Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Unity School of Christianity

Scientology - Dianetics

Are you saying this is a bad thing about rejecting the Trinity? I've not heard of some of these, but would agree the weirdness of Scientology. Personally I think Mormonism & JW get a bad rap (being they are the 2 most popular). Ultimately they are still of a 'Protestant' variety of Christianity.

Isn't there something in the Bible about God saying He is known by many names? (or something similar?)

Ya gotta admit that whole Father/Son/Spirit as one, is a hard pill to swallow. But then I wasn't raised in the (any) church either, but came to it as an adult so I have a different perspective than those who were. I grappled with this whole Triune idea for years and the only thing that made it make sense was that they may or may not have actually been one person/being or as separate beings IDK.... but all three are one in agreement. That and I've read the Lost Books of Eden, that go much further into the story of Adam & Eve than what's given in Genesis. In that God promises to come back to earth in human form.....and tells so much more that the Bible leaves out.

I try to remember this.......

Heaven's Surprise
By Rod Hemphill

I was shocked, confused, bewildered as I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all, nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven who made me sputter and gasp--
The thieves, the liars, the sinners, the alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine, looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal? I would love to hear your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here? God must've made a mistake.

'And why's everyone so quiet, so somber - give me a clue.'
'Hush, child,' He said, 'they're all in shock. No one thought they'd be seeing you.'

JUDGE NOT.

Remember...Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

Mormonism - Latter-day Saints

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics

Are you saying this is a bad thing about rejecting the Trinity? I've not heard of some of these, but would agree the weirdness of Scientology. Personally I think Mormonism & JW get a bad rap (being they are the 2 most popular). Ultimately they are still of a 'Protestant' variety of Christianity.

Isn't there something in the Bible about God saying He is known by many names? (or something similar?)

Ya gotta admit that whole Father/Son/Spirit as one, is a hard pill to swallow. But then I wasn't raised in the (any) church either, but came to it as an adult so I have a different perspective than those who were. I grappled with this whole Triune idea for years and the only thing that made it make sense was that they may or may not have actually been one person/being or as separate beings IDK.... but all three are one in agreement. That and I've read the Lost Books of Eden, that go much further into the story of Adam & Eve than what's given in Genesis. In that God promises to come back to earth in human form.....and tells so much more that the Bible leaves out.

Heaven's Surprise
By Rod Hemphill

'Hush, child,' He said, 'they're all in shock. No one thought they'd be seeing you.'

JUDGE NOT.

Remember...Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
"Christian" Religions which reject the Trinity Doctrine

Jehovah's Witnesses
Founded By: Charles Taze Russell, 1879. Succeeded by Joseph F. Rutherford, 1917.
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that God is one person, Jehovah. Jesus was Jehovah's first creation. Jesus is not God, nor part of the Godhead. He is higher than the angels but inferior to God. Jehovah used Jesus to create the rest of the universe. Before Jesus came to earth he was known as the archangel Michael. The Holy Spirit is an impersonal force from Jehovah, but not God. More »

The doctrine of the Trinity first appeared in the Nicene Creed (Nicene Creed - Wikipedia) about 325 A.D. which expressed a belief in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

The New Testament only vaguely alludes to a Trinity as such in a couple of places, but it is certainly made clear that Jesus is the Son of God, and One with God, and there is a Holy Spirit, or Comforter, or Holy Ghost, who is God and the Spirit of God.

If confessors of some Christian religion reject the Holy Trinity, then which of the three persons of the One Eternal God does it reject?
  1. Is God the Father not God?
  2. Is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, not God?
  3. Is the Holy Spirit not God?
Do they believe that some another person also is God? Or do they believe as in three parts but not the whole? I am skeptical that there is any way to avoid the doctrine of the Trinity in anything recognizable as a Christian religion.

On the other hand, I am skeptical of any teaching of the holiness or supernatural significance of a triangle or trefoil or other three-sided geometric design, or any numerological significance of the number three. It remains essential to the Christian faith to believe that God is One, even though the Muslims often consider Christianity to be polytheism because of the doctrine of the Trinity.

... I'm made in god's image, so he's just like me.

¿But you deform yourself? - by misusing your natural intelligence for example by saying antichristian bullshit and binding Christian resources for your fight against your powerful "myself", which god made? What could be the dream of you, god had, when he made you? What are you now? Is this the same?

God makes deformed babies in his own image as well.

Only because you say continuously stupid hateful things against god this is no reason to kill you. But some of my friends are Muslims. Should I start a discussion with them in the world of the Muslims about you?

Were you one of them?

Why "were"? Who healed me?

So you're a deformed munchkin? :lol:

Aha "Munchkin" - a deformed German word. Was once "Menschenkind" = "child of a human being", "member of the human race", "baby, infant, small child". Remembers me to uncle Balu. Who are you in the jungle book? The rat without role?

Last edited:
... Why would I do that? I enjoy that god and I are similar.

You enjoy to try to hurt "Ding". That's a form of sadism, I would say. You enjoy it much more to be a Pharao than to be a child of god.
God uses it all for the good of those who love Him.

What Taz intends for evil, God is using for good.

I'm sure you are right. Nevertheless my patience has limits and in general suffer all Germanics a sickness called "Furor Teutonicus", that's why I do not understand why someone tries to make a German like me angry.
It is because he seeks a reaction that he behaves the way he does.

One day someone will shoot him down. If a crossbow arrow will kill him, then it was my good old friend William Tell. He hates tyrants.

The reasons and explanations for why he does so could fill a book but the root cause is that he needs to validate himself and does so by lashing out.

Hmmm ... It's not for everyone easy to find the way. ...

I don't think God makes anything imperfect. Man makes man imperfect by choosing to interpret something as imperfect. Humans socially construct a lot. How does that saying go something like, " but man has many inventions"

'Trinities' of various interpretations turn up very early in the Torah and OT. The first appearance of God to Abraham was as three men, speaking with one voice, iirc. Numerology was a big deal in ancient history and 'mysteries' of all sorts.

'Trinities' of various interpretations turn up very early in the Torah and OT. The first appearance of God to Abraham was as three men, speaking with one voice, iirc. Numerology was a big deal in ancient history and 'mysteries' of all sorts.

"If there is a prophet among you, I will appear to him in a dream and in a vision I will make myself known to him."

In the story it says that the Lord appeared to Abraham as he sat by the door of his tent in the heat of the day. What people do during the heat of the day in desert climates is take a siesta, a nap. Abraham had a dream. The three angels were not God anymore than God is three angels or any visual aspect of a dream or vision. The communication with God, "The Lord appearing to Abraham," was the entirety of the dream. The message. God is not the dream or any number of characters in the dream.

There is only one God. He does not sit down and eat lunch with anyone. dang. Does this shock you?

This story is not about a trinity.

Last edited:

"If there is a prophet among you, I will appear to him in a dream and in a vision I will make myself known to him."

In the story it says that the Lord appeared to Abraham as he sat by the door of his tent in the heat of the day. What people do during the heat of the day in desert climates is take a siesta, a nap. Abraham had a dream. The three angels were not God anymore than God is three angels or any visual aspect of a dream or vision. The communication with God, "The Lord appearing to Abraham," was the entirety of the dream. The message. God is not the dream or any number of characters in the dream.

There is only one God. He does not sit down and eat lunch with anyone. dang.

It doesn't say angels, it says 'The Lord'. The authors never make mistakes in their writings, they considered everything they wrote with a lot of thought. You can make up what you want, you usually do, but the rest of us will take note of what real scholars discuss and analyze.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics

Heaven's Surprise
By Rod Hemphill

JUDGE NOT.

Actually Christians are supposed make judgements about many things; they wouldn't exist if they weren't supposed to. The importance is in how and why they make them, motivation, etc. The weird crap that they aren't supposed to judge anything is just some stupid misinterpretations by people who don't know what they're talking about and just spouting verses out of context.

The doctrine of the Trinity first appeared in the Nicene Creed (Nicene Creed - Wikipedia) about 325 A.D. which expressed a belief in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

The New Testament only vaguely alludes to a Trinity as such in a couple of places, but it is certainly made clear that Jesus is the Son of God, and One with God, and there is a Holy Spirit, or Comforter, or Holy Ghost, who is God and the Spirit of God.

If confessors of some Christian religion reject the Holy Trinity, then which of the three persons of the One Eternal God does it reject?
  1. Is God the Father not God?
  2. Is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, not God?
  3. Is the Holy Spirit not God?
Do they believe that some another person also is God? Or do they believe as in three parts but not the whole? I am skeptical that there is any way to avoid the doctrine of the Trinity in anything recognizable as a Christian religion.

On the other hand, I am skeptical of any teaching of the holiness or supernatural significance of a triangle or trefoil or other three-sided geometric design, or any numerological significance of the number three. It remains essential to the Christian faith to believe that God is One, even though the Muslims often consider Christianity to be polytheism because of the doctrine of the Trinity.

Yes. The 'trinity' is implicit in much of the NT, as opposed to explicit, and shows up a lot in the OT as well. As for 'numerological significance', it does play a role, it was a common memorization and teaching tool, not just mysticism, for societies where traditions were mostly orally transmitted and required a lot of skill to keep it all straight.

Why is the number three special?

Three is the number of perfection, or completion. This number is repeated throughout the Bible as a symbol of completeness.

God's attributes are three: omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence.

Time is divided in three: past, present and future.

Three is the first of four perfect numbers...

Three denotes divine perfection; Seven denotes spiritual perfection; Ten denotes ordinal perfection; and Twelve denotes governmental perfection.

Abraham offered three measures of meal to his guest(s), showing the perfection of God's divine nature. In Numbers 15:9, the instructions to offer with a burn offering read, "Then shall he bring with the bullock a meal offering of THREE tenth deals of flour.", as were the instructions for the cleansing of a leper in Lev 14:10.

The third book in the Bible, where we learn about true worship, is Leviticus.

During His ministry Jesus raised three persons from the dead.

On the third day, the earth rose from the water, symbolic of resurrection life. He was crucified at the third hour, was on the cross from 3 hours, rose from the grave on the third day.

The inscription above His cross, in three languages, showed the completeness of His rejection by man.

He fulfilled the three offices of Prophet, Priest, and King (Deut 177:15, 18:3-5, and 18:15).

For more on the number three, please reference EW Bullinger's excellent book Number in Scripture.

searches turn up a lot of stuff about the number 3 in the Bible, so it is indeed a symbolic reference in almost al cases; whether one considers this a 'supernatural' issue or not is subject to interpretation, I guess, but the patterns turn up too often to be mere coincidences. I'll add'three wise men' to the list above as well.

Last edited:

There is only one God. He does not sit down and eat lunch with anyone. dang.

It doesn't say angels, it says 'The Lord'. The authors never make mistakes in their writings, they considered everything they wrote with a lot of thought. You can make up what you want, you usually do, but the rest of us will take note of what real scholars discuss and analyze.

The subject of "The Lord" appearing to Abraham was about Abraham having a prophetic dream.

When Abraham calls the angels "Lord" it just means Sir, or Sahib, a term of respect given to the strangers in the dream.

Dreams are the medium through which God communicates with man. God is not the dream or the characters of a dream anymore than you are the words on a screen or the characters of a story that you wrote to convey a specific message.

God has no visible shape or material form. He does not sit down and eat lunch with anyone..

Hello?

Last edited:

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics

Heaven's Surprise
By Rod Hemphill

JUDGE NOT.

Actually Christians are supposed make judgements about many things; they wouldn't exist if they weren't supposed to. The importance is in how and why they make them, motivation, etc. The weird crap that they aren't supposed to judge anything is just some stupid misinterpretations by people who don't know what they're talking about and just spouting verses out of context.
Nothing wrong with judging behaviors and actions. We should draw the line at judging the person because that will lead to bias which prevents objective truth from being seen.

Honest men can do dishonest things. If you judge the person as dishonest instead of the act, then that person will always be dishonest in our eyes even when he isn't being dishonest.

This is the practical application of not judging others. But like I said, there is nothing wrong with judging what they do. In fact, we should speak out against actions that we should speak out against.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics

Heaven's Surprise
By Rod Hemphill

JUDGE NOT.

Nothing wrong with judging behaviors and actions. We should draw the line at judging the person because that will lead to bias which prevents objective truth from being seen.

Honest men can do dishonest things. If you judge the person as dishonest instead of the act, then that person will always be dishonest in our eyes even when he isn't being dishonest.

This is the practical application of not judging others. But like I said, there is nothing wrong with judging what they do. In fact, we should speak out against actions that we should speak out against.

Yes. That's the point of much of what is going on, not some total rejection of judging whatever it is. Also, it's important to note that Jewish laws as well as cultural factors were also present in the general society, and not necessarily based on biblical principles in all cases, either, so some of the stories are about non-biblical prejudices and rectifying those. They were straying away from the laws and intent of Moses in many cases, becoming dependent on mere 'legalisms' rather than the spiritual aspects.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics

Heaven's Surprise
By Rod Hemphill

JUDGE NOT.

Yes that's true.......We are human and are inclined to judge. As you and ding further commented.....it's to judge the action, not the person.....because there needs to be the room for forgiveness/acceptance by us for the other person if & when they repent.

BUT I will say that in the Bible God does say 'judge not, lest ye be judged'.........and my comment above that you quoted, that says 'JUDGE NOT' was part of the quote I had included, not my own.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics

Heaven's Surprise
By Rod Hemphill

JUDGE NOT.

If you thought here that I rambled off topic....not really. Unless of course this thread wasn't for discussion purposes, but for you to 'enlighten' us to the religions that don't believe in the Trinity. IDK since there wasn't much lead in, in your OP.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics

Heaven's Surprise
By Rod Hemphill

JUDGE NOT.

If you thought here that I rambled off topic....not really. Unless of course this thread wasn't for discussion purposes, but for you to 'enlighten' us to the religions that don't believe in the Trinity. IDK since there wasn't much lead in, in your OP.
I didn't think you rambled off topic.

This thread is a way for me to learn about the beliefs of others to better understand their motivations.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics

Heaven's Surprise
By Rod Hemphill

JUDGE NOT.

This thread is a way for me to learn about the beliefs of others to better understand their motivations.

AH, now that's a good idea I have wondered much the same of different religions & just what makes them different. I just couldn't figure out why you had quoted me and only included a link back to this thread.

I have heard from some Mormons/LDS that they believe we chose our lives here on earth, while in Heaven before we're born. Then of course, other Mormons never heard of that.......so IDK, but an interesting concept

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics

Heaven's Surprise
By Rod Hemphill

JUDGE NOT.

AH, now that's a good idea I have wondered much the same of different religions & just what makes them different. I just couldn't figure out why you had quoted me and only included a link back to this thread.

I have heard from some Mormons/LDS that they believe we chose our lives here on earth, while in Heaven before we're born. Then of course, other Mormons never heard of that.......so IDK, but an interesting concept

I've been to LDS services and my ex is Mormon. Some of the teachings are good and some are strange. I have a book by Gordon B. Hinkley he was a pretty kind man.

Also attended Christian Science sunday school as a kid.

Now me and my mom just visit new mainstream churches. I am learning what mainstream church people believe. Since I was not raised in mainstream religion some of it seems strange to me and some seems great.

EDIT to Add: My biological dad followed the teachings from a book called Rays of the Dawn by Thurman Fleet.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back