fish. Not as bad. Although I don't eat much cow or pig.

So don't kill a living entity and eat its flesh, cries the vegetarian crowd, forgetting their own hypocrisy.

I believe in levels of consciousness. The higher the level....the more evil it is to eat it.

Dolphins. Dogs. Horses. No. Short of the apocalypse (or the end result of liberalism like Venezuela) then also no.

Pigs are above dogs in "consciousness" and intellect. But we, as a culture, see dogs as treasured companions and pigs as filthy beasts grown only for food.

There is no evidence that we are correct in our biases.

It's disgusting, and this will be a concern someday here as America continues to allow the world to flood in.
Liberals being huge multi-culturalists of course, will say we must allow all immigrants to continue their customs here.
You know less about Liberals than you know about foreign culture, and that ain't much.

People,cannot break laws and call it part of their culture. Voodoo priests cannot slaughter chickens, an animal commonly eaten here, as part of their religious rites.

Xenophobes must beware of criticizing foreign cultures without at least a seventh grade Social Stidies lesson first.
China suffered decades, perhaps hundreds of years, of famine and the people learned to eat anything that moved. These things became part of their cultural cuisine. Also, dogs and cats as pets are not the same as they are here. As Nosmo King says, this is an cultural issue. Your values are not the values of the entire world. This is disgusting to us, but not in another culture. We eat all kinds of animals and have no problem. If this article is true, it simply reflects a difference in culture; we are not dealing with universal moral but cultural morals. And finally, I doubt any of you have ever been to China and have no idea what it is like. You are all xenophobes indeed.

Btw, millions of people in China do see dogs and cats as pets just like here.
I'm sure you type people would know!
. . . and "you type" of people make some actually start to understand why parts of the world have turned to cannibalism.

The disgusting part is they steal people's pets, torture them before they slaughter them. I hope they get bad karma!
How do you know this? Prove it. Cite a reliable source, otherwise it is just another of the multitude of myths you rightwingers take for truth. You have absolutely no critical thinking skills; you just believe whatever you want to be the truth.

The disgusting part is they steal people's pets, torture them before they slaughter them. I hope they get bad karma!
How do you know this? Prove it. Cite a reliable source, otherwise it is just another of the multitude of myths you rightwingers take for truth. You have absolutely no critical thinking skills; you just believe whatever you want to be the truth.
You are a moron.

That's one thing that really bothers me about some asian cultures. Dogs have been bred to be human companions. Domesticated animals for food do not have the same qualities. The fact that they either don't know or don't care is reprehensible.

You are a moron.

So you have evidence of such torture? Maybe something on the level of how our meat animals are raised?

Pigs are above dogs in "consciousness" and intellect. But we, as a culture, see dogs as treasured companions and pigs as filthy beasts grown only for food.

The evidence that eludes you is called reality. Pigs do not have similar personalities. Anyone that thinks a dog is just a random animal that is kept as a pet is a blithering idiot.

That's one thing that really bothers me about some asian cultures. Dogs have been bred to be human companions. Domesticated animals for food do not have the same qualities. The fact that they either don't know or don't care is reprehensible.

Really? If killing a dog or a cat for food is reprehensible, what do you call the fact that 2.7 million dogs and cats are killed every year in the US? They are not eaten. They are thrown on a trash heap.

If you think eating dogs is so horrible, how do you feel about the fact that only 1 in 10 dogs born in the US will have a permanent home?

The evidence that eludes you is called reality. Pigs do not have similar personalities. Anyone that thinks a dog is just a random animal that is kept as a pet is a blithering idiot.

Personality? Pigs have plenty of personality. Much of that is due to the way they are treated.

Personality? Pigs have plenty of personality. Much of that is due to the way they are treated.
Bullshit. You honestly can't figure out why nobody takes their pig to the pig park? WTF?

Really? If killing a dog or a cat for food is reprehensible, what do you call the fact that 2.7 million dogs and cats are killed every year in the US? They are not eaten. They are thrown on a trash heap.

If you think eating dogs is so horrible, how do you feel about the fact that only 1 in 10 dogs born in the US will have a permanent home?
How do you compare euthenizing dogs and cats for humane reasons with eating them? That makes no sense.

Look who's talking.

Bullshit. You honestly can't figure out why nobody takes their pig to the pig park? WTF?

Oh please. Now the dog park is evidence of intelligence and personality? But yes, there are people who walk pet pigs on leashes.

I have no problem with you liking dogs. I love them. But I am not so blind as to claim they are sacred while pigs, cows and chickens are simply meat factories on legs.

How do you compare euthenizing dogs and cats for humane reasons with eating them? That makes no sense.

It shows that we, in the US, dispose of dogs and cats at an alarming rate. No use, just remove them from the system. The Chinese are at least eating them. There is a purpose to their death.

Forum List

Back