Christian in Name Only - The New Liberal Theology

Sorry, Chuck - that is not an 'answer' to what I posted. True faith shows itself partly by the presence of works. It is NOT those works which save, nor ever could be - but if there are never any works, then is the 'faith' really present to begin with?

GOD only knows: I'm sure I do not. For not all our works are done so that others might know about them.

Sorry, Chuck - that is not an 'answer' to what I posted. True faith shows itself partly by the presence of works. It is NOT those works which save, nor ever could be - but if there are never any works, then is the 'faith' really present to begin with?

GOD only knows: I'm sure I do not. For not all our works are done so that others might know about them.

John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

The spirit cannot be seen (John 3:8) and James 2:18 is talking about showing your faith before men because it uses the word "shew". Not all faith can be seen.

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

There is also dead works:

Hebrews 6:1 ¶ Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Some works are false works and they don't prove people are saved.

Last edited:
Faith is trust in the truth. Belief is a perception of the truth. Most religious people would rather have faith in their "beliefs", instead of looking for the truth. Those will never know the truth.

Jesus is a liberal. Jesus is all about PEACE, LOVE & BROTHERHOOD.

The "so called" Christian religion of the right wingers is nothing more than a perversion of what Jesus taught. The republicans profess that GREED is good. Take from the poor, the children, the sick, and the elderly, and give it to the rich. Killing innocent people is perfectly acceptable in the promotion of WESTERN ideology. The GOP is the antichrist.

no, He is not.

Read the Bible for the change.

your leftards are ling to you :lol:

Nonsense.

Liberals get their inspiration only from their gods.

Marx and Lenin.

The Jezebel Spirit is alive and well in political America and the Jezebel Spirit was indeed tolerated by one of the Churches of the seven churches of Asia. I believe Joel Osteen - Rick Warren style churches would be considered part of the Jezebel tolerating Church. The church Jesus identified as tolerating Jezebel was called Thyratira and it is the church that much of the wide is the road false gospel preachers of America are a part of. They teach a false doctrine which they craftily blend into scripture - twisting it so that any mention of obedience, Holiness, separation unto God, obeying the Lord is accused of being intolerant. They will lie and say anyone suggesting such a life unto the Lord is not trusting in the work of the Cross and does not believe in the grace of God. It is the Jezebel spirit inside the church that had deceived the body of Christ. Not all of the church however. Men such as Michael Boldea Jr, Richard Wurmbrand, Dumitru Dudman preached the truth but much of the church has gone the way of false teaching. God always has a remnant church that obeys his Word but the majority of them today have gone astray.

Last edited:
And the antichrist is using Israel to bring on the tribulation.

Wrong. The antichrist is using gullible people who believe lies against Israel to hasten the tribulation. If you were a christian who held fast to the truth of scripture you'd know this. There is a wide road that seemeth right but Jesus warned it would lead to destruction! Siding with Israels enemies is what is going to lead to our own destruction! Among other HUGE SINS against God! As for me and my house? We will serve the LORD and pray for Israels protection! - Jeri
What a line of B.S.! You are the pretend christian that promotes war with your bible. The Jews lost their "chosen" status when they rejected Christ and got him crucified. They still wait on "their" Messiah, which the antichrist gladly will become. The antichrist will come as a man of peace, but is anything but. He will fool the Jews and the fake Christians into following him. Looks like you're already there.

Are you a member of Rick Warren's church or Joel Osteen's? Sounds like something they would say. This is what I have to say in response to your claim that I am already there. I am well aware of the teaching of the anti christ and I can tell you that my bible teaches me the Jews will "reject the anti Christ" when he claims to be God and they shall believe on the one true Messiah after that - my bible also says All Israel shall be saved! So don't be so quick to throw the Jews out because God has done no such thing!!!!!!! You had an opportunity to be grafted in to Abrahams family by faith in Jesus Christ but the door will soon be closed to the Gentiles so seize the opportunity while you have it, hangover..

The inherent narcissistic tendencies of the left are perfectly matched with self-styled cafeteria Christianity. Like secular Jews, these are people far too self-invloved to embrace the kind of selfless introspection required of deeply spiritual individuals. It's why so many people hate the Catholic religion, where one is reminded on a weekly basis to ask themselves hard questions and is reminded that the hard choices are usually the divine choices. People do not like to be challenged to be better, but being in line with the shit society in which we live is not good enough for a person on a spiritual journey, so most people find comfort in the Jesus loves you schmaltz because it requires no effort to be loved and you feel better about yourself simply because you call yourself a Christian.

The inherent narcissistic tendencies of the left are perfectly matched with self-styled cafeteria Christianity. Like secular Jews, these are people far too self-invloved to embrace the kind of selfless introspection required of deeply spiritual individuals. It's why so many people hate the Catholic religion, where one is reminded on a weekly basis to ask themselves hard questions and is reminded that the hard choices are usually the divine choices. People do not like to be challenged to be better, but being in line with the shit society in which we live is not good enough for a person on a spiritual journey, so most people find comfort in the Jesus loves you schmaltz because it requires no effort to be loved and you feel better about yourself simply because you call yourself a Christian.

I am not living a Cafeteria style Christianity but the crucified life Christianity and if you knew what Jesus Christ had done for you? You'd be living it too! Go read Message to the 7 churches and figure out which church you'd like to be a part of! I can tell you now Smyrna is one that was on the right path and those in the Smyrna faith are still on the right path today! Read it and ask yourself what you have to lose in following Christ sincerely, Penny. Love, Jeri

I am not living a Cafeteria style Christianity but the crucified life Christianity and if you knew what Jesus Christ had done for you? You'd be living it too! Go read Message to the 7 churches and figure out which church you'd like to be a part of! I can tell you now Smyrna is one that was on the right path and those in the Smyrna faith are still on the right path today! Read it and ask yourself what you have to lose in following Christ sincerely, Penny. Love, Jeri

I was not responding to you in particular, I was discussing the big picture. Any church that does not focus on the betterment of oneself and the selflessness of charity as part of that, is useless. I am happy for you that you have found a path for your spiritual journey.

Jesus is a liberal. Jesus is all about PEACE, LOVE & BROTHERHOOD.

The "so called" Christian religion of the right wingers is nothing more than a perversion of what Jesus taught. The republicans profess that GREED is good. Take from the poor, the children, the sick, and the elderly, and give it to the rich. Killing innocent people is perfectly acceptable in the promotion of WESTERN ideology. The GOP is the antichrist.

no, He is not.

Read the Bible for the change.

your leftards are ling to you :lol:
wow another slack jaw who thinks jesus would be some sort of uber conservative..
don't know what bible you read (if you actually do) in the ones I've read he's very much the liberal....

By Michael Bodea Jr.

Message to Philadelphia Part 1
March 11, 2009

With love in Christ,

Michael Boldea Jr.

edited of wall of text violation...
Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

Thank you, I deleted it, Daws. I must tell you though that was a mistake on my part. I thought I had posted it to my messages to the Churches book of Revelation thread. I could not find it over there! lol!

I kept going back over it and over it knowing I had posted it but could not find it! Then I look over here tonight and I found it! So I will have to post that on the right thread later on. In the meantime, I apologise for your having to suffer the inconvenience. Also at the knowledge there is actually a couple of true churches following Jesus ( Smryna and Philadelphia church ) among the disobedient ones! That must have surprised you right? Anyhow I bless you tonight in Jesus name, Daws. Be blessed. :eusa_angel:- Jeri

my bible also says All Israel shall be saved!
So you wrote your own version of the bible, eh.

Jesus said, "There will be many that come to me on the last day and say, "Didn't I cast out demons in your name? And didn't I prophecy in your name?" And Jesus will answer them, "I know you not, you are workers of iniquity."

What you are saying is, no matter what any Jew does, it okay with God. So God is a bigot? Hmm. I ain't buying it.

Personally I think the religion/ethics forum has become a site for anti-Christians to vent hate speech. This is the greatest Country on the globe and anybody is free to preach their brand of Christianity as long as it is peaceful. It's amazing that most of the posts are critical of Christianity while the left preaches tolerance for the jihad muslems who are calling for the deaths of Christian Americans.

Personally I think the religion/ethics forum has become a site for anti-Christians to vent hate speech. This is the greatest Country on the globe and anybody is free to preach their brand of Christianity as long as it is peaceful. It's amazing that most of the posts are critical of Christianity while the left preaches tolerance for the jihad muslems who are calling for the deaths of Christian Americans.

I know there are a few people who would like to ruin the religion / ethics forum, Whitehall, but I truly believe they are few and far between! There are many wonderful discussions and dialogue that clearly identifies the truth from the deception and I cannot think of another forum or message board that has done so much for giving people an opportunity to share their faith! For that I am very grateful to USMB because they truly are doing a good work here. I pray Gods greatest blessings over them for it. It is an awesome forum. - Jeri

my bible also says All Israel shall be saved!
So you wrote your own version of the bible, eh.

Jesus said, "There will be many that come to me on the last day and say, "Didn't I cast out demons in your name? And didn't I prophecy in your name?" And Jesus will answer them, "I know you not, you are workers of iniquity."

What you are saying is, no matter what any Jew does, it okay with God. So God is a bigot? Hmm. I ain't buying it.

No, I go by the King James Bible. It is written in the Torah and the New Testament as well. Look at this, hangover..

It is written:

But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation, ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end. - Isaiah 45: 16

And again it is written:

The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah. - Zechariah 12: 7

and again it is written:

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and supplication and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced..... - Zechariah 12: 10 ( prophecy of the salvation of the house of David still to come )

and finally it is written and recorded in "CAPITOL LETTERS" :

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, THERE SHALL COME A DELIVERER, UNTO THEM, WHEN I SHALL TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS.

- Romans 11: 26

What does this mean to you, hangover? That you must repent and call upon the name of the LORD and you shall be saved and you should never again speak against the Jews. - Jeri

Last edited:
What does this mean to you, hangover? That you must repent and call upon the name of the LORD and you shall be saved and you should never again speak against the Jews.

I don't buy it. The Jews can do anything they want and God just takes away their sins. They're soooooo special! And the rest of humanity are just dogs. Well, woof woof.

What does this mean to you, hangover? That you must repent and call upon the name of the LORD and you shall be saved and you should never again speak against the Jews.

I don't buy it. The Jews can do anything they want and God just takes away their sins. They're soooooo special! And the rest of humanity are just dogs. Well, woof woof.

Hangover,

I want to explain. We interpret scripture from scripture.

Romans 9:6 It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

It says "For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel," which probably means they don't belong to the promise.

Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

A remnant shall be saved because a portion will be either lost or destroyed in the Tribulation.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and [fn]its works will be [fn]burned up.

2 Peter 3:11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,

What does the Bible mean when it refers to a remnant?

Hangover,

I want to explain. We interpret scripture from scripture.

Romans 9:6 It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

It says "For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel," which probably means they don't belong to the promise.

Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

A remnant shall be saved because a portion will be either lost or destroyed in the Tribulation.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and [fn]its works will be [fn]burned up.

2 Peter 3:11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,

What does the Bible mean when it refers to a remnant?

New International Version
In the whole land," declares the LORD, "two-thirds will be struck down and perish; yet one-third will be left in it.

New Living Translation
Two-thirds of the people in the land will be cut off and die," says the LORD. "But one-third will be left in the land.

English Standard Version
In the whole land, declares the LORD, two thirds shall be cut off and perish, and one third shall be left alive.

New American Standard Bible
"It will come about in all the land," Declares the LORD, "That two parts in it will be cut off and perish; But the third will be left in it.

King James Bible
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
In the whole land-- this is the LORD's declaration-- two-thirds will be cut off and die, but a third will be left in it.

International Standard Version
It will come about in all of the land," declares the LORD, "that two thirds of the people living there will die, but a third will survive who live there.

NET Bible
It will happen in all the land, says the LORD, that two-thirds of the people in it will be cut off and die, but one-third will be left in it.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
The LORD declares, "Throughout the land two-thirds will be cut off and die. Yet, one-third will be left in it.

Jubilee Bible 2000
And it shall come to pass that in all the land, said the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off in her and shall be lost; but the third shall be left therein.

King James 2000 Bible
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, says the LORD, two parts in it shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left in it.

American King James Version
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, said the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

American Standard Version
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith Jehovah, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And there shall be in all the earth, saith the Lord, two parts in it shall be scattered, and shall perish: but the third part shall be left therein.

Darby Bible Translation
And it shall come to pass in all the land, saith Jehovah, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

English Revised Version
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
It shall happen that in all the land," says Yahweh, "two parts in it will be cut off and die; but the third will be left in it.

Young's Literal Translation
And it hath come to pass, In all the land, an affirmation of Jehovah, Two parts in it are cut off -- they expire, And the third is left in it.

Zechariah 13:8 In the whole land," declares the LORD, "two-thirds will be struck down and perish; yet one-third will be left in it.

Forum List

Back