Church goers must take their firearms with them to Church

Why do we have so many mass shootings? Cop shootings? Accidental shootings? We have too many guns.

Don't know and don't care why people do what they do.

And we have too many criminals with guns. The vast overwhelming majority of gun owners will never ever commit a crime

So we have the most gun problems and the least gun control.

We don't have the most gun problems.

Like I said states with the most lax gun laws have fewer murders than state with the strictest gun laws.

We have a crime problem not a gun problem. So hold people who commit crimes with guns responsible not people who never will commit a crime with a gun

What civilized country has more gun problems than us?

Prove your claim about states. Link?
Define civilzed

There are plenty of more violent countries than the US

Countries not at war, not third world countries, not countries with no rights, politically stable... I'm talking countries that can actually be fairly compare to the US.

And we have way more than any other country. Hence why we are on this board all the time discussing them. That doesn't happen in other countries. When it happens there it is a terrorist attack.

And the other thing that we have that those countries don't...as their violent crime rates go through the roof......Americans who stop violent criminals every single day with their legally owned guns........to the tune of 1,500,000 times a year....

Those are rapes, robberies and murders, all stopped by normal, law abiding Americans who own and sometimes carry guns for self defense....

You of course would prefer that those people be raped......robbed....and murdered, rather than they use a gun to stop those attacks......that is you .....asshole.

Sure and yet I don't know anybody defending themselves with a gun. All those defenses and our crime rates still suck relative to other countries. Thanks gun culture.

They have criminals who don't commit murder....bring them over here....they do throw acid, torture, rape and pour boiling water over the heads of senior citizens....

Sounds like they would murder more with easy access to guns.
you keep saying this but you cannot explain why the murder rate in the UK went up after all their gun laws, bans and confiscations and you can't explain why states with the most lax gun laws have lower murder rates than states with the strictest gun laws

How much were gun ownership rates effected?

well, let's see, who to believe.... your colon, or a scientific study.... hmm, tough call...
So maybe you can explain since BrainDead won't why states with the most lax gun laws have lower murder rates than states with the strictest gun laws or why the murder rate in the UK went UP not down after all their gun laws bans and confiscations.

You will have to prove that is first true. Last I checked CA and TX had pretty much the same crime rates. Now you can find states with no population and no large cities with lax gun laws and low crime, but they also don't hardly have people to commit crimes. Hawaii has low crime and hardly any guns.

That is many countries over the course of many years. We have them regularly in this one country. We wish there were years between them. Name once country that is even close.
Screenshot-6_18_2015-9_43_12-PM.jpg

Looks like more guns leads to more shootings.

Except..no.

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Thanks to the Bill Clinton crime bill. But what is happening now?

Violent crime rates up for 2nd consecutive year

From your own link

But the violent crime rate remains well below historical rates. As recently as 2007, there were 1.4 million violent crimes committed across the country. The rate of violent crimes committed per 100,000 residents has declined from 611 in 1997 to 386.3 today

The gun nuts claim conecealed carry lowers crime, yet violent crime is actually going up.

Yes....the British don't tend to do mass shootings, the only thing stopping them? Their nuts just don't do them....they almost had one recently but the kid changed his mind, the one before that the kid bragged about it on Facebook and got caught before he could do it...

Luck is not gun control...

Seems we are the only ones doing it so regularly. Too many guns.

WE , being law abiding gun owners, are't doing any of those things.

And we don't have too many guns we have too many criminals out on the streets because we don't lock up the violent offenders
Law abiding till they are not:
VPC: Concealed Carry Killers

No...our criminals attack police more often than in other countries.......but don't worry, they are catching up over seas...

US cops killed 100 times more than German police in 2015

Yeah....our criminals are more willing to commit murder than European criminals.....until now....that is changing. The Europeans comply with their police, they don't fight and try to kill them.

Our criminals are just better armed. Guns everywhere.
So you finally admit that the problem is criminals and not guns in the hands of people who aren't criminals?

So what do you propose to do to keep criminals from shooting people?

And taking guns away from law abiding people isn't an acceptable answer
"And taking guns away from law abiding people isn't an acceptable answer"

Unless they have been deemed to mentally unfit to own a gun.

Who gets to do the "deeming"?

Yes....the British don't tend to do mass shootings, the only thing stopping them? Their nuts just don't do them....they almost had one recently but the kid changed his mind, the one before that the kid bragged about it on Facebook and got caught before he could do it...

And we don't have too many guns we have too many criminals out on the streets because we don't lock up the violent offenders

So you support punishing by taking away guns before someone is guilty?

My church typically has more than one person carrying as well as first aid equipment for gunshots.
Leftists and Islamos have made worship in America a dangerous practice.

We got a defibrillator. Shame anyone feels a need to pack heat in their holy places.

The shame is that people have to defend themselves in such a manner at their holy places.

It is. That said, there is nothing there in the Bible about packing heat at worship. And it was s a shame folks would have to go to church strapped up, but I'm glad I live where being able to defend my self is legal.

Don't know and don't care why people do what they do.

And we have too many criminals with guns. The vast overwhelming majority of gun owners will never ever commit a crime

So we have the most gun problems and the least gun control.

We don't have the most gun problems.

Like I said states with the most lax gun laws have fewer murders than state with the strictest gun laws.

We have a crime problem not a gun problem. So hold people who commit crimes with guns responsible not people who never will commit a crime with a gun

What civilized country has more gun problems than us?

Prove your claim about states. Link?
Define civilzed

There are plenty of more violent countries than the US

Countries not at war, not third world countries, not countries with no rights, politically stable... I'm talking countries that can actually be fairly compare to the US.

I really don't care about other countries and what they do or don't do.
I don't live in those countries
I do not want to live in those countries

My church typically has more than one person carrying as well as first aid equipment for gunshots.

We got a defibrillator. Shame anyone feels a need to pack heat in their holy places.

The shame is that people have to defend themselves in such a manner at their holy places.

It is. That said, there is nothing there in the Bible about packing heat at worship. And it was s a shame folks would have to go to church strapped up, but I'm glad I live where being able to defend my self is legal.

There are passages related to self defense:

Luke 22:35-39 And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing." 36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 37 "For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end." 38 So they said, "Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, "It is enough." 39 Coming out, He went to the Mount of Olives, as He was accustomed, and His disciples also followed Him.

Here we go again with the same old and flawed argument that gun owners are all just criminals in waiting.

So can I assume you are also a criminal in waiting?
Maybe you're a child molester in waiting
A rapist in waiting
A wife beater in waiting

So can I curb your rights before you commit any of those crimes which you will surely commit in the future?

Here we go again with the same old and flawed argument that gun owners are all just criminals in waiting.

So can I assume you are also a criminal in waiting?
Maybe you're a child molester in waiting
A rapist in waiting
A wife beater in waiting

So can I curb your rights before you commit any of those crimes which you will surely commit in the future?

It's the application of a concept the very ones doing it say shouldn't be done, applying the actions of one to the whole.

There is something about swords though guns are nothing but modern day swords

Luke 22:35-39 And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing." 36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 37 "For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end." 38 So they said, "Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, "It is enough." 39 Coming out, He went to the Mount of Olives, as He was accustomed, and His disciples also followed Him.

The
You assume that if someone didn't have a gun the murder wouldn't occur.

Well we don't see mass shootings constantly in other civilized countries. Police aren't shooting people regularly either. And their police aren't constantly being gunned down.

REALLY?

Norway, Oslo/Utoeya (2011) 77
Australia, Port Arthur (1996) 35
Brazil (1997) 17
Scotland, Dunblane (1996) 17
Germany, Erfurt (2002) 16
England, Hungerford (1987) 16
Germany, Winnenden (2009) 15
Switzerland, Zug (2001) 14
New Zealand, Aramoana (1990) 13
France, Toulon (1995) 13
Azerbaijan, Baku (2009) 12
Finland, Kauhajok (2008) 10
Canada, Montreal (1989) 9
France, Nanterre (2002) 8
Finland, Tuusula (2007) 8
Japan, Osaka (2001) 8

Do some research

Australia's Gun Laws May Have Stopped Mass Shootings, Study Finds
LOL, You are relying on an NBC News story!
Why not the NY Times or WAPO.
All very leftist rags.
Post all the Australia mass shootings this year. We will compare to US.

No one cares about Australia. But so you know, school massacres in countries where folks can't own guns is common. Bombs are popular and they are completely impossible to "ban" or in anyway prevent from getting into the wrong hands. She do people are the issue not the guns.

Pretty much, but I'm thinking there was more to what was said, and is posted above. Don't matter really. The Bible also says "render unto Cesar", basically it says follow the law. The law says guns are okay in church. It just sucks that folks can't just go, eat a bunch of junk food and hang out. Instead they have to wonder if a member of some fringe group will swing in and shoot them.

well, let's see, who to believe.... your colon, or a scientific study.... hmm, tough call...
So maybe you can explain since BrainDead won't why states with the most lax gun laws have lower murder rates than states with the strictest gun laws or why the murder rate in the UK went UP not down after all their gun laws bans and confiscations.

You will have to prove that is first true. Last I checked CA and TX had pretty much the same crime rates. Now you can find states with no population and no large cities with lax gun laws and low crime, but they also don't hardly have people to commit crimes. Hawaii has low crime and hardly any guns.
People kill people, not firearms...

People kill people, not firearms...
We all know guns walk around shooting people.
Outlawing guns will get them off the streets. Like they did in Chicago and DC.

And they are wrong.....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Forum List

Back