Christian family facing deportation for homeschooling

Darn videos.

Anyways, what did hese folks do? I know some Christians with ODD ODD beliefs in Illinois who are getting away with homeschooling some really strange kids. I can't imagine folks doing anything more strange and getting DEPORTED of all things.

They left Germany because they do not allowed homeschooling so they came here . Immigration said it was ok but Obama has stepped in and said they have to go to regular school or get deported.

Are they more or less going to meet testing standards? If so then they should be allowed to stay.

If they are boycotting math or something then I can see an issue. Isn't this more a lose your kids type punishment than get deported? Not that losing your kids is better.

Not exactly the "whole story".

They aren't facing deportation for home schooling. Figures it's from Fox media.

The family is trying to claim asylum status because home schooling is illegal in Germany.

Home schooling isn't a "fundamental right".

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/german-home-school-parents-appeal-asylum-ruling

Uwe and Hannelore Romeike (roh-MEYE-kee) claim in court documents that German schools are anti-Christian and the couple believe God wants them to teach their children at home.

Germany's government requires students to attend a state-approved school, and parents who violate the law can face fines, jail and possible custody loss.

and

The U.S. government said in court documents the Romeikes did not belong to any particular Christian denomination and described the parents' objections to the government-approved schools as vague.

For instance, Uwe Romeike claimed a textbook "featured a story suggesting that 'the devil can help you if you ask the devil, but God would not help you,'" the government said. But he could not recall the title of the story or its author.

Romeike also claimed the schools taught witchcraft based on a game played by classmates of his wife when she was in the seventh grade "that involved pushing chairs and glasses around, and dangling a pendulum."

Frankly, the family sounds a bit whacko, but count on the Home School Defense League to take up their case.
The family initially was granted asylum by U.S. Immigration Judge Lawrence Burman in Memphis in 2010. He concluded that "the (German) government is attempting to enforce this Nazi-era law against people that it purely seems to detest because of their desire to keep their children out of school."

On appeal, the Board of Immigration Appeals found Burman's assertion to be erroneous, and stated the record did not support the "inflammatory suggestion that it is a Nazi-era law."

Seriously....is this really an asylum case? And, who's to say that they, and their 5 children aren't using our welfare system? Who's supporting them?

what is wrong with public education, thankfully it is sectarian or private religious - for the kids sake.

Once again, should women seeking abortions ,who are citizens of countries not allowing abortions, be granted amnesty?

No. That is no more a case of assylum and persecution than home schooling.

Some posts have been removed because they contain no content - keep that in mind please. Insults fine, but keep some content in.

The family is trying to claim asylum status because home schooling is illegal in Germany.

German home-school parents appeal asylum ruling

Uwe and Hannelore Romeike (roh-MEYE-kee) claim in court documents that German schools are anti-Christian and the couple believe God wants them to teach their children at home.

Germany's government requires students to attend a state-approved school, and parents who violate the law can face fines, jail and possible custody loss.

and

The U.S. government said in court documents the Romeikes did not belong to any particular Christian denomination and described the parents' objections to the government-approved schools as vague.

For instance, Uwe Romeike claimed a textbook "featured a story suggesting that 'the devil can help you if you ask the devil, but God would not help you,'" the government said. But he could not recall the title of the story or its author.

Romeike also claimed the schools taught witchcraft based on a game played by classmates of his wife when she was in the seventh grade "that involved pushing chairs and glasses around, and dangling a pendulum."

Frankly, the family sounds a bit whacko, but count on the Home School Defense League to take up their case.
The family initially was granted asylum by U.S. Immigration Judge Lawrence Burman in Memphis in 2010. He concluded that "the (German) government is attempting to enforce this Nazi-era law against people that it purely seems to detest because of their desire to keep their children out of school."

On appeal, the Board of Immigration Appeals found Burman's assertion to be erroneous, and stated the record did not support the "inflammatory suggestion that it is a Nazi-era law."

Seriously....is this really an asylum case? And, who's to say that they, and their 5 children aren't using our welfare system? Who's supporting them?

Let us remember, Germany is one of those countries whose schools are held up as better than ours.

German home-school parents appeal asylum ruling

and

In other words, the parents are bat shit crazy.

It is no one's business if a parent wants to home school their kid. Period.

If I had kids I would home school. There is no way I'd let the fucking government educate my kid.

It is no one's business if a parent wants to home school their kid. Period.

If I had kids I would home school. There is no way I'd let the fucking government educate my kid.

Excellent point. You have every right. Now, being the conscientious USMB member that you are, how about addressing the intent of the OP? Instead of dropping that turd of righteous indignation, how about commenting on the fact that the OP is little more than fake outrage and that nobody is being deported as a result of their religious beliefs? Surely you are growing tired of your fellow "conservatives" mindlessly posting such drivel here on a regular basis.

I can't remember the last Lovebear topic that wasn't debunked by the second page. :tongue:

Forum List

Back