Civil War: Dem Compares Obamacare Fight to Gettysburg

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) compared those who oppose Obamacare to the South in the Civil War saying, “This is Gettysburg, this is the big battle and after this the Civil War was pretty much down hill for the South. That’s really what’s happening here for the forces against Obamacare.” McDermott appeared on C-Span’s Washington Journal on Wednesday. The host asked if President Obama would compromise spending in other government departments in order to continue funding the implementation of Obamacare.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/civil-war-dem-compares-obamacare-fight-gettysburg

LOL.....bring it.

Harry R will simply bring the 51 vote cloture to the Senate if the reactionaries get stupid.

LOL. When the ACA goes into effect in 2014, a lot of people are going to learn that now they have access to basic health care insurance at a price that they can afford. And a lot of Republicans are going to see votes lost as people realize the lies they have been telling.

It sure would be nice if I had basic health insurance I could afford right now. Sure I had it before my rates skyrocketed once the Obamacare ball got rolling, but it'll be good to have it again...someday...hopefully...

Once the healthy younger votes are in the system, the prices will plummet.

On day one of my Intro to Macroeconomics class we were exposed to this thing called the Law of Supply and Demand. It seems that there is a finite amount of resources and that the more resources are demanded, the higher the prices for those resources cost.

I fail to see how adding 40 million people to the insurance rolls, all of who have their own medical demands, is going to result in lower prices.

On day one of my Intro to Macroeconomics class we were exposed to this thing called the Law of Supply and Demand. It seems that there is a finite amount of resources and that the more resources are demanded, the higher the prices for those resources cost.

I fail to see how adding 40 million people to the insurance rolls, all of who have their own medical demands, is going to result in lower prices.

Because prices were controlled artificially to maximize profit.

One has only to look at other nations, Canada, Japan, France, and even little Costa Rica, to realize that we are paying far more for far less than these nations, and getting very inferior results.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgOl3cETb4]"We're Number 37" - Paul Hipp - YouTube[/ame]

You mean forced in to subsidized you,you hope,real good chance they just pay the penalty.

That will be a start as well. Medicaid inflation is at its slowest and lowest in years, NY's cost will go down 50% is the estimate, and the expansion in Utah will cover 126,000 new patients and add over 4,000 jobs.

Oh, you subsidize me, anyway, chikenwing, I am 100% VA covered for serving and protecting all Americans, including you. Thank you.

If the ACA is so great and affordable I wonder why Congress and the staffers for Congress and the Unions are trying to get exempted from it?

I think the only winners will be those that the rest of us will be forced to subsidize.

Harry R will simply bring the 51 vote cloture to the Senate if the reactionaries get stupid.

Then watch that backfire when those reactionaries regain control of the Senate. Careful now. The old saying "you reap what you sow" comes to mind here.

I have always opposed the 60 vote rule in the Senate, which allows one party to stop legislation, whether GOP or Dem. Let the senators get up on their feet (I admire Rand and Davis for doing that) and filibuster. Presidents should always have up and down votes on their nominations, whether Dem or GOP.

If the ACA is so great and affordable I wonder why Congress and the staffers for Congress and the Unions are trying to get exempted from it?

I think the only winners will be those that the rest of us will be forced to subsidize.

They should be part of ACA, period.

You mean forced in to subsidized you,you hope,real good chance they just pay the penalty.

That will be a start as well. Medicaid inflation is at its slowest and lowest in years, NY's cost will go down 50% is the estimate, and the expansion in Utah will cover 126,000 new patients and add over 4,000 jobs.

Oh, you subsidize me, anyway, chikenwing, I am 100% VA covered for serving and protecting all Americans, including you. Thank you.

Medicaid inflation is at its slowest and lowest in years

Don't believe that,medical costs have done nothing but go UP numbers on white paper.

Would you buy a product that they can't tell you what the price will be,let alone be forced into it???

would you do that ? I don't believe for one second New Yorks prices will drop 50% not buying it,I live in that state I know how it works here 50% is a dream propaganda.

Republican my ass.

Medicaid inflation is at its slowest and lowest in years

Don't believe that,medical costs have done nothing but go UP numbers on white paper.

Don't believe it then. Your problem, not mine.

Here is the elephant in the room......

Initial rates have been set with no hard baseline numbers (true loss ratios)...this means they are best guess.

This is why some states have (most notably Liberal) offered lower initial rates while others....(not quite as Liberal) have put forth shall we say more pessimistic numbers.

NOBODY knows what will happen.

Oh yes, and my source is a Blue Cross Blue Shield Executive I had a conversation with yesterday.

Forum List

Back