Cia director david petraeus submits letter of resignation

Clinton was wrong: Lewinsky did not threaten national security.

Petraeus was wrong: his paramour may have had access to national security material.

And you think Lewinsky didn't have access to national security material? :eusa_shifty:

As has already been pointed out, he was. He is still known as General Petraes, and, one more time, it's not uncommon for high profile individuals, like politicians to resign for the same reason.

Resigning when an affair is discovered is fairly common

just as Romney was called Governor....its an honorific...;)

Why was he called Governor? And why is Powell still called Secretary?

I thought the rule of thumb was that you are called by your highest ranking title. I would think that we would go back to calling Powell General.

And wouldn't Romney consider Bishop to be a higher title than Governor?

what the hell are you talking about? dude, stop...:alcoholic:

Ah right, so Petraeus has invented this story about his infidelity so he can use it as an excuse to resign?

lol, move over birthers.

What does marital fidelity have to do with the job of CIA director? He might have had an affair, but that of itself seems to be no reason to resign. Nobody cares and he wasn't running for election.

You can't really be this dumb. Any CIA agent would be fired for doing anything that would subject them to blackmail.

Did you feel that way when Clinton was having an affair?

Who cares?

Americans make too big a deal out of sex.

It's like telling a compass not to point north.

Petraeus was wrong: his paramour may have had access to national security material.

And you think Lewinsky didn't have access to national security material? :eusa_shifty:

Considering that she was just an intern, she may have had access to certain classified documents, but nothing concerning national security. Those briefings are brought in to the President and then taken away when they leave, or he goes to the Pentagon to receive the news.

Apparently you don't know much about how the classified system works. I do, I was a Personnelman for 20 years in the U.S. Navy from 1982 until 2002.

Lol, she takes the time to slam Obama and praise the general, but clearly shes been "got to" ;)
How long did it take for her to spin on a dime and decide that the Senate really didn't need his testimony?

Just a coincidence, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Nothing is stopping the House from sending him a subpoena. Of course don't let facts get in the way of connecting the crackpot dots.

if robert muller the FBI chief, knew about this before the election, that opens up a huge can of worms.

Did he pass it on to the WH staff? if not why not? and if he did? oh boy.
Before or after the election is irrelevant. Patraeus is seen as one of Bush's guys by the country. He is associated with Republicans, just like Robert Gates. All the speculation about him running for POTUS was that would run as a Republican.

if robert muller the FBI chief, knew about this before the election, that opens up a huge can of worms.

Before or after the election is irrelevant. Patraeus is seen as one of Bush's guys by the country. He is associated with Republicans, just like Robert Gates. All the speculation about him running for POTUS was that would run as a Republican.

oh right got it, like Tenet, whos he associated with?

:lol:go ahead, twist yourself into a pretzel some more.....

it matters a great deal, if they knew before the election, why did they wait or let him wait to tender his resignation? If Muller didn't tell them, why not? when did he find out?

Considering that she was just an intern, she may have had access to certain classified documents, but nothing concerning national security. Those briefings are brought in to the President and then taken away when they leave, or he goes to the Pentagon to receive the news.

Apparently you don't know much about how the classified system works. I do, I was a Personnelman for 20 years in the U.S. Navy from 1982 until 2002.

:lol:

just as Romney was called Governor....its an honorific...;)

Why was he called Governor? And why is Powell still called Secretary?

I thought the rule of thumb was that you are called by your highest ranking title. I would think that we would go back to calling Powell General.

And wouldn't Romney consider Bishop to be a higher title than Governor?

what the hell are you talking about? dude, stop...:alcoholic:
Read it again, slower if you must.

Has been screwing around so now he's stepping down..

ta da!

Doubtful that is the real reason.

Politics as usual sounds more likely to me. Much more to this story.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Doubtful that is the real reason.

Politics as usual sounds more likely to me. Much more to this story.

Patreaus is too far up to get burnt by an extramarital affair, and he's not a politician who's dependent on good will of the public. Something's rotten in Denmark. I have to wonder if it's not just about the congressional testimony he was supposed to do, but maybe about covering up the paper trail within the organization. I expect whoever ends up in charge will be a strict Obama loyalist and whatever evidence might have been there will be gone by morning.

What does marital fidelity have to do with the job of CIA director? He might have had an affair, but that of itself seems to be no reason to resign. Nobody cares and he wasn't running for election.

You can't really be this dumb. Any CIA agent would be fired for doing anything that would subject them to blackmail.

Did you feel that way when Clinton was having an affair?

We're currently talking about Petreaus. Please try and keep up.

Just like Colon Powell :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Lol, she takes the time to slam Obama and praise the general, but clearly shes been "got to" ;)
How long did it take for her to spin on a dime and decide that the Senate really didn't need his testimony?

Just a coincidence, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Nothing is stopping the House from sending him a subpoena. Of course don't let facts get in the way of connecting the crackpot dots.
True. It's on Republican Rep. Chairman Mike Rogers of the Intel committee. Maybe also Republican Rep. Chairman Howard McKeon of Armed Services.

C'mon, wingnuts: bring the heat on them. :lol:

Forum List

Back