Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

My conclusion is these people are stupid, hateful cultists . No video required. Just a bunch of do nothing fucksticks who are only engaging in their faux activism to feel self righteous.

Oh com'on - watch the video - nothing to lose but your delusions...painful as that may be. :p

As badly as the shop owner behaved, as foul as the language was, as calm and non confrontational as the group was - I still support his right to refuse them service. Go figure...must be a conservative trait. ;)
Again, not basing my last comment on the video, as I said. I am just judging them for the losers they are.

If the baker refuses to bake wedding cakes for all sinners, such as adulterers, thieves, liars and blashphemers, all of which are mentioned in the 10 Commandments, then I'd have no issue with them refusing gays.

Does the Christian baker normally make cakes celebrating adultery, thievery, lying and blaspheming?

Unless they are screening all wedding customers, yes, they are. If you have to be a morally righteous person to get a wedding cake, then that should apply to all sinners, especially those who violate the 10 Commandments since those laws came down from God Himself.

If they bake cakes for divorced people who remarry, that's classed as adultery in the Bible. Fundamentalists don't recognize second marriages unless the original spouse is deceased.

Unless they attend church, they're not keeping the Sabbath holy. God doesn't even mention homosexuality in his Top 10 list but so-called Christian bakers have taken it upon themselves to single out this one sin as being so vile, so deadly, so wrong, that they can't even sell a cake to those sinners.

why not, why not ask to check under their skirts to make sure its a woman and to ask the couple if any had been married before and why they got a divorce. Also check for a penis.

You need to get a grip. It's pretty clear that it's a same-sex marriage when they ask for two groomsmen on the cake.

But we'll see.

My guess is the liberal city of Seattle will let this one slide, motherfuckers that they are.

The motherfuckers were the zealot Christians.

So? While I personally think that any business should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason, if states are going to pass laws mandating Christian businesses cater to gays, how can you, in turn, not force gay owned businesses to serve Christians? You can't have it both ways. That would very much make YOU the bigot.

See why maybe it's not the greatest idea to have the government involved in people's personal business?

Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

Gay coffee shop owner boots out pro-life Christians, refusing them service.

Well, it's time to put these motherfuckers out of business!!!

Good they are an obnoxious bunch. No its time to kick these zealots out. Move to Saudi Arabia, you can get all the preaching you want there.
How do you feel about the christian bakers who refuse to bake a gay wedding cake?
Individuals are at liberty to ‘feel’ whatever they want, including Christian bakers.

But if those Christian bakers own a business in a jurisdiction whose public accommodations law prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, then they’ll accommodate gay patrons, free to hate the gay patrons while accommodating them.

But we'll see.

My guess is the liberal city of Seattle will let this one slide, motherfuckers that they are.

The motherfuckers were the zealot Christians.

So? While I personally think that any business should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason, if states are going to pass laws mandating Christian businesses cater to gays, how can you, in turn, not force gay owned businesses to serve Christians? You can't have it both ways. That would very much make YOU the bigot.

See why maybe it's not the greatest idea to have the government involved in people's personal business?
Of COURSE they can have it both ways.

They're illiberal leftist authoritarians.

My response----it seems to me that a store owner has a right to eject people who enter their premises for the purpose of proselytizing

The article didn't state that they were "proselytizing" in the coffee shop. If they were, I would agree with you. If not, then it seems pretty intolerant.

If they were carrying signs, banners or literature, he'd know what they were and yes, I'd refuse them service as well. Those pictures of abortions they so proudly display would be the reason why. People don't want or need to see that with their coffee.

Those abortion pics are disgusting, I dont think there is ever a need to see that.

they are used for SHOCK VALUE-----a picture or footage of
a TONSILLECTOMY would look just as gross. Have you ever seen anyone get an NG tube inserted? ----naso-gastric tube----a rubber tube introduced into the nostril and----threaded into the esophagus and down into the stomach.
IT LOOKS LIKE TORTURE -----and some jerks actually filmed
the procedure in a jail to "PROVE" that prisoners were being
TORTURED. Jerks will be Jerks

Ive inserted NG tubes. I know how awful some medical procedures look. Shock value ( from what Ive seen) drives people away and the point trying to be made is lost.

Again, not basing my last comment on the video, as I said. I am just judging them for the losers they are.

What?!?...a judgmental leftist...facts not withstanding...how unusual. :up:
Of course the judgment is based on facts, those facts being their activist positions. Would you like to defend them? And your goofy "leftist" stuff is ridiculous. Let's try to remember why we had to institute laws to protect gay people in the first place.

Yes, I am judging their positions and them for taking them. They chose the positions.

I notice some hateful liberals here complaining about hatred.

Good they are an obnoxious bunch. No its time to kick these zealots out. Move to Saudi Arabia, you can get all the preaching you want there.
How do you feel about the christian bakers who refuse to bake a gay wedding cake?

Close their shop, its none of their business to serve (in their mind) one sinner over another. Maybe they bake one for a trans couple but can't tell. Maybe they bake one for a serial rapist or pedophile. Close their door.

Are they making cakes celebrating rape and pedophilia?

This is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong.

This also fails as a false comparison fallacy.

The patrons were asked to leave because of their advocacy of hate and intolerance, not because of their religion.

Consequently, there is no ‘violation’ of any public accommodations law.

Indeed, the vast majority of the coffee shop’s patrons are likely Christian, where the shop has no policy of denying service to those who are Christian.

That’s not the same as a bigoted Christian store owner denying service to gay patrons for no other reason than being gay, as part of the store’s established policy to discriminate against gay patrons, which would violate public accommodations laws.

If they were disrupting the coffee shops business the owners had every right to kick them out.
If these guys were kicked out because they advocate something these owners don't like...that cant be legal.

why not, why not ask to check under their skirts to make sure its a woman and to ask the couple if any had been married before and why they got a divorce. Also check for a penis.

You need to get a grip. It's pretty clear that it's a same-sex marriage when they ask for two groomsmen on the cake.
They didn't ask for anything on top of the cake.

Close their shop, its none of their business to serve (in their mind) one sinner over another. Maybe they bake one for a trans couple but can't tell. Maybe they bake one for a serial rapist or pedophile. Close their door.

They might be, and cake bakers do not need to celebrate a wedding. If you think one sin is better than another then you must might be God, and cake bakers are not Gods. Heck they might be a pedophile or a rapist, no one knows. Imagine having a serial rapist bake your cake.

Both those things are illegal, you know. However that being said...what does a rape or pedophilia cake look like?

This fails as a red herring fallacy.

Forum List

Back