Christie buys $300K w/ taxpayer money on food and booze

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Christie buys $300K of food & booze with NJ expense account

By Mark Lagerkvist | New Jersey Watchdog

Chris Christie’s expense account tells a story of appetite and ambition, one that pits government waste against the New Jersey governor’s waistline.

Christie spent $360,000 from his state allowance during his five years in office. More than 80 percent of that money, or $300,000, was used to buy food, alcohol and desserts, according to a New Jersey Watchdog analysis of records released by the governor’s office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Christie Spent $82,000 In Taxpayer Money On Concessions At NFL Games

According to a New Jersey Watchdog analysis of records from the governor's office that was published Monday, Christie used $300,000 of his $360,000 state allowance over five years to purchase food, alcohol and desserts. Some $82,594 of that sum went to Delaware North Sportservice, which operates the concessions at MetLife Stadium, the home of both the New York Giants and Jets teams.

To avoid a potential scandal that could embarrass their rising political star, the New Jersey Republican State Committee reimbursed the Treasury in March 2012 for Christie’s purchases from “DNS Sports.” Since then, the governor has refrained from using his expense account at MetLife and other sports venues.

According to the analysis, Christie was also a big fan of the grocery store Wegmans Food Markets, where he spent $76,373 in 53 shopping runs. A spokesman for the governor defended the nature of the expenses, explaining they were for "official" and "business" purposes.

I wonder ... Did he eat it all or did he share?

Christie buys $300K of food & booze with NJ expense account

By Mark Lagerkvist | New Jersey Watchdog

Chris Christie’s expense account tells a story of appetite and ambition, one that pits government waste against the New Jersey governor’s waistline.

Christie spent $360,000 from his state allowance during his five years in office. More than 80 percent of that money, or $300,000, was used to buy food, alcohol and desserts, according to a New Jersey Watchdog analysis of records released by the governor’s office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Christie Spent $82,000 In Taxpayer Money On Concessions At NFL Games

According to a New Jersey Watchdog analysis of records from the governor's office that was published Monday, Christie used $300,000 of his $360,000 state allowance over five years to purchase food, alcohol and desserts. Some $82,594 of that sum went to Delaware North Sportservice, which operates the concessions at MetLife Stadium, the home of both the New York Giants and Jets teams.

To avoid a potential scandal that could embarrass their rising political star, the New Jersey Republican State Committee reimbursed the Treasury in March 2012 for Christie’s purchases from “DNS Sports.” Since then, the governor has refrained from using his expense account at MetLife and other sports venues.

According to the analysis, Christie was also a big fan of the grocery store Wegmans Food Markets, where he spent $76,373 in 53 shopping runs. A spokesman for the governor defended the nature of the expenses, explaining they were for "official" and "business" purposes.

I wonder ... Did he eat it all or did he share?
... and that was just for lunch.

Whew, sure glad I can pull up a seat for front row before all the republicans get in and start tearing the place up about govt waste.

9018-2.jpg

There was a thread on this days ago

and this is the same guy who bitched about the allowance being not on his tax returns. The Site has a hard on for Christie, and facts be damned.

This has been an allowance given to the governors for expenses related to hosting functions of the office of the governor for decades. Now all of a sudden some people are interested in it.

Hack job, nothing more, nothing less.

So i guess Fat shaming is OK as long as its against a white republican male heterosexual. Got it.

So i guess Fat shaming is OK as long as its against a white republican male heterosexual. Got it.

aww do you think he's reading this forum and feeling ashamed?

I don't care either way about what tons-of-fun thinks about it (if you know kevin smith movies, you get the reference), what I care about is the reality that you would be screaming bloody murder if this tactic was used on some female-cis-gen-tran-tubbo-of color or something or other. Its not the content, its the underlying hypocrisy.

I don't care either way about what tons-of-fun thinks about it (if you know kevin smith movies, you get the reference), what I care about is the reality that you would be screaming bloody murder if this tactic was used on some female-cis-gen-tran-tubbo-of color or something or other. Its not the content, its the underlying hypocrisy.

:lol: a TACTIC? bwahaha chris christie looking like a pig is not some political conspiracy...

female image bashing happens every day here. why don't you link to me ever doing any such thing. :uhoh3:

Whew, sure glad I can pull up a seat for front row before all the republicans get in and start tearing the place up about govt waste.

9018-2.jpg

It's government waste. Just because he is a Republican does not give him a pass. He abused taxpayer money on exhorbent food and drink. Unacceptable.

Forum List

Back