Chris Matthews: Trump wants to put his enemies in front of a firing squad

Mr. Matthew's took a joke President Trump said about being "a dictator," because of office priviledges and turned it into a surefire lining innocent people in a row and executing them. That's just sick, and is untruthful as one can get. :puke:

It's being reported everywhere ... You know how Trump runs his mouth. He wants a headline.

The bottom line is that if Trump or another capital punishment fanatic like Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis wins the White House in the future, the reality is that how federal executions are carried out isn’t completely up to the psychotic whims of a president like Trump or DeSantis, or an attorney general like William Barr. And, of course, how many federal prisoners there are to execute if a Republican takes over is currently up to President Joe Biden, whose supposed anti-death penalty inclinations prompted Trump, Barr and the Supreme Court to rush through those executions. But Biden's actions and inactions on capital punishment have so far left the door open for another spree.

Creative Destruction

Julius Caesar's uncles, Marius and Sulla, cleaned house (proscription) when they were in power. But when Caesar himself became dictator, he refused to do that, which enabled his assassination by those he had given amnesty to.

After Rome became an autocracy, its empire lasted for another 500 years, 1500 years if you count the Eastern Empire.
Well if they assassinate Trump I will be very eager for the full force of law to be applied. I am not saying at all he should leave in power those who have been bad actors. All I am saying he should not do as they have done by weaponizing government to go after them. That is what he is saying too. The 'drain the swamp' policy is still very much on the table.

I won't expect President Trump or the Republicans to retaliate against the Democrats if we can put them back in power. That would accomplish nothing but provide temporary satisfaction to angry Patriots but would have long far reaching negative consequences.

I will expect them to pass and sign into law solid measures to correct the evils the Democrats do to make it much harder for them to cheat or do bad acts. I will expect them to do what they can to fix what is broken and restore the country to what it was intended to be as much as they can. That will be the best punishment for them and won't hurt the country more.
No you bury them and hurt them so badly they'll never think of doing this shit again

Chris is a total maniac nutcase... if he is against you... you should be happy...

And so we retaliate, offend enough people in the process who will see us as no better than them, and we lose the House or Senate on the next vote and the White House in 2028. And the Democrats will be loaded for bear to do even worse than they are doing now. And they will claim justification to do away with the EC and pack the SCOTUS with radical leftists and we lose our country.

How about showing the people what real statesmanship and good government is and hope they respond to that sufficiently that the Democrats won't have ANY support or tolerance for their bad acts?

Sure I think real justice would be Pelosi, Schumer, deep state operatives suffering ramifications for their bad acts but the Founders intended for their constituents to do that and not a weaponized White House. It's up to us to elect reformers to Congress and the White House and that will be Republicans, not Democrats even though we get a bad apple here and there. I won't put that on President Trump who knows retaliation would be a huge waste of time and money and would have far reaching destructive effect. He wants to fix what's broken and that will be harder to do with all the focus on getting even.

The worst punishment we can give them is to elect Donald Trump President and give him a strong GOP majority in Congress.

How about showing the people what real statesmanship and good government is

If I thought the dems would stop, I’d be on board, be the better person in the name of the good of the people. I simply dont trust the dems to stop. The first chance they get, they will start up their antics again.

If your neighbor came out and whacked you in the back of the head every day as you were leaving to go to work, would you say “I’ll let it go and show him I’m the better person”? He will see that you aren’t going to do anything about it and tomorrow he’s going to come out and whack you on the back of the head. However…if you make his nose a bit crooked one time…he’s probably going to stop whackin you in the back of the head..

See what I mean?

If I thought the dems would stop, I’d be on board, be the better person in the name of the good of the people. I simply dont trust the dems to stop. The first chance they get, they will start up their antics again.

If your neighbor came out and whacked you in the back of the head every day as you were leaving to go to work, would you say “I’ll let it go and show him I’m the better person”? He will see that you aren’t going to do anything about it and tomorrow he’s going to come out and whack you on the back of the head. However…if you make his nose a bit crooked one time…he’s probably going to stop whackin you in the back of the head..

See what I mean?
No. I would deal with him immediately after the first whack. Either whack him back or let law enforcement do it or sue the socks off him. But a year later or five years later after I passed the bar exam or got my badge as a police officer, I would feel pretty silly going after him for that whack. What good would it serve? How would my life or anybody else's life be better.

But when it is the law/government itself that holds all the power and is whacking you, there is literally little or no defense you can use. Most especially when there is no higher authority to appeal to and when the media is in bed with the bad actors.

The best punishment we can give them is to take away their power. And it is we the people who do that. It should not be the President of the United States or a weaponization of his DOJ.

That will come as a huge disappointment to the more radical on the right who WANT him to retaliate against his (and our) enemies but he was quite clear that vengeance is not on his agenda.

I don't believe that was ever Trumps intent.

However when you behave like he does.....they will hang this kind of thing on you.

No. I would deal with him immediately after the first whack. Either whack him back or let law enforcement do it or sue the socks off him. But a year later or five years later after I passed the bar exam or got my badge as a police officer, I would feel pretty silly going after him for that whack. What good would it serve? How would my life or anybody else's life be better.

But when it is the law/government itself that holds all the power and is whacking you, there is literally little or no defense you can use. Most especially when there is no higher authority to appeal to and when the media is in bed with the bad actors.

The best punishment we can give them is to take away their power. And it is we the people who do that. It should not be the President of the United States or a weaponization of his DOJ.

I just think you’re giving the dems too much credit, that by the repubs trying to be the better person, that somehow that would signal to the dems and they would stop..

They wouldn’t…

Taking away power is a good idea.

We also need a long term plan to ensure they won't take it back.

And we need a plan on how to respond better should they ever get it and abuse it.

I don't believe that was ever Trumps intent.

However when you behave like he does.....they will hang this kind of thing on you.
When you behave as he did as President you produce some great things for America and Americans. It is the dishonest political opposition including its surrogate media that accused him of doing and saying a lot of things he never did and never said. The problem isn't with him. The problem is a truly evil dishonesty that pretends it is self righteous by trying to take him down.

It is the dishonest political opposition including its surrogate media that accused him of doing and saying a lot of things he never did and never said.

First you have to understand that we have a dishonest media. Trump should know that better than anyone. You are correct, they will paint him whatever color suites them to meet their ends.

The problem isn't with him.

If you don't factor their dishonesty in, then you get what he got. And you abuse our votes in the process.

So I disagree with you. Part of the problem is with him.

If he isn't such an asshole during COVID, he wins term 2 hands down.
The problem is a truly evil dishonesty that pretends it is self righteous by trying to take him down.

In their minds they are right. It's what makes them the left-wing. Like Al Gore, they think they know better than we do what is good for us. If you know that, you combat them at that level. You don't hand them grenades to lob at you.

Forum List

Back