Chris Sununu bashes both Trump and DeSantis. Does he have a point w/ the latter RE Disney?

The Disney corporation had a special status in Florida. Basically they're their own self-contained city, with the right to make their own laws and raise taxes. DeSantis revoked that status when Disney opposed his anti-woke law.

What it's gonna do is stick the towns and cities surrounding Disney with footing the bill for just about all the public services that the Disney Corp handles right now as a private self-governing entity.

DeSantis is a moron.

This is not spin. It's fact. While this may play to the snowbirds and the deeply religious Hispanics at first, it will eventually turn and it will cost Florida business.

A funny aside note from last night's Superbowl. At the very end, when the game is over they always pre-tape those sappy "When You Wish Upon a Star" spots that highlights trips to Disney after the well known players win a big game.
It was subtle, but I picked up on it right away. Mahomes said Disneyland (California), not Disney World (Florida). First time in a long time I've not heard Disney World uttered when they asked "What you gonna do now?" :auiqs.jpg:

Youch...the middle finger to DeSantis.
When I heard it i thought what if mahomes was not bought and paid for?

He could have said “i’m NOT GOING TO DISNEY ANYWHERE”

Disney is a big deal but so is Florida

Dont let the mouse scare you

When I heard it i thought what if mahomes was not bought and paid for?

He could have said “i’m NOT GOING TO DISNEY ANYWHERE”

Disney is a big deal but so is Florida

Dont let the mouse scare you
It's always a conspiracy theory with you people, isn't it? Everything unpleasant can be explained away. :)
No wonder your belief system and ideology are being rejected.

Gates was apolitical till the clinton apparatus started attacking him

The result was that gates became bery political and has been ever since
I asked for details, and you really don't have anything.

We have a very direct connection between what Disney said and what DeSantis did.

You have some fuzzy conection between some kind of "attack" and some kind of "political" thereafter. It doesn't really even make sense let alone be anything similar to what happened in Florida.

Disney has a right to influence politics. In this country, we should be able to exercise our rights without fear of pushback from government. That pushback is actually the weaponization of government.

Gates was apolitical till the clinton apparatus started attacking him

The result was that gates became bery political and has been ever since
Clinton did not attack Gates.
The DOJ targeted Microsoft as a corporation because they felt they had a monopoly on their Internet browser by bundling it for free with their Windows 95/98 operating system.
They felt it was unfair competition against independent browsers like Netscape and Alta-Vista that you might pay for.

Ironically, Apple was one of the biggest companies calling for an investigation into Microsoft's business practices.
Today..well...shoe..meet the other foot. :)

Last edited:
This is not spin. It's fact. While this may play to the snowbirds and the deeply religious Hispanics at first, it will eventually turn and it will cost Florida business.
I get the impression that you are hoping they will turn

Clinton did not attack Gates.
The DOJ targeted Microsoft as a corporation because they felt they had a monopoly on their Internet browser by bundling it for free with their Windows 95/98 operating system.
They felt it was unfair competition against independent browsers like Netscape and Alta-Vista that you might pay for.

Ironically, Apple was one of the biggest companies calling for an investigation into Microsoft's business practices.
Today..well...shoe..meet the other foot. :)
The DOJ and Janet Reno were clinton, body and soul

I asked for details, and you really don't have anything.

We have a very direct connection between what Disney said and what DeSantis did.

You have some fuzzy conection between some kind of "attack" and some kind of "political" thereafter. It doesn't really even make sense let alone be anything similar to what happened in Florida.

Disney has a right to influence politics. In this country, we should be able to exercise our rights without fear of pushback from government. That pushback is actually the weaponization of government.
That was a long time ago and I wont waste my time satisfying your curiosity

DeSantis is willing to weaponize government for political purposes. That's what this shows.
interesting..he’s not the one currently under investigation. for that…xiden and the demafasict are though

The DOJ and Janet Reno were clinton, body and soul
No. They weren't. The good old days (that we have back) of separation of powers. There's only been one President who has personally used the DOJ for his personal attack dog and weaponized it.

I'll give you three guesses who that was, and the first two are wrong. :)

It doesnt take a conservative to figure out that mahomes was paid to hype disney
Uh...last I looked Disney World was the crown jewel of the Disney empire's parks. Disneyland is the OGP, but it's not the one everyone mentions.

That snub was intentional. That was a giant middle finger to Ron DeSantis.

No. They weren't. The good old days (that we have back) of separation of powers. There's only been one President who has personally used the DOJ for his personal attack dog and weaponized it.

I'll give you three guesses who that was, and the first two are wrong. :)
You mean Mr body oder himself the mau mau from kenya

Uh...last I looked Disney World was the crown jewel of the Disney empire's parks. Disneyland is the OGP, but it's not the one everyone mentions.

That snub was intentional. That was a giant middle finger to Ron DeSantis.
I hadnt thought of that but you could be right

That disney, thinking all the time

In my opinion sununu will never get the nomination

But you don't think he and Larry Hogan would make a killer ticket?

What about Sununu/Romney?

Or, even better: Sununu/Kinzinger

Screw it, let's go all in: Cheney/Kinzinger or bust!!!!!

*snicker*

interesting..he’s not the one currently under investigation. for that…xiden and the demafasict are though
Authoritarian thugs don’t investigate themselves.

What DeSantis did is a far clearer example of the weaponization of government than anything Jim Jordan could ever dream up.

That was a long time ago and I wont waste my time satisfying your curiosity
It seems that your allegation lacks factual substance.

The thing about DeSantis is that it’s just so transparent. You yourself said that Disney is facing “pushback” for doing nothing more than exercising their constitutional rights.

I don't know the details on the situation btwn DeS and Disney. Anyone here familiar w/ that one? Please inform the rest of us. But I never thought of it as punishing disney for being woke... If that is what DeS is doing... well, I have several thoughts on that but first I have to find out what the details are on how DeS is punishing (not my word) Disney..

In any case, I saw Sununu on Fox some time ago and boy, did he get on my nerves. For one thing, he criticizes Trump too damn much... but that perpetual smile he has... OMG... What the hell is there to smile about these days?

He comes across as smug and ambitious for the presidency. I pray it is Trump or DeSantis who gets the nomination, not that dude... annoying as hell

He didn't punish Disney. At all in any way, shape or form.

Disney was given special privileges in Florida other corporations don't have and he left them completely alone until they attacked him with incorrect information and mislabeling his bill as "don't say gay" bill when his bill was simply about protecting school kids and never once said gay or that you couldn't talk about it, it discriminated against no one.

Then Disney increased their stance and desantis simply took away their special privileges and made them as equals as any other company in Florida. He didn't punish them, he made them equal and to people like Disney being treated on a level field to them is being punished.

Forum List

Back