Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

No..the baker was not forced to do anything accept treat all their customers equally under the PA laws they agreed to in getting a business license.

Those bakers had never before make a same-sex wedding cake. Now they're forced to do so. I disagree with this law but I expect said bakers to abide by the law. I take it you don't have any issue with sanctuary cities ignoring federal immigration laws. Is that right?

Bodeka?
sorry, was gone for awhile...I am totally against the concept of "sanctuary cities" if that is what you are asking....they are idiots ignoring federal immigration law.

One difference I see. Is that the gay coffee owner is actually denying service.

But the baker didn't deny service, he would have sold them any cake they wanted, until they made a statement against his beliefs.
The couple never made a statement against the cake bakers' beliefs....quite the opposite...the cake baker husband decided to harangue the couple and then dox them on Facebook.

Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

Gay coffee shop owner boots out pro-life Christians, refusing them service.

Well, it's time to put these motherfuckers out of business!!!
This is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong.

This also fails as a false comparison fallacy.

The patrons were asked to leave because of their advocacy of hate and intolerance, not because of their religion.

Consequently, there is no ‘violation’ of any public accommodations law.

Indeed, the vast majority of the coffee shop’s patrons are likely Christian, where the shop has no policy of denying service to those who are Christian.

That’s not the same as a bigoted Christian store owner denying service to gay patrons for no other reason than being gay, as part of the store’s established policy to discriminate against gay patrons, which would violate public accommodations laws.

I'll try to find what i read....could be wrong, maybe they didn't. Not that it's germane or has any bearing on the legal arguments... I was just offering it as an idea that helped set the guy off.

That's ok. The graphic abortion poster did set the guy off, but the group said they didn't bring it in the shop...per video...the shop owner didn't say he found it in his shop. But you're right, it only matters for context and accuracy.

Because the activists were placing them in his business.

Ummm...no, they weren't.
Statements by the coffee shop claim otherwise.

Ok - quote them.
I a more recent write up I just saw, the activists said they did not hand out/place anything in the coffee shop.
Then how did he know their religious beliefs?
There was a customer at our local diner for a time who would sit about middle of the restaurant and speak of scripture and Christ's love and God's wrath and on and on in a BOOMING voice that carried throughout the restaurant. She was pretending to have a conversation with the others at her table. It was a sermon to all in the place. I believe she was invited to not return for disturbing the other diners, but it took awhile.
Maybe one or some of them were doing something like that.

Because the activists were placing them in his business.

Ummm...no, they weren't.
Statements by the coffee shop claim otherwise.

Ok - quote them.
I a more recent write up I just saw, the activists said they did not hand out/place anything in the coffee shop.
And....:rolleyes:...we should take their word for it...even tho the shop owner has one of their "pamphlets" in his hands....wonder how he got it...................

My response----it seems to me that a store owner has a right to eject people who enter their premises for the purpose of proselytizing

The article didn't state that they were "proselytizing" in the coffee shop. If they were, I would agree with you. If not, then it seems pretty intolerant.
Property owners have the right to ask anyone to leave, provided that reason doesn’t violate Federal, state, or local public accommodations law – such as race, religion, or sexual orientation.

Forum List

Back