Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage

Dumb, dumb dumb...

U.S. News - NJ Gov. Christie vetoes same-sex marriage bill

I've always been a critic of judges who decide they are going to disregard the will of legistlatures and the populace and impose these things, but here's a case where they did it the right way, they passed a bill, and Christie the Hutt decides he's stull sucking up to be RomBot's running mate.

Gov Christie answered the most important question I use in measuring someone's leadership. He evaluated the legislation as all non leaders evaluate change by asking this question: "How will this effect me?".

Leaders make decisions which effect the lives of others, true leaders ask how will this effect others, their organization, or the nation?

Christie made the decision based on short term political impacts. Long term, Christie will be labeled as the first governor to veto gay marriage. He will be the George Wallace of the gay rights movement

Won't the legislature override the veto? If that happens, people will forget.

Believe it or not, there are many gay Republicans (and independents) who are not single issue voters. Just like heterosexual people. Sheez.

Believe it or not, there are many gay Republicans (and independents) who are not single issue voters. Just like heterosexual people. Sheez.

I think the make of the NJ Legislature and the vote for passage was such that enough votes for an override is very unlikely.

>>>>

It's not based on gender.
It's about a very unhealthy and harmful lifestyle.

What makes it unhealthy and harmful is the hatred directed at gays

No it's the disease called aids.

1. So you are cool with lesbians getting a Civil Marriage because they have the lowest incidence of HIV infection? (Or is it just homosexual males you have an issue with [which takes it back to being gender specific].)

2. Would you support HIV testing as part of Civil Marriage requirements for all participants and the refusal of a license if an individual tests positive for HIV? (Or is it just homosexual males you have an issue with [which takes it back to being gender specific].)​

See testing everyone for HIV and then refusing a Civil Marriage license would not be discriminatory based on gender.

P.S. You realize there are more heterosexuals with HIV/AIDS infections then homosexuals, right?

>>>>

Last edited:

I think the make of the NJ Legislature and the vote for passage was such that enough votes for an override is very unlikely.

>>>>

They do not have the votes to override right now. But I would not be surprised if some votes switch over after the election or if Christie himself reconsiders after the election

What makes it unhealthy and harmful is the hatred directed at gays

1. So you are cool with lesbians getting a Civil Marriage because they have the lowest incidence of HIV infection? (Or is it just homosexual males you have an issue with [which takes it back to being gender specific].)

2. Would you support HIV testing as part of Civil Marriage requirements for all participants and the refusal of a license if an individual tests positive for HIV? (Or is it just homosexual males you have an issue with [which takes it back to being gender specific].)​

See testing everyone for HIV and then refusing a Civil Marriage license would not be discriminatory based on gender.

P.S. You realize there are more heterosexuals with HIV/AIDS infections then homosexuals, right?

>>>>

When AIDS first appeared it was spread by gay men amongst each other. Then it spread to straight people via bisexual sex and shared needles. Today many more straight people than gays have HIV/AIDS.

All are unhealthy lifestyles.

>>>>

When AIDS first appeared it was spread by gay men amongst each other. Then it spread to straight people via bisexual sex and shared needles. Today many more straight people than gays have HIV/AIDS.

When AIDS first appeared it was contracted by heterosexuals and transferred between heterosexuals before spreading to homosexuals. When HIV first appeared as a mutation of SIV (Simian Immunodeficiency Virus, confirmed through DNA Testing) and passed to humans it is believe either through consumption of raw/undercooked meat or through blood exposure to a wound when humans hunted the animals.

The majority of HIV infections have been because of heterosexual relations.

HIV neither "appeared" in gay men nor have the majority of the cases in the world been spread by gay men.

BTW you skipped these questions:

>>>>

Last edited:
Dumb, dumb dumb...

U.S. News - NJ Gov. Christie vetoes same-sex marriage bill

I've always been a critic of judges who decide they are going to disregard the will of legistlatures and the populace and impose these things, but here's a case where they did it the right way, they passed a bill, and Christie the Hutt decides he's stull sucking up to be RomBot's running mate.

He did the right thing, it is up to the people to decide, not for the state government to dictate.

"I am adhering to what I've said since this bill was first introduced — an issue of this magnitude and importance, which requires a constitutional amendment, should be left to the people of New Jersey to decide,"

Seems like he wants the people to make the decision. And you have a problem with this?

Um, yeah, I usually do when people appeal to bigotry to advance their political careers.

Christy is a fat sack of shit.

Fat sack of shit or not, it is for the people to decide, not for law makers to legislate. God forbid he follow the constitution or anything. :eusa_whistle:

"I am adhering to what I've said since this bill was first introduced — an issue of this magnitude and importance, which requires a constitutional amendment, should be left to the people of New Jersey to decide,"

Seems like he wants the people to make the decision. And you have a problem with this?

Yes, you cant violate anothers constitutional rights, voting like prop 8 in cali was just that.im not sure how many times this has to be told to you people, but seriously buy a clue.

Can you point me to the part of the constitution that gives you a right to marry? Because I have yet to find it anywhere in there. You are the one who is clueless. You cannot claim that what you consider to be a human or civil right is also a constitutional right, it does not work that way.

Seriously I could give a fuck. The Governor is within his rights and he wants the people to vote on it. Sounds damned fair to me. But then since I'm not living in New Jersey it's not my problem. The people who live there will handle it the way they want to.

Exactly, and if it is voted down, then that would show that the people support Christy's veto as well, and which would mean he should be safe in 2013.

Seriously I could give a fuck. The Governor is within his rights and he wants the people to vote on it. Sounds damned fair to me. But then since I'm not living in New Jersey it's not my problem. The people who live there will handle it the way they want to.

Yes

Voting on someone elses civil rights is always fair

How does what some perceive to be a civil right have anything to do with the rule of law? Nobody has a right to marry, period, it is not in the constitution, therefore states have always handled marriage and marriage laws. It doesn't matter if it's gay marriage or not, it simply is not a right, and that wont change by calling it a civil right or a human right or blah blah blah. Just because you change the terminology does not mean it changes the law as it is written.
If people want gay marriage, then get out the vote and have people vote it in.

Yes

Voting on someone elses civil rights is always fair

How does what some perceive to be a civil right have anything to do with the rule of law? Nobody has a right to marry, period, it is not in the constitution, therefore states have always handled marriage and marriage laws. It doesn't matter if it's gay marriage or not, it simply is not a right, and that wont change by calling it a civil right or a human right or blah blah blah. Just because you change the terminology does not mean it changes the law as it is written.
If people want gay marriage, then get out the vote and have people vote it in.

I'm sorry, but the courts have declared marriage to be a right in numerous cases. Especially when the right to marry is being denied for arbitrary reasons

In this case, the arbitrary reason is that people like you hate gays

>>>>

When AIDS first appeared it was contracted by heterosexuals and transferred between heterosexuals before spreading to homosexuals. When HIV first appeared as a mutation of SIV (Simian Immunodeficiency Virus, confirmed through DNA Testing) and passed to humans it is believe either through consumption of raw/undercooked meat or through blood exposure to a wound when humans hunted the animals.

HIV neither "appeared" in gay men nor have the majority of the cases in the world been spread by gay men.

>>>>

What has HIV got to do with marriage? Nothing that's what.

I was talking about all unhealthy lifestyles.

I was referring to when it started in America.
The History of HIV and AIDS in America

>>>>

I agree, I don't understand why you brought it up.

Do you support height/weight checks so that obese people in an unhealthly lifestyle don't get married?

Do you support nicotine checks so that smokering people in an unhealthly lifestyle don't get married?

Do you support drug checks so that drug using people in an unhealthly lifestyle don't get married?

Do you support criminal background checks so that thieves don't get married?

Do you support criminal background checks so that pedophiles don't get married?

Do you support criminal background checks so that rapists don't get married?

HIV didn't just "start in America" and that fact that the implication is that it "just appeard" in the homosexual community is wrong, that it is a "gay" problem is wrong.

I know it would be nice for your argument if you can just ignore the reality of the origin and spread of HIV and the fact that it is a serious heterosexual problem, but that wouldn't reflect reality.

Since you cite Avert, they show that worldwide HIV/AIDS infection total 34-million, 50% of those are women, and that there are just over 1-million people in the United States living with HIV/AIDS.

Again you skipped these questions about your focus on homosexual males not being able to Civilly Marry because of HIV/AIDS:

2. Would you support HIV testing as part of Civil Marriage requirements for all participants and the refusal of a license if an individual tests positive for HIV? (Or is it just homosexual males you have an issue with [which takes it back to being gender specific].)

>>>>

>>>>

Marriage helps prevent the spread of HIV by encouraging monogamous relationships

Forum List

Back