Church goers must take their firearms with them to Church

The Clintons have never saved a single soul… Dumbass
Crime sure went down after that crime bill. FACT.

It went down as more Americans owned and carried guns...fact.

Violent crime rates up for 2nd consecutive year
:cuckoo:
Not Due to firearms. dumbass

We are seeing the fruits of more carry now.

Na, firearms have no power over people.
2017 Real Time Death Statistics in America

Nah, we can walk and chew gum at the same time. And before you shart yourself: no, I am not proposing taking away your guns.

I never said they make anyone safer I said that guns in the hands of lawful citizens are not a threat to anyone and since gun laws have no effect on the murder rate as we have seen in the UK why do you think those same laws will reduce the murder rate in this country?

Why do we have so many mass shootings? Cop shootings? Accidental shootings? We have too many guns.

Don't know and don't care why people do what they do.

And we have too many criminals with guns. The vast overwhelming majority of gun owners will never ever commit a crime

So we have the most gun problems and the least gun control.

We don't have the most gun problems.

Like I said states with the most lax gun laws have fewer murders than state with the strictest gun laws.

We have a crime problem not a gun problem. So hold people who commit crimes with guns responsible not people who never will commit a crime with a gun

What civilized country has more gun problems than us?

Prove your claim about states. Link?
Define civilzed

There are plenty of more violent countries than the US

You don't know what flanking means?

The guys were walking side by side before they saw me then they separated one approaching from my right and one from my left.

That is flanking

Distance obviously. How many robberies in the area?

They were closing that distance. And how the fuck would I know how many robberies happen near the bank?

What distance? Well if they happened the police would have told you. Seems they don't there.

So since the cops didn't tell me there were any robberies at the bank recently that obviously means there never ever will be a robbery near the bank right?

For all I know these were the guys responsible for the break ins in the area and they just happened to see me at the night depository. Most crimes are crimes of opportunity after all

They started out about 60 feet or so away on the sidewalk they saw me turned into the lot from the sidewalk then separated as they closed the distance one approaching from the right one from the left I took my gun off my hip when they were 25 feet away. There was no good reason for them to approach me in that manner

So 25 feet away and you whipped out your pistol and they ran away? Not a word spoken? Why wouldn't you talk to them? Cops didn't mention any robberies so you'd have been the only one. We can keep discussing this, but ultimately the gun is easily replaced by common sense. Don't go out in the middle of the night to make a cash deposit at the bank in a shady area. I don't think we should have cops shot and mass shootings and accidental shootings because you have the right to do something stupid.

I took it off my hip and let them see it.

Why would I talk to 2 guys who are flanking me in a bank parking lot at midnight?. And I already told you the area isn't shady. I've lived here for 10 years so I know the shady areas.

No they only mentioned the break ins in the neighborhood and that has nothing to do with what happened unless you think that a robbery can never ever happen just because it hasn't happened before

I have every right to make a night drop at the bank. You seem to forget that I am not responsible for what criminals do. I told you why I was there and I don't usually make night drops but I also didn't want to leave all that cash lying around while I was away.

Like I said you weren't there those guys were not coming up on me the way they did to be friendly.

Not gun culture, since out of 320 million people less than a handful commit mass public shootings. And of those, they are nuts.

And we have way more than any other country. Hence why we are on this board all the time discussing them. That doesn't happen in other countries. When it happens there it is a terrorist attack.

And the other thing that we have that those countries don't...as their violent crime rates go through the roof......Americans who stop violent criminals every single day with their legally owned guns........to the tune of 1,500,000 times a year....

Those are rapes, robberies and murders, all stopped by normal, law abiding Americans who own and sometimes carry guns for self defense....

You of course would prefer that those people be raped......robbed....and murdered, rather than they use a gun to stop those attacks......that is you .....asshole.

Sure and yet I don't know anybody defending themselves with a gun. All those defenses and our crime rates still suck relative to other countries. Thanks gun culture.

They have criminals who don't commit murder....bring them over here....they do throw acid, torture, rape and pour boiling water over the heads of senior citizens....

Sounds like they would murder more with easy access to guns.
you keep saying this but you cannot explain why the murder rate in the UK went up after all their gun laws, bans and confiscations and you can't explain why states with the most lax gun laws have lower murder rates than states with the strictest gun laws

Yes....the British don't tend to do mass shootings, the only thing stopping them? Their nuts just don't do them....they almost had one recently but the kid changed his mind, the one before that the kid bragged about it on Facebook and got caught before he could do it...

Luck is not gun control...

Seems we are the only ones doing it so regularly. Too many guns.

WE , being law abiding gun owners, are't doing any of those things.

And we don't have too many guns we have too many criminals out on the streets because we don't lock up the violent offenders

Yes....the British don't tend to do mass shootings, the only thing stopping them? Their nuts just don't do them....they almost had one recently but the kid changed his mind, the one before that the kid bragged about it on Facebook and got caught before he could do it...

Not enough guns, they happen primarily in gun free zones.

Australia has had a lot of near misses.....their nuts just don't shoot that well....again, luck is not gun control.

You keep making that claim, but violent crime increases as more guns are out there:
FBI: Violent crime increases for second straight year

and what has been the trend since 1990?

and how does that decline compare to the very small increase over the past 2 years?

you really can't seem to understand that the very small increase is irrelevant as compared to the overall decrease in the past 20 years.

Not enough guns, they happen primarily in gun free zones.

Australia has had a lot of near misses.....their nuts just don't shoot that well....again, luck is not gun control.

You keep making that claim, but violent crime increases as more guns are out there:
FBI: Violent crime increases for second straight year

Nope......the increase didn't happen until Ferguson...up till then the violent crime rate had dropped 72%....the gun crime rate 75%....and the gun murder rate dropped 49%...which is why the left supports the Ferguson Effect, they need the crime rate to go up to push for gun control.

Hard Data, Hollow Protests

The reason for the current increase is what I have called the Ferguson Effect. Cops are backing off of proactive policing in high-crime minority neighborhoods, and criminals are becoming emboldened. Having been told incessantly by politicians, the media, and Black Lives Matter activists that they are bigoted for getting out of their cars and questioning someone loitering on a known drug corner at 2 AM, many officers are instead just driving by. Such stops are discretionary; cops don’t have to make them. And when political elites demonize the police for just such proactive policing, we shouldn’t be surprised when cops get the message and do less of it. Seventy-two percent of the nation’s officers say that they and their colleagues are now less willing to stop and question suspicious persons, according to a Pew Research poll released in January. The reason is the persistent anti-cop climate.

Four studies came out in 2016 alone rebutting the charge that police shootings are racially biased. If there is a bias in police shootings, it works in favor of blacks and against whites. That truth has not stopped the ongoing demonization of the police—including, now, by many of the country’s ignorant professional athletes. The toll will be felt, as always, in the inner city, by the thousands of law-abiding people there who desperately want more police protection.

And we had feguson because our police shoot too many people because we have too many guns.

No we have too many people that attack cops. Michael Brown did not have a gun he assaulted an armed officer THAT"S why he got himself dead

REALLY?

Norway, Oslo/Utoeya (2011) 77
Australia, Port Arthur (1996) 35
Brazil (1997) 17
Scotland, Dunblane (1996) 17
Germany, Erfurt (2002) 16
England, Hungerford (1987) 16
Germany, Winnenden (2009) 15
Switzerland, Zug (2001) 14
New Zealand, Aramoana (1990) 13
France, Toulon (1995) 13
Azerbaijan, Baku (2009) 12
Finland, Kauhajok (2008) 10
Canada, Montreal (1989) 9
France, Nanterre (2002) 8
Finland, Tuusula (2007) 8
Japan, Osaka (2001) 8

Do some research
That is many countries over the course of many years. We have them regularly in this one country. We wish there were years between them. Name once country that is even close.
Screenshot-6_18_2015-9_43_12-PM.jpg

Looks like more guns leads to more shootings.

Except..no.

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Thanks to the Bill Clinton crime bill. But what is happening now?

From your own link

But the violent crime rate remains well below historical rates. As recently as 2007, there were 1.4 million violent crimes committed across the country. The rate of violent crimes committed per 100,000 residents has declined from 611 in 1997 to 386.3 today

well, let's see, who to believe.... your colon, or a scientific study.... hmm, tough call...
So maybe you can explain since BrainDead won't why states with the most lax gun laws have lower murder rates than states with the strictest gun laws or why the murder rate in the UK went UP not down after all their gun laws bans and confiscations.

Forum List

Back