Christian bakers who refused to make cake for homosexual "wedding" break gag order

1. No it didn't.

2. You are mistaken.
2. No she isn't. Read Leviticus and Romans.
Libs are so wrong.
Who cares about the bible....we are talking secular law.
Those secular laws are mans laws. Man is flawed. The Bible is truth.

The Bible is interpreted by man. Man is flawed. As demonstrated by all the different sects of Christianity. And that's just one book. There are all sorts of other faiths, all sorts of other books. And most faiths are mutually exclusive. It can't be Jesus AND the greek pantheon of gods.

Which means that if one faith is right, all the others have to be wrong. Meaning, at best, at the absolute *best*, your process virtually always produces false results. With it entirely possible that *no* one got it right.

As god isn't here to break ties to tell us who got it right. Or if anyone did. Its just us. And we're flawed.
You are right The Bible is correct and others are wrong. One God, God of the Bible, period.
Prove it.

1. No it didn't.

2. You are mistaken.
Libs are so wrong.
bible-contradictions.png
Wrong again.
Those are bible verses. You think they are wrong?

No contradiction, here.

God gave one set of laws to Noah and his immediate descendants. He gave a fuller law, many generations later, to the Israelites, through Moses. When Jesus came, he gave us a higher law than that given through Moses.

God certainly has the authority, to give somewhat different laws to people in different times, according to their differing needs, circumstances, and abilities.
Mental gymnastics may help you justify your beliefs to yourself and I wish you the best with that. But it's a poor argument.

This isn't a 'liberal/Conservative' thing. THe justice I'm quoting that explicitly contradicts the 'religion trumps civil law' meme is Justice Scalia. Arguably the most conservative justice on the court until his passing. This is well established in our system of law. And frankly, should be.

As 'free excercise' doesn't mean immunity to any law you disagree with. If it did, we'd be 'courting anarchy', as Scalia put it. As religion is so diverse and the standard of 'religious belief' so utterly subjective that virtually all law would be voluntary. Its essentially a religiously based 'Sovereign Citizen' argument.

Worse, faux 'religious liberty' Christians don't think this through. If religious belief alone allows Christians to be exempted from any law they disagree with......the same is true of any religious person. Sharia law is suddenly elevated as supreme over all US civil law. With any Muslim being the sole arbiter of whether or not any US law applies to them.

Oh, and I love your handle. Its hilarious!
In the past, I have been on the side of the Christian baker. I don't think they should be compelled to make or decorate a specific cake that would somehow violate their religion. What I would like to know is how the wedding cake for the gay couple would be any different than the cakes made for heterosexual couples. Did the lesbians want two brides on top of the cake? I believe the baker should have the final artistic control the cakes she decorates and thus be able to deny to make cakes decorated in a manner she finds offensive.

On the other hand, if the wedding cake for the lesbian couple was not different than a wedding cake for a straight couple, then the baker should have made the cake. Suposely, they had no problem selling off the shelf baked goods to the couple for a while. Its just a cake damnit!

Did they refuse to sell apple pies to teenage boys (ref. The movie American Pie)
If it didn't matter, then the gay couple could have bought any cake off the shelf and called it a wedding cake.

I go to a Muslim owned bakery in Westwood. I've been in there when a gay couple tried to order a wedding cake and got told to choose any cake on the shelf.
Traditional couples usually special order wedding cakes.
The gay couple tried to special order a cake. The bakery doesn't do special orders. Just take one off the shelf.

The bakery does special orders, just not for everyone who walks in the door. Special orders for special people.

It's funny that anyone believes Tipsy and his mythical muslim baker.
Someone went to a number of muslim bakeries trying to get a wedding cake for a same sex wedding and got thrown out. That was filmed. Meanwhile if anyone wants to go to Paris bakery on Westwood Blvd they can buy a nice cake right off the shelf.

I do think the fine charged against the bakers was excessive.
The fines are supposed to be high enough that Christian businesses are put out of business. It's a nicer way of getting rid of Christians than beheading them but the principle is the same.

In the past, I have been on the side of the Christian baker. I don't think they should be compelled to make or decorate a specific cake that would somehow violate their religion. What I would like to know is how the wedding cake for the gay couple would be any different than the cakes made for heterosexual couples. Did the lesbians want two brides on top of the cake? I believe the baker should have the final artistic control the cakes she decorates and thus be able to deny to make cakes decorated in a manner she finds offensive.

On the other hand, if the wedding cake for the lesbian couple was not different than a wedding cake for a straight couple, then the baker should have made the cake. Suposely, they had no problem selling off the shelf baked goods to the couple for a while. Its just a cake damnit!

Did they refuse to sell apple pies to teenage boys (ref. The movie American Pie)
If it didn't matter, then the gay couple could have bought any cake off the shelf and called it a wedding cake.

I go to a Muslim owned bakery in Westwood. I've been in there when a gay couple tried to order a wedding cake and got told to choose any cake on the shelf.
The gay couple tried to special order a cake. The bakery doesn't do special orders. Just take one off the shelf.

The bakery does special orders, just not for everyone who walks in the door. Special orders for special people.

Someone went to a number of muslim bakeries trying to get a wedding cake for a same sex wedding and got thrown out. That was filmed. Meanwhile if anyone wants to go to Paris bakery on Westwood Blvd they can buy a nice cake right off the shelf.
Wrong.

Someone went to a number of Muslim bakeries in Michigan, where that state's public accommodations law lacks a provision for sexual orientation.

Consequently this fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Michigan has freedom of religion, nowhere else?

Sorry but no one has to make cakes. A sign saying "we do not make specialty cakes" should do just fine.

Wrong.

Someone went to a number of Muslim bakeries in Michigan, where that state's public accommodations law lacks a provision for sexual orientation.

Actually, the doofus comedian who filmed that admitted not one Muslim bakery refused him.

Gays have no choice in their sexuality

Religious people have a choice in which religion they have. If your religion says don't bake cakes for gays, choose another one

Easy isn't it?
Really? Anne Heche has no choice in her sexuality eh?

Prove it. The burden is upon you. You don't get to armchair diagnose and then impose that diagnosis on the rest of society by damaging the Constitution, and by extension, the Republic itself...
Your religion is a choice you made.....looks like you made a bad choice

Do you remember ever making a choice to be straight? Could you be gay if you wanted to?
The whole point of normalcy is that you don't choose it; it's just the way it is. Gay is, by default, a choice. Normal people should not be forced to do business with people who are not normal. See the difference?

Business people should not be forced to do business with people who are not "normal"?

Short people
People in wheel chairs
the blind
Fucking bigoted assholes

Last edited:
The law in Oregon did not violate the constitution.

Further the bible says nothing about homosexuality.

1. Yes it did: the 1st and 14th Amendments.

2. Yes it does: Romans 1 and most particularly Jude 1 of the New Testament. And very specific things said too; especially about allowing the phenomenon of a homosexual cult to spread throughout God's normal and moral heterosexual societies...
1. No it didn't.

2. You are mistaken.
Libs are so wrong.
Yes he is. Leviticus says nothing about it nor Romans. I'm not really liberal.
Leviticus 18 verse 22, read it to know you are wrong.
Libs are so wrong.
bible-contradictions.png
Wrong again.
when taken out of context to support lies they are used incorrectly. The retard who posted them is wrong.

Wrong.

^^^^This fails as composition fallacy

I've posted this about, I dunno five or six times by now. This is very old news.

Wrong.

Heh. I thought I'd seen you spam-botting that line a bit aggressively, spouting it like a kid with a new toy, go vroom vroom - a poor response without actually addressing the issue --

So for shits and giggles, I did a search, just this month, "This fails as composition fallacy" (and nothing more) has been vroom vroomed by the def-con 22 times this month (there's more pages beyond that...)

You should goferit 7 more times today to make it a leap day trophy. :lol:

1. Post
    Christian bakers who refused to make cake for homosexual "wedding" break gag order
    Post by: defcon4, 3 minutes ago in forum: Current Events

2. Post
    Why I Left the Right: How Studying Religion Made Me a Liberal
    ^^^fails as composition fallacy
    Post by: defcon4, Yesterday at 11:36 PM in forum: Politics

3. Post
    What Kind of Person is Supporting Trump?
    ^^^this fails as composition fallacy
    Post by: defcon4, Saturday at 6:20 PM in forum: Politics

4. Post
    ^^^^^^Fails as composition fallacy
    Post by: defcon4, Saturday at 1:10 PM in forum: Current Events

5. Post
    Major editorial boards condemn Trump
    ^^^^fails as composition fallacy
    Post by: defcon4, Thursday at 1:05 PM in forum: Election Forums

6. Post
    With Liberty, and Justice for Straight, White, Male Property Owners.
    Post by: defcon4, Wednesday at 11:05 PM in forum: Politics

7. Post
    Is the Fix in For Hillary?
    ^^^^^fails a composition fallacy
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 21, 2016 in forum: The Flame Zone

8. Post
    List Of Idiots Who Think Obama Had Scalia Killed
    ^^^^fails a composition fallacy.
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 15, 2016 in forum: The Flame Zone

9. Post
    ^^^^^this is composition fallacy

10. Post
    Scalia question
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 14, 2016 in forum: Current Events

11. Post
    Putin's Can Of "Whoop Ass"
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 14, 2016 in forum: Politics

12. Post
    Scalia question
    ^^^^^ fails as composition fallacy....

13. Post
    Contumacious, senile or retarded
    ^^^^^this fails as composition fallacy
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 14, 2016 in forum: The Flame Zone

14. Post
    Oral and Anal Sex Outlawed
    This fails as composition fallacy
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 10, 2016 in forum: The Flame Zone

15. Post
    Failing as composition fallacy
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 9, 2016 in forum: The Flame Zone

16. Post
    My Chancellor "Send Them All Back"
    Fails, this is composition fallacy...
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 9, 2016 in forum: Current Events

17. Post
    THE DEVIL’S PLEASURE PALACE
    Fails as this is a composition fallacy...
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 9, 2016 in forum: Reviews

18. Post
    Stop Bashing God - Take it up with Me Instead
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 8, 2016 in forum: USMB Badlands

19. Post
    Trumps Latest Exhibit of Presidentiality
    ...this is composition fallacy...
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 8, 2016 in forum: Current Events

20. Post
    Denver super bowl win is racist
    ...this fails as composition fallacy
    Post by: defcon4, Feb 8, 2016 in forum: The Flame Zone

1. Post
      We need more Tank & bucs90 race-baiting threads in Current Events!!!
      This fails as composition fallacy...

2. Post
      Erasing History
      This fails as a composition fallacy
      Post by: defcon4, Feb 7, 2016 in forum: Current Events

Simply not true. AKA a lie.

I've posted this about, I dunno five or six times by now. This is very old news.

Wrong.

Heh. I thought I'd seen you spam-botting that line a bit aggressively, spouting it like a kid with a new toy, go vroom vroom - a poor response without actually addressing the issue --

So for shits and giggles, I did a search, just this month, "This fails as composition fallacy" (and nothing more) has been vroom vroomed by the def-con 22 times this month (there's more pages beyond that...)

1. Post

2. Post

3. Post

4. Post

5. Post

6. Post

7. Post

8. Post

9. Post

10. Post
    Scalia question

11. Post

12. Post
    Scalia question

13. Post

14. Post

15. Post

16. Post

17. Post

18. Post

19. Post

20. Post

1. Post

2. Post
      Erasing History
It is what it is.... if it is a composition fallacy then what else could be said about it? Thank you for your concern Clayton.... uhmm....Peperview.... just skip it if it bothers you... it is not offensive language it is an observation. I could answer to nonsense with "this is a red herring fallacy" would you like me to change up for your convenience?

The law in Oregon did not violate the constitution.

Further the bible says nothing about homosexuality.

1. Yes it did: the 1st and 14th Amendments.

2. Yes it does: Romans 1 and most particularly Jude 1 of the New Testament. And very specific things said too; especially about allowing the phenomenon of a homosexual cult to spread throughout God's normal and moral heterosexual societies...
1. No it didn't.

2. You are mistaken.
Libs are so wrong.
Yes he is. Leviticus says nothing about it nor Romans. I'm not really liberal.
Leviticus 18 verse 22, read it to know you are wrong.
bible-contradictions.png
Wrong again.
when taken out of context to support lies they are used incorrectly. The retard who posted them is wrong.
Who cares about Leviticus? It's just stories and rules in a book we are not required to follow.

Wrong.

1. Post

2. Post

3. Post

4. Post

5. Post

6. Post

7. Post

8. Post

9. Post

10. Post
    Scalia question

11. Post

12. Post
    Scalia question

13. Post

14. Post

15. Post

16. Post

17. Post

18. Post

19. Post

20. Post

1. Post

2. Post
      Erasing History
It is what it is.... if it is a composition fallacy then what else could be said about it? Thank you for your concern Clayton.... uhmm....Peperview.... just skip it if it bothers you... it is not offensive language it is an observation. I could answer to nonsense with "this is a red herring fallacy" would you like me to change up for your convenience?
Only to happy to point out to the readers the extent of your poor debating skills.

Have a composed day!

Forum List

Back