🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Clarence Thomas and Affirmative Action

They are not quotes, they are made up.

They "made them up" in 1995 so they can be used today?

My guess is they made them up to use them against him when he was nominated for the Supreme court, but then they found Anita Hill. The fact that they still can be used today because some people believe anything they read on the internet only makes it better. All you have to do to prove me wrong is find the actual speech.
They made them up in 1995 to be used against him when he was nominated?
Four years after he was nominated?

I must have missed something somewhere.

They "made them up" in 1995 so they can be used today?

My guess is they made them up to use them against him when he was nominated for the Supreme court, but then they found Anita Hill. The fact that they still can be used today because some people believe anything they read on the internet only makes it better. All you have to do to prove me wrong is find the actual speech.

I didn't say they made it up in 1995, did I?

The post you quoted did. Lol
And you stated they were made up to be used when he was nominated.
I don't think either one of you knew when he was nominated. I didn't know exact year but we should all remember he was nominated under Bush. :)

Now count how many times Shroom posted after this question and why he is ignoring it lol

I am saying that race is not as much of a factor in a person's ability to earn a living or to become famous, become rich, to have millions of fans of all races, to achieve in their chosen professions.

Are there racists? Hell yes. There are White Racists, Black Racists, Hispanic Racists, Oriental Racists, Middle Eastern Racists, etc. Just as there are both male and females Sexists.

Being a Racist, bigot, or sexist is not dependent upon a person's skin color or gender. It is a state of mind.

If America was as racist as some of the left would have everyone believe, the NBA would be mostly White instead of Black. The NFL would be mostly White instead of Black. Oprah would never had gotten wealthy and famous. Obama would not have been elected President. Alan West would never have been an Officer in the Military.

Everyone is basically given the same basic chances to succeed. It's how they have taken advantage of those chances and the choices they made in their lives that have a greater affect and effect on the outcome of their lives than another person's racist or sexist mindset.

Black were banned from the NBA at one time. Don't you think that a sort of 'affirmative action' played a role in integrating different sports and the military?

Talent played the part of blacks getting into the NBA 63 years ago. The first Puerto Rican in 78 and the first Chinese player debuted in 2001. Not affirmative action.

I do agree that in many walks of life affirmative action worked, I believe now it is outdated. IMHO

I don't think either one of you knew when he was nominated. I didn't know exact year but we should all remember he was nominated under Bush. :)

I actually don't know when they made it up, I just presented a more reasonable theory of why it was made up. To be honest, it could have been made up in 1995 just to give the idiot who wrote the column a boost. I am even willing to admit Thomas actually said it, if someone can show me the actual speech, not just quotes from people who are trying to use it to prove that Thomas is a hypocrite. If he actually said it I want to know what the context was to see if it matches with things I know he said before then that directly contradict it.

I found this article pretty interesting. What say you?

Editorials & Opinion | Clarence Thomas: Poster Boy For Affirmative Action | Seattle Times Newspaper

942917_627416220605011_98863982_n.png

^racist

I actually don't know when they made it up, I just presented a more reasonable theory of why it was made up. To be honest, it could have been made up in 1995 just to give the idiot who wrote the column a boost. I am even willing to admit Thomas actually said it, if someone can show me the actual speech, not just quotes from people who are trying to use it to prove that Thomas is a hypocrite. If he actually said it I want to know what the context was to see if it matches with things I know he said before then that directly contradict it.

Lets start from the beginning. They are not made up, you presented a theory on why YOU THOUGHT they were. Put your theory in one hand and take a crap in the other. Shit has more weight than that bogus theory.

Now you gone full retard and just outright claiming something is made up....wait for it....without one shred of evidence. Just your squawking

He said it equated to slavery, is he a slave? He benefited from that 'discrimination' and 'segregation', he wasn't complaining about it then. Did you see those quotes he made that touted the benefits of Affirmative Action?

sooo, he should basically what, shut up?

You must be mistaking me for a republican 'conservative'. I am a Liberal and I believe in the free and open exchange of ideas and opinions.

As long as they are politically correct, eh comrade?

Lets start from the beginning. They are not made up, you presented a theory on why YOU THOUGHT they were. Put your theory in one hand and take a crap in the other. Shit has more weight than that bogus theory.

Now you gone full retard and just outright claiming something is made up....wait for it....without one shred of evidence. Just your squawking

So you can produce the evidence that PheonixOps has yet to produce? Unless you can prove the claim, I call bullshit.

So you can produce the evidence that PheonixOps has yet to produce? Unless you can prove the claim, I call bullshit.

They posted sources in the original article. Are you claiming the Seattle Times is not trustworthy? The largest Paper in Washington state?
One that has even backed a republican state attorney candidate?

I think you and QW are grasping at straws. It is kind of sad.

I do not need to prove it is made up, that is the inevitable conclusion given the actual facts. The speech the quote came from was never given, the quotes do not exist outside progressive fantasy blogs and old opinion columns. Feel free to prove me wrong by finding the speech, I looked because I wanted context. You aren't looking because all you care about is making the ****** look bad, which is why you are a racist.

Last edited:

The speech the quote came from was never given, the quotes do not exist outside progressive fantasy blogs and old magazine columns. Feel free to prove me wrong by finding the speech, I looked because I wanted context. You aren't looking because all you care about is making the ****** look bad.

So what you're saying is the speech doesn't exist except it does. You don't like where it exists so you want me to show you the speech in a place you like?

So basically...you have nothing and are trolling

They posted sources in the original article. Are you claiming the Seattle Times is not trustworthy? The largest Paper in Washington state?
One that has even backed a republican state attorney candidate?

I think you and QW are grasping at straws. It is kind of sad.

They did not post sources, it wasn't an article, it was an opinion column, and was not fact checked. Feel free to prove me wrong by finding the actual text of the speech, or a recording of it. Thomas submitted everything he ever wrote to the Senate Judicial Committee, so it should be pretty easy for you to find.

Unless it doesn't exist.

The speech the quote came from was never given, the quotes do not exist outside progressive fantasy blogs and old magazine columns. Feel free to prove me wrong by finding the speech, I looked because I wanted context. You aren't looking because all you care about is making the ****** look bad.

So what you're saying is the speech doesn't exist except it does. You don't like where it exists so you want me to show you the speech in a place you like?

So basically...you have nothing and are trolling

Where is your proof it exists? All I have seen is the alleged quotes from the speech, not the speech. Want to prove me wrong?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back