Choices Have Consequences

Remember elections have consequences.

And you signs, a man holds up a sign and he is 1% and a woman holds up a sign 99%.

Well its about time women make equal pay.

YO...........STFU and go get me another stick of 3 inch rigid conduit.................what you can't pick it up........

How the hell did I get this dang helper..............damn....yes the drill spins clockwise when drilling and why it has taken you an hour to drill the dang hole.

What did you say?

If you don't understand, then shut up and go make sandwiches.

You trampers can't type a complete sentence. Your crazy as the tramp.

What eagle said made perfect sense. It is tradesman talk and those in the trades knew exactly what he was saying. The fact you think it is gibberish, says more about what you don't know than what it says about him. The fact you think it is only something a Trump supporter says, makes you look like a bigoted moron.

And you signs, a man holds up a sign and he is 1% and a woman holds up a sign 99%.

YO...........STFU and go get me another stick of 3 inch rigid conduit.................what you can't pick it up........

How the hell did I get this dang helper..............damn....yes the drill spins clockwise when drilling and why it has taken you an hour to drill the dang hole.

I didn't even read his reply, that is how much I reject everybody can be a tradesman, and they make 100 grand a year and they get health ins. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Usually they overdrink, get disability early and just plan wear out.

I didn't even read his reply, that is how much I reject everybody can be a tradesman, and they make 100 grand a year and they get health ins. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Air Traffic Control Operators, Construction Supervisors, Tradesmen that run their own business, make over $100k. Most tradesmen make $65K and up. Most tradesmen are not alcoholics, it seems you like to stereotype people, just and FYI, not all blacks like fried chicken and watermelon either. Your ignorance and bigotry is just mind numbing.

Not to many call for someone with a fine arts degree. Most people who take those kinds of courses and get a degree can't find a job. Many college grads have nothing to offer with a degree like Fine arts. Has nothing to do with being a woman.

The guy on the right however would get a job anywhere. Trade school is the way to go.

So the man is smart and the woman is dumb.

A Bachelor of Fine Arts degree will often require an area of specialty such as acting, musical theatre, game design, ceramics, computer animation, creative writing, dance, dramatic writing, drawing, fiber, film production, visual effects, animation, graphic design, illustration, industrial design, visual arts, technical arts, interior design, metalworking, music, new media, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, stage management, or television production. Some schools instead give their students a broad education in many disciplines of the arts.[1][4][5][additional citation(s) needed]
-------------------------------------
it would be so awful if we decided to be one thing.

Nope. The man merely chose a field he could earn a living in.

The woman chose one that's a lot harder to find a job and earn a living doing.

Everyone can't be an electrician or a plumber, and most of them don't make 100K a year.

What is the ratio of job openings for tradespeople vs. the job openings for Fine Arts people?

everyone can't be a trade person.

Considering the shortage of tradesmen, more people can be than can be directors of fine art museums, or even staff members

I can keep repeating myself , but my time is important.

Guess what happens to those great wages if conservatives get their way and everyone does go into trades?

It's not that everyone has to go into the trades, it's the simple fact that some college degrees only prepare you for jobs with limited openings.

Actually that’s not really true. By far the most important skills acquired in most liberal arts degrees are skills for research, analysis and composition.

There are massive numbers of jobs which have no “training” as one would have for a trade.

That used to be the skills given by a liberal arts degree, now it's about conformance, regurgitation of SJW groupthink, and assumption that your given degree will lead to a high paid mental flossing job.

There’s no assumption anything will lead to a high paid job, well with few exceptions. There’s no assumption becoming an electrician will lead to a high paid job either.

But the skills from a liberal arts degree are considerable and should not be ridiculed.

Get an Engineering Degree and your chance of finding a job is much higher. Get an accounting degree and the same applies.

Get a degree in 17th century Bavarian art, and unless the local Bavarian art museum is hiring you may be out of luck.

Again, that’s just not the case. The idea that a liberal arts degree is directly related to a specific job isn’t outdated because it was never true.

Then why are so many liberal arts degree takers bitching about not being able to find a job, or at least a job that meets their assumptions?

Because nothing can ever guarantee a job. One thing I know for sure. Unemployment rates for those with college degrees is substantially lower unemployment rate than those without.

It's not about guarantee, it's about the chance of getting a job that rewards the level of monetary commitment spent to get a degree leading to that job.

Again, if those degrees lead to fulfilling work, why are so many people bitching that they do not?

They often lead to fulfilling work. I don’t know how many people are bitching. I’d caution you from making quantitative judgements based on internet memes.

Sorry, but it's a known phenomenon, the whole 1% vs 99% thing.

Wrong its the 99% against the top 1%.

Electricians and plumbers are not 1%. They don’t do bad, but to be a 1%, you need an income in the ballpark of $500,000 per year and that ain’t happening.

i don't know. My plumber has two sons working for him and three trucks, at least. He has not accepted new customers in over ten years.

I could see him hitting that number. And if not, he could still be a contender, and his sons will be well situated to grow the business though out a long working career ahead of them.

I agree. I have a friend who owns his own electrical business and has to turn jobs down due not having enough qualified help. He told me he spends on average around a million a month on materials so you can imagine how much he brings in. He is also a Generac home generator installer. He has one team that does only that and last time we talked he had about 35 install jobs lined up and more coming in every week.

Air Traffic Control Operators, Construction Supervisors, Tradesmen that run their own business, make over $100k. Most tradesmen make $65K and up. Most tradesmen are not alcoholics, it seems you like to stereotype people, just and FYI, not all blacks like fried chicken and watermelon either. Your ignorance and bigotry is just mind numbing.

Had a coworker who worked as a maintenance planner doing AMM back office work on SAP and was making around 100k a year. She quit and started doing AMM contract work. Last year she billed various companies about 450k total. There is crazy money to be made if you know where to look.

Had a coworker who worked as a maintenance planner doing AMM back office work on SAP and was making around 100k a year. She quit and started doing AMM contract work. Last year she billed various companies about 450k total. There is crazy money to be made if you know where to look.

Let's not tell Penelope, she likes to remain ignorant and clueless. :)

Not to many call for someone with a fine arts degree. Most people who take those kinds of courses and get a degree can't find a job. Many college grads have nothing to offer with a degree like Fine arts. Has nothing to do with being a woman.

The guy on the right however would get a job anywhere. Trade school is the way to go.

So the man is smart and the woman is dumb.

A Bachelor of Fine Arts degree will often require an area of specialty such as acting, musical theatre, game design, ceramics, computer animation, creative writing, dance, dramatic writing, drawing, fiber, film production, visual effects, animation, graphic design, illustration, industrial design, visual arts, technical arts, interior design, metalworking, music, new media, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, stage management, or television production. Some schools instead give their students a broad education in many disciplines of the arts.[1][4][5][additional citation(s) needed]
-------------------------------------
it would be so awful if we decided to be one thing.

Nope. The man merely chose a field he could earn a living in.

The woman chose one that's a lot harder to find a job and earn a living doing.

Everyone can't be an electrician or a plumber, and most of them don't make 100K a year.

What is the ratio of job openings for tradespeople vs. the job openings for Fine Arts people?

everyone can't be a trade person.

Considering the shortage of tradesmen, more people can be than can be directors of fine art museums, or even staff members

I can keep repeating myself , but my time is important.

Guess what happens to those great wages if conservatives get their way and everyone does go into trades?

It's not that everyone has to go into the trades, it's the simple fact that some college degrees only prepare you for jobs with limited openings.

Actually that’s not really true. By far the most important skills acquired in most liberal arts degrees are skills for research, analysis and composition.

There are massive numbers of jobs which have no “training” as one would have for a trade.

That used to be the skills given by a liberal arts degree, now it's about conformance, regurgitation of SJW groupthink, and assumption that your given degree will lead to a high paid mental flossing job.

There’s no assumption anything will lead to a high paid job, well with few exceptions. There’s no assumption becoming an electrician will lead to a high paid job either.

But the skills from a liberal arts degree are considerable and should not be ridiculed.

Get an Engineering Degree and your chance of finding a job is much higher. Get an accounting degree and the same applies.

Get a degree in 17th century Bavarian art, and unless the local Bavarian art museum is hiring you may be out of luck.

Again, that’s just not the case. The idea that a liberal arts degree is directly related to a specific job isn’t outdated because it was never true.

Then why are so many liberal arts degree takers bitching about not being able to find a job, or at least a job that meets their assumptions?

Because nothing can ever guarantee a job. One thing I know for sure. Unemployment rates for those with college degrees is substantially lower unemployment rate than those without.

It's not about guarantee, it's about the chance of getting a job that rewards the level of monetary commitment spent to get a degree leading to that job.

Again, if those degrees lead to fulfilling work, why are so many people bitching that they do not?

They often lead to fulfilling work. I don’t know how many people are bitching. I’d caution you from making quantitative judgements based on internet memes.

Sorry, but it's a known phenomenon, the whole 1% vs 99% thing.

Wrong its the 99% against the top 1%.

Electricians and plumbers are not 1%. They don’t do bad, but to be a 1%, you need an income in the ballpark of $500,000 per year and that ain’t happening.

i don't know. My plumber has two sons working for him and three trucks, at least. He has not accepted new customers in over ten years.

I could see him hitting that number. And if not, he could still be a contender, and his sons will be well situated to grow the business though out a long working career ahead of them.

I agree. I have a friend who owns his own electrical business and has to turn jobs down due not having enough qualified help. He told me he spends on average around a million a month on materials so you can imagine how much he brings in. He is also a Generac home generator installer. He has one team that does only that and last time we talked he had about 35 install jobs lined up and more coming in every week.

Have a locksmith friend that can't find people with the commitment to do the work, he has enough work for 3 assistants/apprentices, but people don't have the patience to learn the skill, or the fortitude to get calls at 2 AM to get someone back into their apartment.

Forum List

Back