Christian & Islamic Fundamentalism have a lot in common

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Very similar in mentality

In February 1998, Osama bin Laden issued an edict. "The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it, in order to liberate the Al Aqsa mosque [Jerusalem] and the Holy Mosque [Mecca]," he explained. "This is in accordance with the words of Almighty God... We call on every Muslim who believes in God and wished to be rewarded to comply with God's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it."
Those haunting words were played out on September 11, 2001. In response to the horrors that befell thousands that day, US citizens of all beliefs decried Islamic fundamentalism and the terrorism it seems to nurture. A large segment unquestioningly supported President George W. Bush's war in Iraq, believing his assertion that Saddam
Hussein and his weapons of mass destruction posed an equally dire threat. Yet few imagined, despite any concerns about the Bush Administration's agenda, a day when the President would disclose: "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."
On June 27, 2003, with those precise words Bush put his previous and, most certainly, future actions into perspective.
The ramifications of that statement, and the marked deterioration of civil liberties and religious freedom in the US over the past few years, leads to a nagging question: Could the US slip into a fundamentalist mode paralleling those nations we currently deem the world's greatest threat? The events of 9/11 certainly have played into the hands of the Christian right. Citizens and government officials, unnerved by the looming threat of further attack, have permitted, even encouraged, this movement to flourish, further fusing God and Jesus with government, patriotism, and the warding off of Islamic fundamentalist evils.

God's Warrior Twins Christian & Islamic Fundamentalism have a lot in common

All three of the male dominator god religions vomited up in the middle east are authoritarian systems.

These are the really crazy extremes like Pat Roberston....Jerry Farwell came out on tv and said 9/11 happened because of the gays in America..I was soooooo angry, and so were many christians who find him to be a nut.

Real christians who don't listen to these nuts, but walk on there own with Christ are not like that at all.

I remember being online hearing these people saying if you don't support our president and war, you are not a christian..I was shocked ..
Now those same people slammed Obama, and deny that they supported Bush...haaaaa

Don't look at those types of christians, because I have heard many say..if that is what a christian is I would never be one... so sad.

• Banned
Think about it. Both of these groups of people live their lives based on hand-picked sections of their religious books. Neither follows every rule written inside because it’s essentially impossible to do so. Even within each of these faiths there are many denominations created by humans who basically interpret parts of each of these books by how they feel they should be followed.

They both believe that they’re right and everyone else will surely burn in hell. They both tend to want to force their views on others – even if those others don’t agree with what they believe in. Each of these groups, if they had their way, would have theocratic governments based on their religions.

Both right-wing Christians and Islamic radicals feel women should be subservient to men, abortion is murder and homosexuality is an abomination and should be illegal. They both believe education should be based on faith instead of science. Neither group supports contraceptives.

They’re both completely intolerant of those who believe differently than they do and only believe that their religion should be given autonomy from lawful persecution while other beliefs should be oppressed.

And while many terrorist organizations are linked to radical Islamic fundamentalists, right-wing “Christian” radicals frequently brag about their arsenal of weapons and willingness to “rise up against” the federal government if they should ever feel inclined to do so. In fact, it’s only our more advanced system of government (and the fact that we’re in a modern society) which has kept these right-wing radical “Christians” from behaving very similarly (if not almost exactly like) radical Islamic fundamentalists.

Right-Wing Christians, Radical Islamic Fundamentalists - They're Pretty Much Exactly the Same

Basically for the peaceful christians and other faiths believe God is a higher power , we just feel we get there in different ways..
Yes people do pick and choose from the bible and make their own rules out of what it says. I don't go to churches that make up their own rules..

Children are the smartest people on earth, they don't get into all of the bush shit adults do..they say it like it is..

This is why Jesus told the people to believe like children do.

Jesus came to use His life as a sacrifice to bridge us over to God, we are all sinners and Jesus's blood paid for our sins 100%..
Now they do say Jesus is the only way to God...yes that does get confusing to me too...

It says in the bible that we will be surprised who will get into heaven....This means people who look like they are the biggest christian may be faking it inside,
while someone who looks like they know nothing or someone from a different faith may go to heaven..
I do believe that the only way to God is through Jesus because of His sacrifice.

Man made rules are annoying..and turn offs to me.

Now when you receive the Holy Spirit, in time many of the things you said make sense. like a light bulb moment..
Some use the words of God, but are fakes...that is between God and that person..

Think about it. Both of these groups of people live their lives based on hand-picked sections of their religious books. Neither follows every rule written inside because it’s essentially impossible to do so. Even within each of these faiths there are many denominations created by humans who basically interpret parts of each of these books by how they feel they should be followed.

They both believe that they’re right and everyone else will surely burn in hell. They both tend to want to force their views on others – even if those others don’t agree with what they believe in. Each of these groups, if they had their way, would have theocratic governments based on their religions.

Both right-wing Christians and Islamic radicals feel women should be subservient to men, abortion is murder and homosexuality is an abomination and should be illegal. They both believe education should be based on faith instead of science. Neither group supports contraceptives.

They’re both completely intolerant of those who believe differently than they do and only believe that their religion should be given autonomy from lawful persecution while other beliefs should be oppressed.

And while many terrorist organizations are linked to radical Islamic fundamentalists, right-wing “Christian” radicals frequently brag about their arsenal of weapons and willingness to “rise up against” the federal government if they should ever feel inclined to do so. In fact, it’s only our more advanced system of government (and the fact that we’re in a modern society) which has kept these right-wing radical “Christians” from behaving very similarly (if not almost exactly like) radical Islamic fundamentalists.

Right-Wing Christians, Radical Islamic Fundamentalists - They're Pretty Much Exactly the Same
Only an insane person would see a comparison.

Very similar in mentality

In February 1998, Osama bin Laden issued an edict. "The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it, in order to liberate the Al Aqsa mosque [Jerusalem] and the Holy Mosque [Mecca]," he explained. "This is in accordance with the words of Almighty God... We call on every Muslim who believes in God and wished to be rewarded to comply with God's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it."
Those haunting words were played out on September 11, 2001. In response to the horrors that befell thousands that day, US citizens of all beliefs decried Islamic fundamentalism and the terrorism it seems to nurture. A large segment unquestioningly supported President George W. Bush's war in Iraq, believing his assertion that Saddam
Hussein and his weapons of mass destruction posed an equally dire threat. Yet few imagined, despite any concerns about the Bush Administration's agenda, a day when the President would disclose: "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."
On June 27, 2003, with those precise words Bush put his previous and, most certainly, future actions into perspective.
The ramifications of that statement, and the marked deterioration of civil liberties and religious freedom in the US over the past few years, leads to a nagging question: Could the US slip into a fundamentalist mode paralleling those nations we currently deem the world's greatest threat? The events of 9/11 certainly have played into the hands of the Christian right. Citizens and government officials, unnerved by the looming threat of further attack, have permitted, even encouraged, this movement to flourish, further fusing God and Jesus with government, patriotism, and the warding off of Islamic fundamentalist evils.

God's Warrior Twins Christian & Islamic Fundamentalism have a lot in common
Idiot.

Forum List

Back