Civil War: Dem Compares Obamacare Fight to Gettysburg

Here is the elephant in the room......

Initial rates have been set with no hard baseline numbers (true loss ratios)...this means they are best guess.

This is why some states have (most notably Liberal) offered lower initial rates while others....(not quite as Liberal) have put forth shall we say more pessimistic numbers.

NOBODY knows what will happen.

Thank you for your comment. We have read doom n gloom to rays and sunshine forever.

Last edited:
Once the healthy younger votes are in the system, the prices will plummet.

Why would they join in Jake when it's not in their economic best interest to do so

images

^ That's how much Jake Loves Obamacare

Here is the elephant in the room......

Initial rates have been set with no hard baseline numbers (true loss ratios)...this means they are best guess.

This is why some states have (most notably Liberal) offered lower initial rates while others....(not quite as Liberal) have put forth shall we say more pessimistic numbers.

NOBODY knows what will happen.

Thank you for an unbiased comment.

You are welcome, I have noticed you have toned it down a bit too.

By the way, the same executive said that the greatest fear is in the inaccuracies of the rates...and the fact that those rates are locked in for two yeras...it could be devastating...and for those who don't know ( not pointing at anyone) BCBS is a non-profit.

On day one of my Intro to Macroeconomics class we were exposed to this thing called the Law of Supply and Demand. It seems that there is a finite amount of resources and that the more resources are demanded, the higher the prices for those resources cost.

I fail to see how adding 40 million people to the insurance rolls, all of who have their own medical demands, is going to result in lower prices.

Because prices were controlled artificially to maximize profit.

Ever since the government got involved, amiright?

Once the healthy younger votes are in the system, the prices will plummet.

You mean forced in to subsidized you,you hope,real good chance they just pay the penalty.

That will be a start as well. Medicaid inflation is at its slowest and lowest in years, NY's cost will go down 50% is the estimate, and the expansion in Utah will cover 126,000 new patients and add over 4,000 jobs.

Oh, you subsidize me, anyway, chikenwing, I am 100% VA covered for serving and protecting all Americans, including you. Thank you.

we never needed protected by you, maybe protected from your communistic far left ideas

You mean forced in to subsidized you,you hope,real good chance they just pay the penalty.

That will be a start as well. Medicaid inflation is at its slowest and lowest in years, NY's cost will go down 50% is the estimate, and the expansion in Utah will cover 126,000 new patients and add over 4,000 jobs.

Oh, you subsidize me, anyway, chikenwing, I am 100% VA covered for serving and protecting all Americans, including you. Thank you.

we never needed protected by you, maybe protected from your communistic far left ideas
crusaderfrank-albums-usmb-members-picture5905-starkey-wp-card.jpg

If the ACA is so great and affordable I wonder why Congress and the staffers for Congress and the Unions are trying to get exempted from it?

I think the only winners will be those that the rest of us will be forced to subsidize.

They should be part of ACA, period.

The fact that Congress and the Unions are trying to opt out should tell everyone everything they need to know about the ACA.

Jim McDermott said "we are at war". He was absolutely correct and it's time someone actually said the words.

Quote: Originally Posted by Steven_R View Post
On day one of my Intro to Macroeconomics class we were exposed to this thing called the Law of Supply and Demand. It seems that there is a finite amount of resources and that the more resources are demanded, the higher the prices for those resources cost.

I fail to see how adding 40 million people to the insurance rolls, all of who have their own medical demands, is going to result in lower prices.

:clap2:

We're not going to fix what ails our health care delivery system, by simple tinkering with who pays for it.

That is my primary objection to ACA.

That is a start, editec. Just like Margaret Thatcher, I have no problem with a NHC approved by 85% of the population.

That is a start, editec. Just like Margaret Thatcher, I have no problem with a NHC approved by 85% of the population.

It's a start, meaning we'll throw out a bad bill and constantly tinker with it instead of working to get a good bill in the first place.

It's a start, meaning we'll throw out a bad bill and constantly tinker with it instead of working to get a good bill in the first place.

You can thank the far left and the right of the Dems for where we are, no one else.

They are responsible for this monstrosity.

you seriously believe an internet troll who is changing his story every few weeks?

Vox, you are a nOOb is fun to read, nothing more. :lol:

And thank you for subsidizing my VA care. I earned it while you were in diapers.

The subsidies that we will be forced to fund are totally insufficient, putting ObamaCare on a Death spiral

The plan all along, of course. Crash the system.

Both parties are engaged in crashing the other's priorities. Nothing new here.

Read what I'm writing, Jake. The plan was to crash the entire health care system, not reform it. And when it crashes, people will clamor for the government to take it over entirely. Nationalize it.

More power for government, more power over individual lives.

That's been the plan all along.

Forum List

Back