Claire McCaskill Rips into Lying Hatch over tax plan for people making $50,000 or less..

You totally glanced over the point. MANY people work third shift and have to sleep during the day when people are all out and a bout making noise. If you can't figure out how to deal with that, the few times kids might be playing basketball, you are more part of the problem than the victim.

You have absolutely NO WAY of knowing how much the parents care about their kids based on them playing basketball at night... nor how well they are doing at school or anything else. You are just throwing shit out there to try and justify your actions.

If you are so tired you fear getting in an accident, then you are at fault for not being a responsible truck driver and knowing better.

Typical lib. If I can't sleep because of the irresponsibilities of others, it's not their fault, it's mine because they kept me awake.

Well I am being a responsible driver. When somebody IS keeping me awake, I call the cops. The cops come out and tell them to cut it out because they have to follow our laws like anybody else. If you decide to take a job of a different shift, then that's on you. If you can't sleep during the day because of noise, then don't take a second or third shift job. Take a first shift job like most everybody else.

Yes, if I see kids out to 10:00 pm on a school night, I KNOW they have irresponsible parents that can care less about them. When we were kids, home before the street lights come on. Take your shower, get your homework done, and in bed to get ample sleep for school tomorrow.

When we were kids it was very rare to see LatchKeyKids basically raising themselves because their parents are working 3 jobs to make ends meet.

After WWII the economy opened up for the middle class Ray, since then the republicans have basically taxed the middle class to death to give the rich tax breaks..

I grew up in the early 80's and maybe it was because of where I lived, but parents might ask where or when you were leaving, but most of the time as long as they never got a visit from the cops, you were free to go do whatever. My house was where all the kids in the neighborhood came to, because my yard was perfect for playing "tennis ball" (basically baseball but with a tennis ball, football, or any other game we wanted to play. But we stayed out late playing flash light tag, and whatever else. Nowadays a kid can't go to the park by themselves without some fucking nosy person calling the cops to say someone is being a bad parent. And then you get people like Ray who has no clue what kind of grades a kid is getting in school, or anything else going on in their home life, who makes a statement that someone is a bad parent because their kid is playing basketball at 10 pm.

:rofl:

Yep, that's exactly what I think. Then when these kids fail school, you leftists cry we need to tax people more to pump money into the schools instead of blaming the parents. So the kids are running around all night, can't stay awake during school, can't get their homework done, end up doing poorly in school, and you say it's great they are out all night; now to solve the problem, give the schools even more tax dollars. Yeah, that will help. Hey! Maybe if you take enough tax money, those kids will be able to stay out until midnight every school night.

So if you KNOW it, then what's the kid's grades? Go ahead, take your time and get back with me. And quit fucking wasting the police's time and resources... they have more important things to take care of. I'm tired of my tax dollars being wasted by old grumpy assholes that can't act like adults. See how that works? ;)

So what do you want me to do, shoot the kids?

The police urge people to use their services instead of taking matters in their own hands. I pay the police, so I use the police. I have the right to have peace in my own home, and as a business person, I have an obligation to my tenants to secure their peace if it's within my ability. If not, they pack up and move somewhere else, and I"m at a financial loss. Why? Because I didn't want to disturb the police?

Just because you were an inconsiderate child and kept your neighbors up all night does't mean I have to put up with it. We have laws for a reason just like we have police for a reason. Every taxpayer has the right to have peace where they live.

Dems are liars. They started saying the bill was awful before it was even presented to the public.

Plus, you have to pass the bill to know what’s in it.

Typical lib. If I can't sleep because of the irresponsibilities of others, it's not their fault, it's mine because they kept me awake.

Well I am being a responsible driver. When somebody IS keeping me awake, I call the cops. The cops come out and tell them to cut it out because they have to follow our laws like anybody else. If you decide to take a job of a different shift, then that's on you. If you can't sleep during the day because of noise, then don't take a second or third shift job. Take a first shift job like most everybody else.

Yes, if I see kids out to 10:00 pm on a school night, I KNOW they have irresponsible parents that can care less about them. When we were kids, home before the street lights come on. Take your shower, get your homework done, and in bed to get ample sleep for school tomorrow.

When we were kids it was very rare to see LatchKeyKids basically raising themselves because their parents are working 3 jobs to make ends meet.

After WWII the economy opened up for the middle class Ray, since then the republicans have basically taxed the middle class to death to give the rich tax breaks..

I grew up in the early 80's and maybe it was because of where I lived, but parents might ask where or when you were leaving, but most of the time as long as they never got a visit from the cops, you were free to go do whatever. My house was where all the kids in the neighborhood came to, because my yard was perfect for playing "tennis ball" (basically baseball but with a tennis ball, football, or any other game we wanted to play. But we stayed out late playing flash light tag, and whatever else. Nowadays a kid can't go to the park by themselves without some fucking nosy person calling the cops to say someone is being a bad parent. And then you get people like Ray who has no clue what kind of grades a kid is getting in school, or anything else going on in their home life, who makes a statement that someone is a bad parent because their kid is playing basketball at 10 pm.

Yep, that's exactly what I think. Then when these kids fail school, you leftists cry we need to tax people more to pump money into the schools instead of blaming the parents. So the kids are running around all night, can't stay awake during school, can't get their homework done, end up doing poorly in school, and you say it's great they are out all night; now to solve the problem, give the schools even more tax dollars. Yeah, that will help. Hey! Maybe if you take enough tax money, those kids will be able to stay out until midnight every school night.

So if you KNOW it, then what's the kid's grades? Go ahead, take your time and get back with me. And quit fucking wasting the police's time and resources... they have more important things to take care of. I'm tired of my tax dollars being wasted by old grumpy assholes that can't act like adults. See how that works? ;)

The police urge people to use their services instead of taking matters in their own hands. I pay the police, so I use the police. I have the right to have peace in my own home, and as a business person, I have an obligation to my tenants to secure their peace if it's within my ability. If not, they pack up and move somewhere else, and I"m at a financial loss. Why? Because I didn't want to disturb the police?

Just because you were an inconsiderate child and kept your neighbors up all night does't mean I have to put up with it. We have laws for a reason just like we have police for a reason. Every taxpayer has the right to have peace where they live.

Only you would make such a fucking stupid statement like that, and you are proof positive of why we need better gun laws. Why the fuck would you shoot kids over playing basketball?

Do you understand when you call the police to come deal with your petty shit, there could be someone somewhere else that is getting assaulted, robbed, raped, murdered... that actually fucking need their help?

At 57 years old you can't think of a better way to deal with the situation? Why not try and befriend the kids? Be a role model? Now guess what you are? The same thing you are here... that old grumpy complaining fuck that calls the cops over something stupid.

Quit wasting my tax payer money calling the cops over kids playing basketball... and when I was a kid, my neighbor's never complained about us kids, because we also helped the neighbors when they needed it. The few times we did do stupid stuff, like the time we made a game out of throwing rotten apples over a fence into someone's pool, they told our parents and we manned up, went to their house, apologized, cleaned out the pool, and never did it again. That's called learning responsibility for our actions and paying the price for it.

Only you would make such a fucking stupid statement like that, and you are proof positive of why we need better gun laws. Why the fuck would you shoot kids over playing basketball?

Do you understand when you call the police to come deal with your petty shit, there could be someone somewhere else that is getting assaulted, robbed, raped, murdered... that actually fucking need their help?

At 57 years old you can't think of a better way to deal with the situation? Why not try and befriend the kids? Be a role model? Now guess what you are? The same thing you are here... that old grumpy complaining fuck that calls the cops over something stupid.

Quit wasting my tax payer money calling the cops over kids playing basketball... and when I was a kid, my neighbor's never complained about us kids, because we also helped the neighbors when they needed it. The few times we did do stupid stuff, like the time we made a game out of throwing rotten apples over a fence into someone's pool, they told our parents and we manned up, went to their house, apologized, cleaned out the pool, and never did it again. That's called learning responsibility for our actions and paying the price for it.

Putting words in my mouth? I never said I would shoot any kids, I asked what you expected me to do instead?

As for our police, they are like any other department. They put calls in priority based on urgency. When they come out, it's because they didn't have anything more important to do. Disturbing my peace is not stupid to me. I pay a lot of tax money to live where I am not disturbed. And it has nothing to do with age. My tenants are of all ages and they used to complain to me all the time about the noise. They expect me to do something on their behalf if not my own. I don't need to be losing tenants over a bunch of lowlifes.

Putting words in my mouth? I never said I would shoot any kids, I asked what you expected me to do instead?

As for our police, they are like any other department. They put calls in priority based on urgency. When they come out, it's because they didn't have anything more important to do. Disturbing my peace is not stupid to me. I pay a lot of tax money to live where I am not disturbed. And it has nothing to do with age. My tenants are of all ages and they used to complain to me all the time about the noise. They expect me to do something on their behalf if not my own. I don't need to be losing tenants over a bunch of lowlifes.

You asked, "What do you want me to do shoot the kids?"

YOU made that jump from me saying you need to handle it on your own instead of calling the cops, to shooting them... FOR PLAYING BASKETBALL.

When they come to your house that puts them at YOUR location... so what if they get a call that is on the other side of town? Your inability to handle a situation like an adult, puts other people's lives in danger.

I just don't know how to get you to understand, you would save yourself, your cops, your neighbors, and the kids a whole lot of stress and trouble if you would approach the situation with a more open mind and try to be nice to the kids and be creative about the situation.

If you haven't noticed by now... he complains about EVERYTHING.

No more or no less than anybody else here. WTF do you think political discourse is about anyway????

He complains about people that get disability by saying it is easy to get and too many people are on it that don't deserve it. (Not true)

Yes, this is true. If you don't believe me, ask my neighbor Mike. You can find him in the garage drinking his compensation check; he and his mother (who has been supporting him his entire adult life) don't get along, so he stays outside as much as he can.

He complains that people that get food stamps all don't deserve them and abuse the system. (Not true)

I dare you to find where I said "all" abuse the system. I said many do. You cradle-to-gravers love to exaggerate.

He complains people that receive HUD are just lazy and if they wouldn't stay up all night and sleep all day they could get a job and pay their own rent. (Not true)

Absolutely. And maybe then I could get some uninterrupted sleep during the work week.

He complained and called the cops on kids playing basketball, when they could be out doing drugs and breaking the law instead.

Right, because when I was growing up and our parents stopped us from playing all night long, we did drugs and broke laws just like every other kid in the neighborhood.

You see if you worked for a living, you would understand the value of being able to come home and relax in peace. If you weren't a liberal, you would understand that putting up with noise all afternoon long until the sun goes down is a pretty fair compromise. But because you're a liberal, you only understand that you should have things your way all the time.

He went to his local government to complain about taxes...

Yep, and so do thousands of others every year. In fact after you file for a hearing, it takes seven months to get a date they are so backed up.

He complains about the insurance program...

Which insurance program?

He complained about his renters... and if you want to know why he probably doesn't have the cheap insurance like many others can get, this probably explains it, but he just seems not to bring it up. If he has his own place, and owns other properties that he is making money off of renting to others... the government probably assumes he can pay for his insurance.

The government are dopes. The only thing they know is my adjusted income. They don't care where or how I came about it. In the end, I'm just a working middle-class guy who likely votes Republican. Commie Care was designed by Democrats so their constituents mostly benefit at the cost of people who likely vote Republican. Commie Care is a perfect example of why government shouldn't be involved in healthcare; because then it does become political.

Yeah like I have never worked in my life... :rofl:

I worked THIRD SHIFT for 5 years... which meant having to sleep in the middle of the fucking day. I learned to adapt to it without calling the cops on my neighbor for mowing his grass at 3 pm in the afternoon when I needed to get sleep. Maybe you should quit being such a shitty neighbor and learn to do the same thing.

It's always someone else's fault and never your own.

Don't tell me you have just now noticed that about him?

YOU made that jump from me saying you need to handle it on your own instead of calling the cops, to shooting them... FOR PLAYING BASKETBALL.

When they come to your house that puts them at YOUR location... so what if they get a call that is on the other side of town? Your inability to handle a situation like an adult, puts other people's lives in danger.

I just don't know how to get you to understand, you would save yourself, your cops, your neighbors, and the kids a whole lot of stress and trouble if you would approach the situation with a more open mind and try to be nice to the kids and be creative about the situation.

If you weren't so dense, you would have realized I did try. And as I explained, the lowlifes just got smart with me. Then I called the cops. But you seem to have selective reading comprehension. There is only so much anybody can do. Tell them nice, and if they give you the finger, call the cops. That's what the cops are there for. Thats' why we pay them.

If you weren't so dense, you would have realized I did try. And as I explained, the lowlifes just got smart with me. Then I called the cops. But you seem to have selective reading comprehension. There is only so much anybody can do. Tell them nice, and if they give you the finger, call the cops. That's what the cops are there for. Thats' why we pay them.

Yeah I'm sure you went up to them with your happy go lucky attitude you share with the forum here... and it went over like a load of bricks.

Yeah I'm sure you went up to them with your happy go lucky attitude you share with the forum here... and it went over like a load of bricks.

Just kindly told them to cut it out for the night because people are going to sleep. We put up with the noise all afternoon and early evening. Fair is fair. But when you have kids who's parents don't care, they don't have any respect for adults like when we were kids.

Just kindly told them to cut it out for the night because people are going to sleep. We put up with the noise all afternoon and early evening. Fair is fair. But when you have kids who's parents don't care, they don't have any respect for adults like when we were kids.

See... you "put up with" their noise all afternoon? Why even bring that up? They are kids playing basketball and you treat them like they are a nuisance.

See... you "put up with" their noise all afternoon? Why even bring that up? They are kids playing basketball and you treat them like they are a nuisance.

Why bring that up? To show we were trying to meet half-way, that's why. Our way would have been no basketball at all, but we didn't say anything so the kids could get some exercise instead of sitting around with video games. But when night time comes and we want to read a paper, watch a television show, get ready for bed, it's time to stop and let us have our way for the rest of the night. It was an attempt to show them what compromise means.

Why bring that up? To show we were trying to meet half-way, that's why. Our way would have been no basketball at all, but we didn't say anything so the kids could get some exercise instead of sitting around with video games. But when night time comes and we want to read a paper, watch a television show, get ready for bed, it's time to stop and let us have our way for the rest of the night. It was an attempt to show them what compromise means.

How is it your right to tell kids they can't play in the middle of the afternoon?

How is it your right to tell kids they can't play in the middle of the afternoon?

Disturbing the peace applies to day and night time. It's one thing for kids to be playing basketball and another when there are 20 kids in the yard.

Disturbing the peace applies to day and night time. It's one thing for kids to be playing basketball and another when there are 20 kids in the yard.

I thought you said it was one of those portable basketball hoops in the street?

I'm done arguing this crap with you. You complain constantly that everyone is stealing your tax money, and everyone else is at fault for everything bad going on... yet you've proven you are the source of a lot of your own problems.

I'm done arguing this crap with you. You complain constantly that everyone is stealing your tax money, and everyone else is at fault for everything bad going on... yet you've proven you are the source of a lot of your own problems.

Yes, it was portable basketball hoop that they put in their backyard. We are on a main street so it's impossible to put it out there. In fact, the hoop was no less than 30 feet from my bedroom window.

Yes, it was portable basketball hoop that they put in their backyard. We are on a main street so it's impossible to put it out there. In fact, the hoop was no less than 30 feet from my bedroom window.

You should have told them they could keep playing as long as they were all swish baskets. :lmao:

More lies and dishonesty from the reprehensible right.

The Republican plan is in fact bad for middle class Americans:

‘Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio)…explained, accurately, that the Senate GOP tax plan isn’t intended to help the middle class; it’s written to benefit the richest Americans.
[…]
Brown’s argument was, at its core, substantive: non-partisan analyses of the Senate Republican tax plan make clear that it would disproportionately benefit the wealthiest Americans, and raise taxes on millions of middle-class families. That’s not some lazy “political play”; it’s an argument backed up by evidence.’

A senatorial clash that explains what's wrong with the tax fight
Why does a tax plan have to benefit anyone to be acceptable? The middle class wants new roads, healthcare etc.Just like everyone else. Why would they think they shouldn't pay for it but the rich should?

I've never got this part of the liberal mind set. We want all of this free government shit but don't want to be the ones to pay for it. How can that possibly work?

On the other hand, why does Trump and his pals benefit from this plan, don't they drive the same roads Mike?... I mean how much money does someone need .. Many of these fat cats got rich off of the backs of the middle class.. So your point fails..

So we should have a limit to how much money you can have. Well then, how much should that be?

No, of course not .. but I just don't understand why you think that it is ok to give the mega rich such a huge tax break off of the working classes back.

They ride off into the sunset with their 5 million dollar yachts while the working class picks up another job to pay the taxes.

Why is the GOP fighting for these taxes for the super rich? Because they line the pockets of these Senators..Take a look at who funded Hatch's campaign?

First of all, all taxes are paid by the middle class and lower class far more than the rich. The rich own the companies that make the products and provide the services the poor and middle class purchase. When you raise the taxes on people for just having more money they increase the price of their goods and services to cover it. Whenever you decide to tax business more it can only end in two ways. The prices go up or the company goes broke trying to keep prices down.

Second, why do I care if someone has a 5 million dollar yacht? It's not mine. I didn't pay for it. I may wish I had one but I don't so it doesn't bother me in the least.

Third, the answer to why politicians get bought off is easy. When you have a tax code like ours it pays for them to get special cut outs for themselves which are more valuable than what they spent to get them passed. It's an expenditure that pays off. If you want that to end.And I do. Then you put in a flat tax everyone pays equally with no exceptions. You have taken away the sole reason for donating to politicians for tax favors.

Forum List

Back