Chris Matthews: Trump wants to put his enemies in front of a firing squad

Jurinalism

Every time I try to listen to Crispy Match Chews, I get distracted by the feeling that something is tinkling down my legs.
Mr. Matthew's took a joke President Trump said about being "a dictator," because of office priviledges and turned it into a surefire lining innocent people in a row and executing them. That's just sick, and is untruthful as one can get. :puke:

Especially when I watched Hannity's interview with Trump last night. Hannity specifically asked point blank if it was Trump's intention to use his presidential powers to go after those who have persecuted/prosecuted him for the last four+ years. And he uncategorically replied that sort of thing has to stop. We cannot keep weaponizing government against political opponents no matter how evil or how much they deserve it.

That will come as a huge disappointment to the more radical on the right who WANT him to retaliate against his (and our) enemies but he was quite clear that vengeance is not on his agenda.
Nope, trump needs to ride into Washington on a horse named vengeance. He needs to come in with the intention of cleaning house.

If you try to take the high road, the dems will just do this again, if given the chance. Deterrence needs to be instituted. The long arm of the law needs to come down and swat a few of them around so they will realize that two can play at this game and if you play the game, it will be played on them. They need to see that the repubs are through letting bygones be bygone.

Especially when I watched Hannity's interview with Trump last night. Hannity specifically asked point blank if it was Trump's intention to use his presidential powers to go after those who have persecuted/prosecuted him for the last four+ years. And he uncategorically replied that sort of thing has to stop. We cannot keep weaponizing government against political opponents no matter how evil or how much they deserve it.
He is lying, as usual. God only knows what he is scheming, he is dangerously stupid, reckless, and unpredictable.

Nope, trump needs to ride into Washington on a horse named vengeance. He needs to come in with the intention of cleaning house.

If you try to take the high road, the dems will just do this again, if given the chance. Deterrence needs to be instituted. The long arm of the law needs to come down and swat a few of them around so they will realize that two can play at this game and if you play the game, it will be played on them. They need to see that the repubs are through letting bygones be bygone.
It isn't a matter of 'cleaning house' of people who hate him. It is a matter of not weaponizing the government against political opposition. Trump is adamant that he has no intention of doing the latter. He will expect the federal law be used against those who break it in ways it is appropriate for the feds to take action.

As Tevye noted in Fiddler on the Roof when the angry Jews evicted by the Tzars demanded an 'eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth': "Very good. And that way the whole world will be blind and toothless."

Trump is quite right that this has to stop and it might as well stop with him so that we do not have this kind of chaos and weaponization of government from now into perpetuity.

And THAT my friend, is an example of pure statesmanship.

It isn't a matter of 'cleaning house' of people who hate him. It is a matter of not weaponizing the government against political opposition. Trump is adamant that he has no intention of doing the latter. He will expect the federal law be used against those who break it in ways it is appropriate for the feds to take action.

As Tevye noted in Fiddler on the Roof when the angry Jews evicted by the Tzars demanded an 'eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth': "Very good. And that way the whole world will be blind and toothless."

Trump is quite right that this has to stop and it might as well stop with him so that we do not have this kind of chaos and weaponization of government from now into perpetuity.

might as well stop with him so that we do not have this kind of chaos and weaponization of government from now into perpetuity.

That’s the problem, the left would just LOVE for the repubs to say “ooookaaay..you got us, that was a good one on your part, but we need to stop this now and move forward”. I’m sure the dems would simply love to know they could take this kind of action, and simply ride off into the sunset, knowing that they got away with it.

That’s not how it would work, because for 9 years now, they have been going after their political opponent, and if the notion ever struck them, they would surely do it again.

So no, there’s no being a statesman when one side keep poking you in the eye. Sometimes, you have to stand up and let them know you’re not going to take it anymore and actually give them a taste of their own medicine.

Hopefully if they see that the repubs are not going to put up with it any more, the dems will stop poking the repubs in the eye..THEN we can all be statesmen.

How irresponsible, and unhinged can you get?!!
You'll have to watch and listen to the video to hear it.

How stupid and gullible are Democrats to listen to such fantasy? Then again, we are taking of the shared mindset that is telling Blacks that they will not only be put in chains if they don’t vote Democrat, but they will no longer be Black.

Seriously, do any Democrats believe this shit?

The democrat party is like the bully that slaps your head from behind they don't stop until you turn around and throat punch them.

That’s the problem, the left would just LOVE for the repubs to say “ooookaaay..you got us, that was a good one on your part, but we need to stop this now and move forward”. I’m sure the dems would simply love to know they could take this kind of action, and simply ride off into the sunset, knowing that they got away with it.

That’s not how it would work, because for 9 years now, they have been going after their political opponent, and if the notion ever struck them, they would surely do it again.

So no, there’s no being a statesman when one side keep poking you in the eye. Sometimes, you have to stand up and let them know you’re not going to take it anymore and actually give them a taste of their own medicine.

Hopefully if they see that the repubs are not going to put up with it any more, the dems will stop poking the repubs in the eye..THEN we can all be statesmen.
And so we retaliate, offend enough people in the process who will see us as no better than them, and we lose the House or Senate on the next vote and the White House in 2028. And the Democrats will be loaded for bear to do even worse than they are doing now. And they will claim justification to do away with the EC and pack the SCOTUS with radical leftists and we lose our country.

How about showing the people what real statesmanship and good government is and hope they respond to that sufficiently that the Democrats won't have ANY support or tolerance for their bad acts?

Sure I think real justice would be Pelosi, Schumer, deep state operatives suffering ramifications for their bad acts but the Founders intended for their constituents to do that and not a weaponized White House. It's up to us to elect reformers to Congress and the White House and that will be Republicans, not Democrats even though we get a bad apple here and there. I won't put that on President Trump who knows retaliation would be a huge waste of time and money and would have far reaching destructive effect. He wants to fix what's broken and that will be harder to do with all the focus on getting even.

The worst punishment we can give them is to elect Donald Trump President and give him a strong GOP majority in Congress.

The democrat party is like the bully that slaps your head from behind they don't stop until you turn around and throat punch them.
I won't expect President Trump or the Republicans to retaliate against the Democrats if we can put them back in power. That would accomplish nothing but provide temporary satisfaction to angry Patriots but would have long far reaching negative consequences.

I will expect them to pass and sign into law solid measures to correct the evils the Democrats do to make it much harder for them to cheat or do bad acts. I will expect them to do what they can to fix what is broken and restore the country to what it was intended to be as much as they can. That will be the best punishment for them and won't hurt the country more.

Trump is always lying. People should no longer even mention it, only mention when he tells the truth, which is indeed worthy of mention because it happens so rarely.
And you cannot tell if Joe is lying.

Creative Destruction

Julius Caesar's uncles, Marius and Sulla, cleaned house (proscription) when they were in power. But when Caesar himself became dictator, he refused to do that, which enabled his assassination by those he had given amnesty to.

After Rome became an autocracy, its empire lasted for another 500 years, 1500 years if you count the Eastern Empire.

Forum List

Back