Christian Hypocrisy From the Religious Right

AND NOT ONE statement. NOT ONE PROOF that ANY OPPONENT of Obama EVER DARED much less said Obama is black!
NOT one!
FIND me ONE statement where Obama was criticized because he was BLACK!!!

You are entitled to your misguided opinions, but they will never govern America.

Immanuel, you are generally incorrect as to what our Congressional far right and "libertarian" Republicans want.

They do not give a crap about the poor, they punish the working classes fiscally, and they wish the health insurance companies to be generally deregulated as much as possible.

I voted Romney because I support my party. But we will continue losing national elections if we do not reach out to the working classes, the poor, women, and Hispanics on the issues as they see them.

The demographics no longer favor us, and unless all of Scandinavia emigrates to America, the demographics will not favor a party focused on the white male. Yes, we have women and some minorities, but not enough to impact the ultra conservative white male flavor of our party.

We have to change.

"Us"? Don't include me in that. I am not a Republican. They are just like Democrats when it comes to not caring about the poor, punishing the working class and being owned and controlled by the corporate powers.

You deserve to lose as long as you continue to spit upon the American people and nominate people like Mitt Romney who is a Democrat in white linen... his being white magical undergarments. :D

Immie

We are not talking about Obama.

We are talking about the failures of far religious right, the evangelicals, and their cults.

Roo, you are uncapable of unmanning up. :lol: Your projections onto me of your latent homosexuality is quite normal for evangelical unmanly types like you. You surely don't want your parishoners to find out, do you? :lol:

But to the OP, your evangelical hypocrisy is causing the GOP to lose elections. The GOP needs women, Hispanics, and minorities are far more than white christian males, who simply don't count in the political equation anymore. Tis what tis.

I know that I, and the great majority of the Republican leadership, are correct that we need women, hispanics, and other Americans more now than we did evangelicals.

Latent gays like you lash out at others with accusations, and the rest of us laugh at you, Roo.

Now you are just protecting Jake, its ok....wait..are you on the down low???

Damn it, I'm sorry Jake....I hope your people don't find out.

Poor Jake, you are trying so hard to turn this around :)

It isn't working, embrace what you are, you'll be happier....you are the one doing all of the pissing and moaning about god ;)

Poo Roo, the latent homosexual who projects his problems on others.

The GOP is moving away from a very restrictive abortion plank: get used to it.

They are quick to run, jump and skip to "defend" the unborn and squeel about life and killing innocents and yet they don't want a red dime spent on feeding a poor, disenfranchised child. They are quick to run and support death penalty, they are quicker to run and support a war...any war, just point them in the direction of a war and they will swear that they are ready and willing to run in naked into it to defend their God-given country.

This article encapsulates their hypocrisy perfectly...

Will the religious, self-proclaimed Christian right EVER stop their hypocrisy? Why don't you self-proclaimed Conservatives on USMB speak out against such blatantly hypocrisy on your side?

I feel far more sorry for you personally and the author of the article you linked than I do for a starving man. After all, this life is the trial not the eternity we all will occupy in some fashion.

Your pathetic means of defending abortion is the greatest sin here, IMO. Your accusations of conservative Christians, allegedly that they do not care about the poor or the oppressed, or that they do far less than their secular liberal brother, is just another thoughtless, if not dangerous, accusation.

The Bible does say "that which you measure and judge your neighbor will be measured back to you." I have gone through great strides, daily, to take the dare to send out a message of measure. I hope you have done the same because the consequences are immeasurable.

Many of the conservative evangelicals, in fact, do not car about the poor, the oppressed, the starving, the sick, and the lame.

The Constitution rules in America, not the Bible.

The days of the evangelical oppression of the GOP are over.

They are quick to run, jump and skip to "defend" the unborn and squeel about life and killing innocents and yet they don't want a red dime spent on feeding a poor, disenfranchised child. They are quick to run and support death penalty, they are quicker to run and support a war...any war, just point them in the direction of a war and they will swear that they are ready and willing to run in naked into it to defend their God-given country.

Christian Hypocrisy From the Religious Right - Leslie Marshall (usnews.com)

Will the religious, self-proclaimed Christian right EVER stop their hypocrisy? Why don't you self-proclaimed Conservatives on USMB speak out against such blatantly hypocrisy on your side?

You really don't get it. It's not that people don't want a red cent spent on feeding the poor, it's that Welfare in its current form has allowed for the high probability that the red cent earmarked for a starving child will most likely end up as an installment on a fifty inch big screen TV set. The death penalty is for those who commit heinous capitol crimes in a society that has laws to protect its law abiding citizens... It is not the same as the killing of unborn children whose only crime is that they inconvenienced the mother who stupidly chose to have sex without protection. As for the War that you speak of... How's Obama's promise to end it working out for you? The only hypocrisy is that you pass blame based on partisan politics well your liberal hero Obama runs the country exactly the same as Bush did. :lol:

Many of the conservative evangelicals, in fact, do not car about the poor, the oppressed, the starving, the sick, and the lame.

The fact that people like you honestly believe this crap is exactly why this country is completely screwed. Ask yourself this numbskull... Who gave more of their own money to the poor... Romney, Obama, or Biden? :lol: The truth will set you free.

We are talking about the failure of the evangelical cults in America no longer winning elections.

The fact that people like you honestly believe this crap is exactly why this country is completely screwed. Ask yourself this numbskull... Who gave more of their own money to the poor... Romney, Obama, or Biden? :lol: The truth will set you free.

We are talking about the failure of the evangelical cults in America no longer winning elections.

Are you an atheist Jake?

Tell us if, Newby, you are an atheist, first? Then tell us why that is important. Then I will be glad to answer your question.

Christian Hypocrisy From the Religious Right - Leslie Marshall (usnews.com)

The article makes claims which are not supported.

I happen to be wired into the charitable network in my area.

I founded and ran a non-profit in my spare time for many years. Due to my work in that organization, I was asked to join the board of another non-profit and happily accepted. We are rapidly ramping up to continue the work I did with the previous organization. None of us are paid to do this.

As a result of these many years of providing help to those in need, I have become intimately familiar with both private and taxpayer-supported organizations.

Both public and private see their share of scammers. Some organizations do a better job of due diligence than others. There is one large private organization here that I see being scammed on a large scale, and it is very frustrating to me so see them being taken advantage of so unnecessarily. They could easily fix this with a few simple adjustments, but for whatever reason, they don't. I have spoken to them, and they know they are being taken advantage of, but they do nothing to stop it. It is very baffling.

I think at the base of this reluctance is a desire not to embarrass people by making them prove just how bad off they are, but I don't know for sure.

On the flip side, I know of a public organization which does really outstanding due diligence. The people receiving aid from this organization are in truly desperate straits, and it is virtually impossible to scam this taxpayer-funded organization.

As for my own charity, I am the king of due diligence. The bar is very high to receive aid from us. We exist to provide assistance to people who are in crisis through absolutely no fault of their own, with a special focus on families with children. The reason I require hard evidence of their situation is because it only takes one case of someone ripping us off, and our donors would start to abandon us. We are organized in such a way that every single penny they donate goes to the people helping us, with our overhead paid by other means.

The idea that the Religious Right is hypocritical in their charity is easily debunked by observing the incredible generosity that comes from them on our level.

I personally don't believe charity is an either/or proposition. Either private or public. I believe charity works well when both are in harmony with each other.

In times like these, there is simply more need than can be met by the private charities.

Hell, even the public coffers are being stretched to their limits.

A handout is a temporary solution to a much bigger problem. Our legislative infrastructure is destroying the free market and creating more poor people.

Last edited:
Nice essay, but your conclusion is wrong. Our economic system kowtows to the wealthy and corporations, which are busily destroying our middle class. Our system needs to kowtow to the middle class consumers and then matters will improve.

The failure of the evangelicals in winning elections is that the majority has rejected evangelical principles of self reliance and personal responsibility in favor of making the evangelicals providing cradle to grave early retirement.

Nice essay, but your conclusion is wrong. Our economic system kowtows to the wealthy and corporations, which are busily destroying our middle class. Our system needs to kowtow to the middle class consumers and then matters will improve.

This is exactly what I am saying. Our legislative structure is a thumb which tilts the scales to the advantage of one sector. Our laws are totally out of balance, over-regulating here and under-regulating there, with the end result of wealth being redistributed into the hands of a few.

Tell us if, Newby, you are an atheist, first? Then tell us why that is important. Then I will be glad to answer your question.

Another simple question, not answered. It's a simple yes or no answer, or do you not possess the ability to answer it?

Jake, are you an atheist?

This is exactly what I am saying. Our legislative structure is a thumb which tilts the scales to the advantage of one sector. Our laws are totally out of balance, over-regulating here and under-regulating there, with the end result of wealth being redistributed into the hands of a few.

Then why are you a 'republican' Jake? Your opinion is exactly the same as that of a democrat talking point, just like all of the other positions you hold. :lol:

He's not a Republican.

Dishonesty is pretty abundant on this site but he's the most dishonest poster here...well, the most dishonest one aside from rtard and tdm. Who actually aren't QUITE as dishonest as Jake because at least they admit they're lefties.

Poo Roo, the latent homosexual who projects his problems on others.

The GOP is moving away from a very restrictive abortion plank: get used to it.

LOL, abortion is legal Jakey... the Law says women can kill their children, non issue for me.

You are grasping at straws kid.

Forum List

Back