Civility in Politics

All I am asking is which politicians on the right where uncivil before that vote, and what did they say? I could care less bout people on the streets, because we cannot label them one way or the other to be left or right.

You weren't paying attention, grunt11b. Both sides were acting like asses.

Jake, I think he wants you to name names and give examples of Republican incivility....

I already posted the Joe Wilson comment, got anything else?

We watched it on TV right through December 09 into 2010. We all saw it. Grunt does not get to dictate reality.

In other words, I am not playing to his silliness.

Or yours for that matter, Guy.

You lie if you deny.

Common knowledge is enough, Guy, a link is not required.

You don't like it, go cry, but your disapproval doan' mean nuthin', ese?

You want civility? Forget it. Some ideas rightly deserve ridicule. There is not a single politically minded person of any ideology that is going to act civil in the face of outrageous assaults on their sensibilities. Mud and a strong throwing arm are time honored political tools, you want civility? You first.

You dont see republicans calling democrats demons do you? I have yet to hear one uncivil word come out of a republicans mouth in years. Can you post a video of one?

really, liar?

try doing a search for the word "DemonRats" or "DemocRATS" on this board alone.

grow up.

You want civility? Forget it. Some ideas rightly deserve ridicule. There is not a single politically minded person of any ideology that is going to act civil in the face of outrageous assaults on their sensibilities. Mud and a strong throwing arm are time honored political tools, you want civility? You first.

You dont see republicans calling democrats demons do you? I have yet to hear one uncivil word come out of a republicans mouth in years. Can you post a video of one?

really, liar?

grow up.

I doubt those terms are used by Republican politicians, at least not in public. The thread is about the words of politicians, do try to keep up...

really, liar?

grow up.

I doubt those terms are used by Republican politicians, at least not in public. The thread is about the words of politicians, do try to keep up...

coultergeist said she wished john edwards was killed in a terrorist attack (because she disagreed with his politics).

sarah barracuda said that she liked being in the "pro america parts of the country".

you try keeping up. the post i referred to had NOTHING to do with politicians. read with comprehension.

really, liar?

grow up.

coultergeist said she wished john edwards was killed in a terrorist attack (because she disagreed with his politics).

sarah barracuda said that she liked being in the "pro america parts of the country".

you try keeping up. the post i referred to had NOTHING to do with politicians. read with comprehension.

Sheesh Jilly, the THREAD is about politicians, not pundits.

Which Democrat did Palin demonize with her comment?

Nope, weak-headed Guy, it is about civility in politics. That means all Americans who are involved, not just the politicians.

Sheesh, you can't even read for comprehension.

Nope, weak-headed Guy, it is about civility in politics. That means all Americans who are involved, not just the politicians.

Sheesh, you can't even read for comprehension.

Obviously you didn't read the WHOLE thread. The OP started out with a video of Maxine Waters, but wasn't specific about what he was asking for. Then in a later post he clarified it with this...
Civility in POLITICS, not street thugs who noone can prove one way or the other to be left or right. I know you want to change the subject but it is not happening.
And then he further clarified with this...
All I am asking is which politicians on the right where uncivil before that vote, and what did they say? I could care less bout people on the streets, because we cannot label them one way or the other to be left or right.
I don't imagine that you'll apologize for your insult or your error, but the whole board now knows you're an COMPLETE IDIOT! Have a nice day!

No one cares what you are asking, merely what the OP is: it is about civility in politics.

We have all seen TV and heard politicians acting stupid. Cross hairs on politicians (boom!), some smuck from FL calling the President a liar, and so forth and so on.

Grow up. You have a fail, and nothing will change it.

Hey Doofus, that quote was from Grunt, you know, the OP?? Go look for yourself.

Post #27 12:54PM You even quoted it, moron!

You really are a HACK, and a pretty terrible one, at that.

really, liar?

grow up.

He means real live politicians retard.

Barbarian

how civil was it when Rs were cutting gas lines and throwing bricks through windows?

I'm eagerly awaiting your sources.

Mike

Some Initial Reaction to Passage of HCR Bill (TWO UPDATES) | The Moderate Voice

The front door was smashed out at Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords’ congressional office last night.

At 2:40 a.m., just a few hours after staff left the building after the late-night vote, the alarm system went off, said spokesman C.J. Karamargin. The panel to the front door and the glass panel alongside it were smashed out. The perpetrator likely had to hop the gated fence to get access to the door, since it’s not viewable from the parking lot.

Karamargin said it was unclear if the glass had been shot out with a kind of pellet gun, if it had been kicked or smashed with an object. The door has been covered with plywood.
[...]
While the calls into the office in the past week were “more nasty and rude” and laced with profanity than the office had ever received before, Karamargin said, they did not reach the level of threat that prompted any police involvement.

Who was arrested for that? Was he/she a registered Republican?

A country's politics are, and always have been, a reflection of the electorate.

Look at this board; civility is in very short supply most of the time. Bripat is a serial liar, you have the posers who throw obscenities around like most people say "hello", idiots who tried to politicize a GOP senator having a stroke....

If you're surprised that the government is uncivil, you shouldn't be. We're uncivil and they take their cues from us; not the other way around.

Forum List

Back