🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Civil war

Ive said for a while as we ramp up the rhetoric that we are pushing our nation towards civil war. I was mocked for saying that. I was even accused of wanting it because I was warning against it.

We are alot closer than you think. Be careful
Yes and all the blood that will be shed will be on the lefts/ liberals hands. They have created the divisiveness, racial tension and hatred in this country. Obama fueled those fires just as well. This was a long time coming (LONG before Trump hit the scene). I saw it 4-5 years ago.

This all started when Obama took office. Americans couldn't oppose his policies without being called racist. If you disagreed with him on X, Y or Z it was because you were racist. Didn't help that there were legit racist pigs who opposed him simply for the color of his skin, but they were far from the majority.

At any rate, here we are. The stage is set and we could very well see a race war in this country if the left does not stop with the dangerous rhetoric.

Ive said for a while as we ramp up the rhetoric that we are pushing our nation towards civil war. I was mocked for saying that. I was even accused of wanting it because I was warning against it.

Yes and all the blood that will be shed will be on the lefts/ liberals hands. They have created the divisiveness, racial tension and hatred in this country. Obama fueled those fires just as well. This was a long time coming (LONG before Trump hit the scene). I saw it 4-5 years ago.
Nonsense.

This all started when Obama took office. Americans couldn't oppose his policies without being called racist. If you disagreed with him on X, Y or Z it was because you were racist. Didn't help that there were legit racist pigs who opposed him simply for the color of his skin, but they were far from the majority.
Total Nonsense.

At any rate, here we are. The stage is set and we could very well see a race war in this country if the left does not stop with the dangerous rhetoric.

Absolute Nonsense.

Coincidentally a trump supporter posted this thread entitled:

"Kansas City Police don't take no shit from Anti American Anti Trump scum"

Somehow liberals are divisive while Trump supporters are now equating being Anti-Trump with being Anti-American.

Actually - it really started under Bush. Divisiveness is far older than that but the deep divisions began when Bush adopted the 'if you are with us then you are against us.' It was one of the deep travesties that Bush presided over and Obama is simply continuing that political trend.

thCALQ02RM.jpg

The primary architect of the divisive politics was Lee Atwater. You see above a quote he made when he got a terminal disease. The Democrats started hitting back around 1992, Gore screwed up in 2000, and they found another fighter in 2008.

Lee and company made it to where you can't appear weak; ever: and you constantly had to be on the attack. It often brings out the worst in people only because they spend 99% of their time being congenial to their kids, grandkids, donors, spouse, constituents, the waitress at the restaurant, the guy installing their cable, delivering pizza etc... When they have to put on the armor and do battle, it becomes this regrettable display that most in Washington would rather not engage in probably.

The big difference you're seeing with Mr. Trump is that he doesn't care how dirty he gets as long as he tarnishes you; his trash supporters are already in the gutter so they care little as well.

You'll note when you examine their rhetoric the thirst to inflict damage...regardless of the victims.

Last edited:

All it would take is one attack against us and the country would forget all this politics and come together. And all this trump support actually brings repubs closer to Dems. Trump and the Dems agree that the bush wars were a disaster. Until trump, the repubs were denying it.

And one should indeed be mocked for saying something so ridiculous – there will be no 'civil war,' the notion is hyperbolic demagoguery.

The vast majority of Americans are apolitical, many paying little attention to current events, most undecided as to how they'll vote, where indeed many make voting decisions at the last minute.

Stop watching cable news, take a break from the political forums and sites, and stop worrying about nonsense such as 'civil war.'

View attachment 67104

The primary architect of the divisive politics was Lee Atwater. You see above a quote he made when he got a terminal disease. The Democrats started hitting back around 1992, Gore screwed up in 2000, and they found another fighter in 2008.

Lee and company made it to where you can't appear weak; ever: and you constantly had to be on the attack. It often brings out the worst in people only because they spend 99% of their time being congenial to their kids, grandkids, donors, spouse, constituents, the waitress at the restaurant, the guy installing their cable, delivering pizza etc... When they have to put on the armor and do battle, it becomes this regrettable display that most in Washington would rather not engage in probably.

The big difference you're seeing with Mr. Trump is that he doesn't care how dirty he gets as long as he tarnishes you; his trash supporters are already in the gutter so they care little as well.

You'll note when you examine their rhetoric the thirst to inflict damage...regardless of the victims.
Exactly.

And the use of divisive politics by republicans began around the same time the GOP made its Faustian bargain with the social right – when republicans abandoned sound, responsible governance and replaced it with extremism and blind adherence to failed conservative dogma, and conservatives who practiced wise public policy were replaced with rightist ideologues and demagogues.

This is nothing but nonsense and lies.

Again, there will be no 'civil war,' and no 'blood' on anyone's hands.

This all started during the late 60s and early 70s when republicans abandoned sound, responsible governance, and conservatives replaced reason, facts, and logic with errant rightist dogma and demagoguery.

Social conservatism and religious fundamentalism conjoined with the reactionary right's fear of change, diversity, and dissent created a toxic atmosphere where conservatives felt 'justified' to attack those whom they feared and disapproved of – by seeking to deny women their right to privacy, denying gay Americans their civil rights for no other reason than who they are, and advocating for the conjoining of church and state in violation of the Framers' mandate and settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence; all the consequence of conservative arrogance and intolerance.

Whites put a black man in the White House and yet the accusations of racism and open hostility towards whites and law enforcement is at an all time high. Blatant attacks on law enforcement. Blatant rioting and looting. Its going to blow up in their faces.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that we could have another civil war. However, it is probably more unlikely than in any other country on the globe. Mostly due to our freedom of political speech and ability to petition for redress. Also because of our wide diversity. It is difficult to imagine an issue which could so politically divide us that it would bring us to the point of civil revolution. Now, some will argue, we had a civil war once before so we can have one again... but, we must put some things into perspective with that argument.

The original civil war was a war of declared independence by one side from another. When it unfolded, there was a great question as to whether it could legitimately be done. It had never been done before and according to those who favored secession, they felt the constitution allowed such an action. Since then, this question has been answered and states simply have no constitutional authority to secede from the union. Thus, such modern day considerations would be met with more skepticism than the first go around. We didn't know if we could do it, we now know we can't do it.

Another thing is the missing fundamental issue. Slavery had been an issue for nearly a century before the civil war, indeed, it dated back to before our founding when we were still colonies. So we had this seething issue that political discourse had not resolved and appeared to be unable to resolve to the satisfaction of everyone. Today, we don't really have such a pressing issue that so divides us in a way that can't be overcome.

Finally, we have the prism of past experience. It's interesting and amusing that when the Civil War broke out, there were gatherings at the battlegrounds by groups of people with their picnic baskets and blankets... come to watch the matches.... like a sporting event. Our public concept of what a Civil War looked like, was naive and childlike. Suffice it to say, after 4 years and millions of lives affected by the war in the most brutal way, the sentiment was much different by the end. Any serious modern consideration of a civil war would be met with scholarly reminders of the horrid consequences of the last one. Something we didn't have going for us the last time.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that we could have another civil war. However, it is probably more unlikely than in any other country on the globe. Mostly due to our freedom of political speech and ability to petition for redress. Also because of our wide diversity. It is difficult to imagine an issue which could so politically divide us that it would bring us to the point of civil revolution. Now, some will argue, we had a civil war once before so we can have one again... but, we must put some things into perspective with that argument.

The original civil war was a war of declared independence by one side from another. When it unfolded, there was a great question as to whether it could legitimately be done. It had never been done before and according to those who favored secession, they felt the constitution allowed such an action. Since then, this question has been answered and states simply have no constitutional authority to secede from the union. Thus, such modern day considerations would be met with more skepticism than the first go around. We didn't know if we could do it, we now know we can't do it.

Another thing is the missing fundamental issue. Slavery had been an issue for nearly a century before the civil war, indeed, it dated back to before our founding when we were still colonies. So we had this seething issue that political discourse had not resolved and appeared to be unable to resolve to the satisfaction of everyone. Today, we don't really have such a pressing issue that so divides us in a way that can't be overcome.

Finally, we have the prism of past experience. It's interesting and amusing that when the Civil War broke out, there were gatherings at the battlegrounds by groups of people with their picnic baskets and blankets... come to watch the matches.... like a sporting event. Our public concept of what a Civil War looked like, was naive and childlike. Suffice it to say, after 4 years and millions of lives affected by the war in the most brutal way, the sentiment was much different by the end. Any serious modern consideration of a civil war would be met with scholarly reminders of the horrid consequences of the last one. Something we didn't have going for us the last time.

Slavery is alive and well my friend, slavery and obedience to the state.

Whites put a black man in the White House and yet the accusations of racism and open hostility towards whites and law enforcement is at an all time high. Blatant attacks on law enforcement. Blatant rioting and looting. Its going to blow up in their faces.

Bull Shit

Whites didn't put a black man in the Presidency; Americans from all races did because he was the superior candidate to his opponents in that election year (both times).

Still the "reasoning" (if you want to call it that) is fucking funny.... "Whitey did you a favor and THIS is the thanks you get????" The reason there is protests against police officers is because there are multiple incidents caught on video and thusly are undeniable that police have used deadly force when it was not needed and then lied about it; thus casting doubt on all of the previous times police insisted their lives were in danger. We've seen Sandra Bland rousted from her car for not putting out a cigarette, another black shot in the back when the cop said that he pulled his taser from him--only to drop the taser by the dead body later on. There are several others...And yes, there are incidents of pure thuggery by blacks that have gotten blown out of proportion by the media in terms of both importance and cause.
Obama acted, in my opinion, stupidly by elevating some of the incidents to the presidential level (Travon Martin and the incident where cops arrested a tenured professor). Presidents have the right to highlight causes but he didn't need to add those to his inbox. Outside of the thuggery being celebrated and the interference by the President, there is ample reason for blacks to be upset by police behavior.

There is never a reason for violence, regardless from which quarter it comes.

Not enough liberals own guns for there to be a civil war. The vast majority that does is hoodlums in big cities like Chicago, and New York, and most of those cant actually aim one, so a rifle could take them out pretty easy. Of coarse, the only good hoodlum is a dead hoodlum, so let them keep killing each other in those big cities, it makes my day everytime I hear about gang violence and dead gang members.

Actually - it really started under Bush. Divisiveness is far older than that but the deep divisions began when Bush adopted the 'if you are with us then you are against us.' It was one of the deep travesties that Bush presided over and Obama is simply continuing that political trend.

That definitely is a major contributing factor, but even that is not the source, IMO. It was the first public expression of severe division. But the major divisiveness began before that, during the Clinton administration and the GOP politics of personal destruction, and the rise of Tom DeLay and Dick Armey to the helm of the party. By the time Bush came along, he was merely putting on a convenient front for the ugly underbelly.

The lesson is that we must be mindful that we will eventually reap what we sow.

It is nice to know that your sympathies lie with terrorists.

You do not start an insurgency by enlisting half the nation to fight it. Resolutions by the leadership would be reach to pacify them long before you could truly insight them.

Its start when some group realize that they cannot survive without a war! Once that is achieved, you only need to begin the process of polarization a large number of people(not half the population--10% that are willing to fight is more than good enough!) to fight the war in order to get the ball rolling.

Let us take a look at the current situation by ideology.

The Moderates are a mainstay.. Social Conservatives can survive. The left can survive. The far right, as long as it holds to the libertarian nature of our founders, can survive. The far left--our national leadership has rendered this group moot!

So, who needs a war to survive?

It is nice to know that your sympathies lie with terrorists.
And here we have the result of that rhetoric.

My sympathies do not lie with the terrorists - they lie with a nation that has a government that tried to paint it own citizens and congressmen as terrorists because they did not agree with the Bush agenda. If you do not understand how that has come to be so caustic in political arenas then you are simply not paying attention to what is going on.

Forum List

Back