Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

Because the activists were placing them in his business.

Ummm...no, they weren't.
Statements by the coffee shop claim otherwise.

Ok - quote them.
I a more recent write up I just saw, the activists said they did not hand out/place anything in the coffee shop.
And....:rolleyes:...we should take their word for it...even tho the shop owner has one of their "pamphlets" in his hands....wonder how he got it...................
They could have posted it right out front.

Ummm...no, they weren't.

Ok - quote them.
I a more recent write up I just saw, the activists said they did not hand out/place anything in the coffee shop.
And....:rolleyes:...we should take their word for it...even tho the shop owner has one of their "pamphlets" in his hands....wonder how he got it...................
You as a business owner would find that acceptable?

Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

Gay coffee shop owner boots out pro-life Christians, refusing them service.

Well, it's time to put these motherfuckers out of business!!!
I'm not sure what the problem is. If you stand up and say that gays cannot force a baker to serve a gay couple, how is it you have a problem with a gay not serving a straight person?

I support the right of business owners to refuse to do business with people, for any reason the choose.

The issue isn't serving a gay couple. The issue is when you ask a baker to be a part of something that they consider sinful, such as same-sex marriage. After all, I've never heard of a baker refusing to make a birthday cake for a gay person.
Wrong.

The issue remains refusing to serve a gay couple in violation of public accommodations law – where to accommodate a gay couple neither ‘violates’ Christian doctrine and dogma nor ‘violates’ the property owner’s religious liberty. (Employment Division v. Smith (1990))

Of course, this guy's actions really pumped up these do nothing haters. They love nothing more than seeing themselves as "persecuted". I'm sure they had a little group voodoo chant meeting afterwards, asking their cult spirit for strength in the face of constant oppression.

Ok - quote them.
You as a business owner would find that acceptable?
No, I would have tossed them out on their asses. Good for him.

Ummm...no, they weren't.

Ok - quote them.

Yes, they could have. Speculation, but the owner approached the group from another room at the back of the shop with it in his hand. Maybe one of the two men behind him brought it in to show him. Who knows. All we have is the video, and not all of the audio is clear.

Ok - quote them.

Yes, they could have. Speculation, but the owner approached the group from another room at the back of the shop with it in his hand. Maybe one of the two men behind him brought it in to show him. Who knows. All we have is the video, and not all of the audio is clear.
What a surprise....just enough video for the pamphlet spreaders to look the innocent victims.

I'm not sure what the problem is. If you stand up and say that gays cannot force a baker to serve a gay couple, how is it you have a problem with a gay not serving a straight person?

I support the right of business owners to refuse to do business with people, for any reason the choose.

The issue isn't serving a gay couple. The issue is when you ask a baker to be a part of something that they consider sinful, such as same-sex marriage. After all, I've never heard of a baker refusing to make a birthday cake for a gay person.

why not, why not ask to check under their skirts to make sure its a woman and to ask the couple if any had been married before and why they got a divorce. Also check for a penis.

you know if we really turned into a Christian nation as portrayed in the NT, the Christians would be the first to leave.

I have yet to see one eyed , one handed Christian walking about, Trump should be a blind man with fake eyes.

Ok - quote them.

What a surprise....just enough video for the pamphlet spreaders to look the innocent victims.

Why don't you listen to the video and draw your own conclusions...usually safer than jumping to them.

Why don't you listen to the video and draw your own conclusions...usually safer than jumping to them.
My conclusion is these people are stupid, hateful cultists . No video required. Just a bunch of do nothing fucksticks who are only engaging in their faux activism to feel self righteous.

Homosexual leftist media is trying to run our nation. Time to say "enough."
And...saying "enough" is the extent of what you will be doing?
So putting your mouth around another guy's unit...that's a civil rights issue?

By forcing the owner to serve them coffee, the owner has indeed become a part of their pro-life protest.

Is not analogous.

So if I read on Facebook that you support something I oppose and you walk into my restaurant with a group of friends, you would be fine if I kicked you out, right?

They were handing out the flyers all over the city. Near enough to this coffee shop for the owner to have one his hand. By serving them, he has become a part their protest. Just like baking a cake for queers make one apart of their wedding.

Just for the record, I believe the coffee shop owner is well within his rights to boot those folks, even though they were NOT engaged in activism inside of his business. Folks like you, other other hand, believe that a Christian baker should be required and forced by government to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple in spite of his legitimate, religious objections. This is where you are being hypocritical.
At least you’re consistent at being ignorant and wrong.

Public accommodations laws are perfectly appropriate and Constitutional, consistent with Commerce Clause jurisprudence.

No one is being ‘forced’ to do anything; business owners are subject to all manner of necessary and proper regulatory measures – public accommodations laws prohibiting discrimination against certain classes of persons among them.

And the courts – including the Supreme Court – have consistently held that religious beliefs are not justification to ignore or violate necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory legislation.

Consequently, there is no ‘hypocrisy.’

Homosexual leftist media is trying to run our nation. Time to say "enough."
And...saying "enough" is the extent of what you will be doing?
So putting your mouth around another guy's unit...that's a civil rights issue?
Only because the bigots made it one. That's the thing you guys really need to get through your heads.

Good they are an obnoxious bunch. No its time to kick these zealots out. Move to Saudi Arabia, you can get all the preaching you want there.
How do you feel about the christian bakers who refuse to bake a gay wedding cake?

This is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong.

This also fails as a false comparison fallacy.

The patrons were asked to leave because of their advocacy of hate and intolerance, not because of their religion.

Consequently, there is no ‘violation’ of any public accommodations law.

Indeed, the vast majority of the coffee shop’s patrons are likely Christian, where the shop has no policy of denying service to those who are Christian.

That’s not the same as a bigoted Christian store owner denying service to gay patrons for no other reason than being gay, as part of the store’s established policy to discriminate against gay patrons, which would violate public accommodations laws.

There's a lot of bullshit in this response.

Good they are an obnoxious bunch. No its time to kick these zealots out. Move to Saudi Arabia, you can get all the preaching you want there.
How do you feel about the christian bakers who refuse to bake a gay wedding cake?

Close their shop, its none of their business to serve (in their mind) one sinner over another. Maybe they bake one for a trans couple but can't tell. Maybe they bake one for a serial rapist or pedophile. Close their door.

My conclusion is these people are stupid, hateful cultists . No video required. Just a bunch of do nothing fucksticks who are only engaging in their faux activism to feel self righteous.

Oh com'on - watch the video - nothing to lose but your delusions...painful as that may be. :p

As badly as the shop owner behaved, as foul as the language was, as calm and non confrontational as the group was - I still support his right to refuse them service. Go figure...must be a conservative trait. ;)

Forum List

Back