🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Clarence Thomas and Affirmative Action

Lets start from the beginning. They are not made up, you presented a theory on why YOU THOUGHT they were. Put your theory in one hand and take a crap in the other. Shit has more weight than that bogus theory.

Now you gone full retard and just outright claiming something is made up....wait for it....without one shred of evidence. Just your squawking

So you can produce the evidence that PheonixOps has yet to produce? Unless you can prove the claim, I call bullshit.

They posted sources in the original article. Are you claiming the Seattle Times is not trustworthy? The largest Paper in Washington state?
One that has even backed a republican state attorney candidate?

I think you and QW are grasping at straws. It is kind of sad.

It wasn't an article. It was an opinion piece. You know, where people say what they think and often spin. If I said that in November 2012, Obama said such and such but could provide no other evidence other than I wrote it in an opinion piece, would you accept it as gospel or ask for proof?

Last edited:
So you can produce the evidence that PheonixOps has yet to produce? Unless you can prove the claim, I call bullshit.

They posted sources in the original article. Are you claiming the Seattle Times is not trustworthy? The largest Paper in Washington state?
One that has even backed a republican state attorney candidate?

I think you and QW are grasping at straws. It is kind of sad.

It wasn't an article. It was an opinion piece. You know, where people say what they think and often spin. If I said that in November 2012, Obama said such and such but could provide no other evidence other than I wrote it in an opinion piece, would you accept it as gospel or ask for proof?

I bet I could go back and find where Glenn Beck said that Obama claimed to have been born on Mars. Given the current insistence that claiming someone said something is proof they actually said it I think we should make McCain president by default.

The speech the quote came from was never given, the quotes do not exist outside progressive fantasy blogs and old magazine columns. Feel free to prove me wrong by finding the speech, I looked because I wanted context. You aren't looking because all you care about is making the ****** look bad.

So what you're saying is the speech doesn't exist except it does. You don't like where it exists so you want me to show you the speech in a place you like?

So basically...you have nothing and are trolling

Where is your proof it exists? All I have seen is the alleged quotes from the speech, not the speech. Want to prove me wrong?

You already said it exists in the old articles and blogosphere you just don't like WHERE it exists.

I am saying that race is not as much of a factor in a person's ability to earn a living or to become famous, become rich, to have millions of fans of all races, to achieve in their chosen professions.

Are there racists? Hell yes. There are White Racists, Black Racists, Hispanic Racists, Oriental Racists, Middle Eastern Racists, etc. Just as there are both male and females Sexists.

Being a Racist, bigot, or sexist is not dependent upon a person's skin color or gender. It is a state of mind.

If America was as racist as some of the left would have everyone believe, the NBA would be mostly White instead of Black. The NFL would be mostly White instead of Black. Oprah would never had gotten wealthy and famous. Obama would not have been elected President. Alan West would never have been an Officer in the Military.

Everyone is basically given the same basic chances to succeed. It's how they have taken advantage of those chances and the choices they made in their lives that have a greater affect and effect on the outcome of their lives than another person's racist or sexist mindset.

Black were banned from the NBA at one time. Don't you think that a sort of 'affirmative action' played a role in integrating different sports and the military?

Talent played the part of blacks getting into the NBA 63 years ago. The first Puerto Rican in 78 and the first Chinese player debuted in 2001. Not affirmative action.

I do agree that in many walks of life affirmative action worked, I believe now it is outdated. IMHO

You may have missed this post from me:

I'm not actually 'blaming' him, I just ran across that picture and thought that it would make an interesting discussion. I do find it funny that on one hand he was praising it's virtues when he was benefiting from it and then turns around and says those negative things about it. It helped him get where he is today.

Do I think that there is still a need for 'Affirmative Action'? I (surprisingly to some of you folks) don't think that there is a need for racial hiring quotas and other similar quotas for the most part. I say "for the most part" because maybe someone can come up with a valid argument that may make me change my mind a little. I think a LOT of people , for various reasons, tend to over dramatize that 'evil' Affirmative Action.

Last edited:
They are not quotes, they are made up.

They "made them up" in 1995 so they can be used today?

My guess is they made them up to use them against him when he was nominated for the Supreme court, but then they found Anita Hill. The fact that they still can be used today because some people believe anything they read on the internet only makes it better. All you have to do to prove me wrong is find the actual speech.

1995 is a long time after he was nominated to the SCOTUS.

Is it hypocritical to admit that the programs that advanced you simply because of your skin color are wrong and need to be shut down?

HMMMMMMM?

exaclty. How is deciding something that you recieved undeserved as a child is not good for society in general? It may show you are undeserving of being where you are now, and it may show you are mean spirited and thankless, but not necessarily a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Is it hypocritical to admit that the programs that advanced you simply because of your skin color are wrong and need to be shut down?

HMMMMMMM?

exaclty. How is deciding something that you recieved undeserved as a child is not good for society in general? It may show you are undeserving of being where you are now, and it may show you are mean spirited and thankless, but not necessarily a hypocrite.

It was good for him, helped him to succeed. After he succeeds he determines the route he took should be destroyed because...*wait for it*....it doesn't help anyone he says while sitting on the Supreme Court.

Call that whatever you want...it's wrong

HMMMMMMM?

It was good for him, helped him to succeed. After he succeeds he determines the route he took should be destroyed because...*wait for it*....it doesn't help anyone he says while sitting on the Supreme Court.

So you are trying to say that the laws and rules that put obstructions in the path of Clarence Thomas and others 50 years ago are still in place and need to be protected against?

Do I understand you correctly?

HMMMMMMM?

I'm not so sure. Hugo Black was a segregationist who came over to the side of Jesus. Ike called Earl Warren his biggest mistake. I'm just uncomfortable with the thought that we might be placing a larger burden of consistency upon Thomas because of his color.

I'm pretty sure he is not a very nice person. I thought Alito was a decent guy, whose politics I don't necessarily agree with all the time, but he looks like quite the ahole too.

So you are trying to say that the laws and rules that put obstructions in the path of Clarence Thomas and others 50 years ago are still in place and need to be protected against?

No not the same obstructions. Are you trying to say that everything is all good and AA isn't needed anymore? If so, which feeling are you citing as proof? Fear? Anger?

No not the same obstructions. Are you trying to say that everything is all good and AA isn't needed anymore? If so, which feeling are you citing as proof? Fear? Anger?

Taking your emotion out of the equation and explain the how obstructions have changed of the last fifty years.

I found this article pretty interesting. What say you?

Editorials & Opinion | Clarence Thomas: Poster Boy For Affirmative Action | Seattle Times Newspaper

942917_627416220605011_98863982_n.png

Trotting out the same old lies again...

Fucking communists - no integrity at all...

Taking your emotion out of the equation and explain the how obstructions have changed of the last fifty years.

You want to play this game. Your turn to answer.

Well, imo to have an honestly pointed discusseion you have to first narrowly define what Thomas thinks on AA. And I don't mean any poster is being disengenuous. Thomas thinks AA stigmatizes minority beneficiaries. Of course it does. I don't think Thomas gets into Yale without it. Thomas oppsed Texas quota of 10% minorites in law school. I believe quotas are no longer allowed, but schools can use race as a consideration in admittance to make sure their student body is diverse. I figure he votes against even that, but I don't see how racial preference is really different from wanting a cross section geographically.

So there is no difference, even though you claim there is a difference.

I believe much has changed and with the electronic media, racism rarely flies under the radar. I also believe many races have gained much in the education and career advancement. Could it be better, sure. I think getting rid of affirmative action, it helps level the playing field and ends resentment and helps all realize they achieved on their own merit.

So your want to emotionalize the debate, is that because of fear or anger?

I believe much has changed and with the electronic media, racism rarely flies under the radar. I also believe many races have gained much in the education and career advancement. Could it be better, sure. I think getting rid of affirmative action, it helps level the playing field and ends resentment and helps all realize they achieved on their own merit.

Your inability to answer my question shows you don't want to be honest. Thanks

What question did you ask, the emotional fear or anger? I don't think it is either, I think it is you trying to frame the debate, and your inability to respond with anything of substance shows that.

What question did you ask, the emotional fear or anger? I don't think it is either, I think it is you trying to frame the debate, and your inability to respond with anything of substance shows that.

I thought at least you would wait until it went to a new page to pretend you didn't see the question above.

Here:

I thought at least you would wait until it went to a new page to pretend you didn't see the question above.

Here:

I'm saying it is better and it is not needed, I cited my reasons in the above posts and I also answered both your questions, though you have not addressed mine.

Forum List

Back