Chris Chripie is getting ripped for his 'insane' comment on vaccinations

More lolibertarian/secessioner shenanigans: Catherine Herbert Schaible s Second Child Dies After Parents Use Prayer No Medicine
(snip)
A couple serving probation for the 2009 death of their toddler after they turned to prayer instead of a doctor could face new charges now that another son has died.

Herbert and Catherine Schaible belong to a fundamentalist Christian church that believes in faith healing. They lost their 8-month-old son, Brandon, last week after he suffered from diarrhea and breathing problems for at least a week, and stopped eating. Four years ago, another son died from bacterial pneumonia.

Yes,fuck what parents want for their own children, much better for gov't to hold the little rugrats down and jab them. Uncle Sam knows what's best for us all, all hail the government!

Derping well today, moron.
You don't want to vaccinate your kids...fine. But they shouldn't be around other kids then.....at all. Period.

If people want to risk their children's lives so be it.
Really?

I'm still not understanding this line of thinking, you're basically saying society has no duty to protect children who are too young to make wise decisions related to their health and safety from the occasional parent who is also not wise enough.

Like if I decided to lock my infant in the car all night outside the strip club since I didn't want go get a baby sitter you'd be okay with it?
Not a bad point.

I am torn on this. I think parents that refuse to vaccinate their children are misguided fools that get their information from non-credible sources.

But I also don't see forcing people to be vaccinated as a viable option.

So the compromise is to keep these people out of the public if the disease is very contagious, as is the case with measles.

Really?

I'm still not understanding this line of thinking, you're basically saying society has no duty to protect children who are too young to make wise decisions related to their health and safety from the occasional parent who is also not wise enough.

Like if I decided to lock my infant in the car all night outside the strip club since I didn't want go get a baby sitter you'd be okay with it?
Not a bad point.

I am torn on this. I think parents that refuse to vaccinate their children are misguided fools that get their information from non-credible sources.

So the compromise is to keep these people out of the public if the disease is very contagious, as is the case with measles.
we could keep them on-the-hook financially for any medical care needed to keep their kids alive. Thats what rw'ers claim to want anyway right? :dunno: with their "let 'em die" war cry. Personal responsibility rw'ers. :eusa_naughty: You have to pay every thin dime out-of-pocket for any illness gotten due directly to lack of immunization

Again its mostly libs who are anti vaxers.........posted several links.........to do my best lib impression why do libs hate their kids

Really?

Not a bad point.

we could keep them on the hook financially for any medical care needed to keep their kids alive. Thats what rw'ers claim to want anyway right? Personal responsibility rw'ers. You have to pay every thin dime out-of-pocket for any illness gotten due directly to lack of immunization
I wouldn't punish the kids like that because their parents might not be able to pay.

I kind of would support shooting the parents though if their refusal to get their kids vaccinated endangered my child who could not be vaccinated because of age, or and immune disorder, or a bad reaction to a previous vaccine.

It would be simple self defense.

He called a cab, but the clown car showed up. And he stepped right in.

He was toast even before.

If people want to risk their children's lives so be it. But keep your children from coming in contact with infants, pregnant women, and anyone with a compromised immune system.
easier said than done.....but i hear ya....

I'm setting up a sort of alternative college education correspondence program for Right Wingers. It will work kind of like The University of Phoenix. The campus is in a double wide trailer in West Virginia. The following is a sampling of the courses;
Mythology of global warming 101.
Advance global warming BS 201
vaccination genocidal conspiracy 101
illegal immigration apocalypse 101
Evils of wealth redistribution 101
Class warfare 201
No gun left unsold 101
abortion eugenics 101
The wisdom of Rand Paul lecture series (one lecture, 5 minutes)
Fractured history , Palin lecture series, 1, Paul Revere
Ted Nugent, insane or mad as a hatter? Discussion series
Mike Huckabee, study of ethics and morality of Christian bigotry
Agricultural welfare principles 101, Joni Ernst
Rick Perry. prayer and drought relief
Guest lecture. Rush Limbaugh discusses (Part 1) cutting the budget of the national weather bureau, and (Part2) criticizing national weather bureau accuracy.
Scripture of Ronal Reagan 101
health and medicine 101. Why and how Obamacare will kill you.
Holding off the Muslims, lecture by Bobby Jindal
Energy and environment 101. Why burning up all non renewable energy resources as fast as possible is good for you.

Last edited:
Wait a second....it's "insane" to want public policy to strike a balance that respects a parent's right to choose medical procedures for their children? Holy Hell, we really are fucked.
Yes, that is what we now call 'moderates.' People who think that freedom is disgusting.

And you will be called a wacko or far right loon for thinking that people should be free to choose anything.

So the government should just allow a child to die that could be saved? Of course, I am talking to someone that hates government and believes that only a few people at the top at a corporation should control everything.
Are you going to stop children from participating in swimming also? Many children die by drowning. Perhaps you would like to address hiking or other dangerous activities that parents take their children on. What about those that fly? Flying small aircraft is actually quite dangerous. Perhaps you would like to stop parents from taking their children on non-commercial aircraft?

then again, I am talking to an outright liar making claims I have CLEARLY never made (like I hate the government or think that corporations should control anything). Why don't you try again with the hyperbole.
Your child drowning isn't going to put my child in danger.

What a dumbass! (Although, I believe that's been established dozens of times on this website)

Not when it comes to public health. Quarantine measures can be forced. As can curfews and other restrictions when it comes to public safety.

How did you feel about forcing this woman?

141031-hickox-kns-1438_cc99fb51ae862582d44ae712cae9fe88.jpg

She did not need to be.

Forum List

Back