Church denies funeral to gay man

"Again, he was not denied a funeral, or even the preacher his mother wanted to use, they were denied the use of a larger church that opposes gay marriage. "

OH! That is DIFFERENT!

Like hell, it is....

Kind of reminds me of when the Catholic church told my wife that her first baby, which was born dead, could not be buried in consecrated ground because the child had not been baptized. That is when she walked out of the church, and never returned.

It is different, the text of most posts here imply that somehow a funeral was denied. It wasn't. It had to be moved to another location.

As for the second, yes until Vatican II the burial of stillborn was something left to the person running the cemetery our graveyard.

I read this book one time. It was about this guy who used to hang out with whores and lepers and thieves and he'd say stuff like "judge not, lest ye be judged" and "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." He was a pretty good character.

But then this group of people started an organization in his name and proceeded to do exactly the opposite of what he said to do and justified their positions with cherry picked statements, thus missing the entire point of the guy's message.

I agree 100% with the legal right to exclude, but have no problem pointing out that they don't love Christ in so doing.

And how would you know? Everyone on here that does love Christ, knows that you have no respect for Christ, and besmirch His name. Enjoy your judgement, hope you find your way before your time is done.

You and the other heretics who pollute the name of our Lord and Savior know no such thing. Your attitude is why social conservatism is waning in the world, righteously so.

What is the name of your lord and savior? Just to set the record strait.

The hypocrisy is certainly there, for ignoring the wisdom of Jesus in stating that those who do it to the least of our fellow humans do it to our Lord and Savior.

The congregation would well suited by principle to affiliate with Westboro Baptist.

Again, why don't you show us Scripture on what Jesus wants. Otherwise proclaim your lord to be Lucifer and be done with it. Every true Christian on here knows you worship a false god, and his name is Lucifer.

You wish people to think you are a Christian, but have nothing to back up that claim. Now yell upstairs to your mother and get your cookies and milk before your nap time.:lol:

The hypocrisy is certainly there, for ignoring the wisdom of Jesus in stating that those who do it to the least of our fellow humans do it to our Lord and Savior.

The congregation would well suited by principle to affiliate with Westboro Baptist.

Again, why don't you show us Scripture on what Jesus wants. Otherwise proclaim your lord to be Lucifer and be done with it. Every true Christian on here knows you worship a false god, and his name is Lucifer.

You wish people to think you are a Christian, but have nothing to back up that claim. Now yell upstairs to your mother and get your cookies and milk before your nap time.:lol:

Would Jesus have turned that man away just because he loved the cock? Would Jesus refuse to minister to any sinner?

Would Jesus have turned that man away just because he loved the cock? Would Jesus refuse to minister to any sinner?

He would minister to him, but he would also encourage him or her to repent.

And that's the point. If Jesus wouldn't say "oh you're a thief and won't stop stealing, so I'm not going to preach to you or have you a part of my congregation" or "you're a whore and won't stop fucking for money" then there's no justification for this church (or any other) to do the same if the sin is homosexuality. Either "love the sinner, hate the sin" means something, or it doesn't.

I read this book one time. It was about this guy who used to hang out with whores and lepers and thieves and he'd say stuff like "judge not, lest ye be judged" and "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." He was a pretty good character.

But then this group of people started an organization in his name and proceeded to do exactly the opposite of what he said to do and justified their positions with cherry picked statements, thus missing the entire point of the guy's message.

As you have just done. All right, ya'll have asked for it, so here it is.

I have read the entire Book, many times over, and I don't take bits and pieces I take it all. So, here goes, hope you enjoy.

Jesus said
John 7:24"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

Paul said
1 Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

Now, concerning the reason why a true Christian Church should not have a funeral ceremony for a married homosexual

1 Corinthians 5…11But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one. 12For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

Churches are to judge the Church and what goes on in the church building. And being a married homosexual is considered immoral in the Church.

Any other questions?

If the man asked Jesus that when he was alive, Jesus would have forgiven him and told him to go and sin no more. Problem is he is no longer alive. He now will face judgement, and not from the Church, but from the Father.

Jesus probably liked cock too, he had lots of male friends, but a girlfriend? Never? That's never as in never had a girlfriend, which makes him gay.

Jesus probably liked cock too, he had lots of male friends, but a girlfriend? Never? That's never as in never had a girlfriend, which makes him gay.

Troll dickwad.

TAMPA, FL (WFLA) - Julie Atwood was standing at her son's casket when the phone rang. The church where her son's funeral was scheduled to be held the next day decided to abruptly cancel the service, after the pastor learned the deceased was gay and his obituary listed a surviving "husband."

Atwood said she was told it would be "blasphemous" to hold the services at the church because her son, Julion Evans, 42, was gay.

He says the obituary named him as "husband," and that their marriage was no secret.

But when the obituary published in the local newspaper, everything changed.

T.W. Jenkins, pastor at New Hope says was not aware of that Evans had a husband or was gay until members of his congregation saw the obit and called to complain. They did not think it was right to have the funeral at their church.

Jenkins said his church preaches against gay marriage.

"Based on our preaching of the scripture, we would have been in error to allow the service in our church," Jenkins said. "I'm not trying to condemn anyone's lifestyle, but at the same time, I am a man of God, and I have to stand up for my principles."

Church denies funeral to gay man - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Pretty stupid, although Sunni Man is an unbelieving atheist.

And that's the point. If Jesus wouldn't say "oh you're a thief and won't stop stealing, so I'm not going to preach to you or have you a part of my congregation" or "you're a whore and won't stop fucking for money" then there's no justification for this church (or any other) to do the same if the sin is homosexuality. Either "love the sinner, hate the sin" means something, or it doesn't.

No, its really not. Unless the sermon to be given at the funeral was a rejection of the person's lifestyle (and I doubt it was) the end was ignore the sinner, and accept the sin for the church holding it, and to them that was a hypocritical position.

No, its really not. Unless the sermon to be given at the funeral was a rejection of the person's lifestyle (and I doubt it was) the end was ignore the sinner, and accept the sin for the church holding it, and to them that was a hypocritical position.

The unbelievers' amazing ability to separate their churches from Christ's love, above, is saddening if not surprising. Their members will have a rude awakening when Christ comes again and says to effect, "I don't care if you did things in my name, I know you not."

Any church and any clergy that get between man/woman and their Savior are going to be handled roughly when their accounting is called

Ok, I will. Read Mathew 7:1-3.

Last edited:

If that is all you got, then get back to your room and let us know when you grow up and become a man, we don't care for children on these boards.

The modern day pharisees like Archer et al are in for a rough wake up call if they don't get their spirits straightened out and in touch with their Lord and Savior.

There is not a whole lot of difference between today's Christianity, and country clubs and fraternities. You must prove yourself worthy to join. When I was a kid, that automatically excluded anyone with dark skin, in my home in Atlanta. God forbid that a sinner enter the sacred halls of the anointed ones. The church in question should just go full bore and imitate the Mormons, and give out "Temple passes" to the chosen ones.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back